+ Reply to Thread
Page 521 of 521 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 518 519 520 521
Results 13,001 to 13,012 of 13012

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    My apology. I worded it wrong. What I mean is any player should be allowed to play until the player is proven guilty in a court of law. Or accepts a plea deal etc...

And if the accuser decides to drop it, it should be dropped...
    First, it doesn't matter what is proved in a court of law. It's what the league investigates. Nor does it matter whether it's a plea deal or not. All major sports suspend players for various league violations that have nothing to do with criminal law. And, if there is evidence even if the accuser decides to drop it, then it should not be dropped by the league. See Ray Rice beating his girlfriend. That will not be tolerated - and shouldn't.

Second, innocent until proven guilty is a rule of criminal law (it's not a universal moral law) in order to protect a criminal before a judge or jury from the presumption of guilt - to create objectivity in the jury.

Third, there's a report above that notes it was a public incident of slapping his wife with several witnesses, including a member of the MLB front office. Don't need much more than that.

I'm for redemption and restoration, but there needs to be some punishment / justice levied against him. If the incident as reported is true, then he should not be pitching this post-season. No way.

And, the real person we should be frustrated with is not MLB - DV rules need to be strong in all major sports - but we should be frustrated with German.

German let his family, teammates, the Yankee organization, and fans across the country down by his behavior. Sad for his family and the Yankees and him.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Mike Mazzeo
    @MazzYahoo

2m
    Per Yahoo's story: MLB didnít release details about what led to the investigation, but sources told Yahoo Sports that German had a physical altercation with his girlfriend late Monday/early Tuesday at CC Sabathiaís LegaCCy Gala in New York City.

First Bob Klapisch report incident, it was near MLB office then, there was report that incident occurs German' house, now at CC's Gala? wth.
    No one reported that it was near an MLB office. The report on the prior page was that it was witnessed by someone who worked for with MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by PinStriper44 View Post
    First, it doesn't matter what is proved in a court of law. It's what the league investigates. Nor does it matter whether it's a plea deal or not. All major sports suspend players for various league violations that have nothing to do with criminal law. And, if there is evidence even if the accuser decides to drop it, then it should not be dropped by the league. See Ray Rice beating his girlfriend. That will not be tolerated - and shouldn't.

Second, innocent until proven guilty is a rule of criminal law (it's not a universal moral law) in order to protect a criminal before a judge or jury from the presumption of guilt - to create objectivity in the jury.

Third, there's a report above that notes it was a public incident of slapping his wife with several witnesses, including a member of the MLB front office. Don't need much more than that.

I'm for redemption and restoration, but there needs to be some punishment / justice levied against him. If the incident as reported is true, then he should not be pitching this post-season. No way.

And, the real person we should be frustrated with is not MLB - DV rules need to be strong in all major sports - but we should be frustrated with German.

German let his family, teammates, the Yankee organization, and fans across the country down by his behavior. Sad for his family and the Yankees and him.
    Right. Heís not on leave for breaking the law. Heís on leave for possible violation of league policy.

As amazing as this season has been for so many players who have stepped up, this Yankees team is cursed. I mean, I'd be elated to see them win the WS, but frankly, the odds were slim that they would get by the Astros fully healthy. The Astros hitters (especially their top 6-7) are incredible and their pitchers are insanely dominant. I know anything can happen, but we could get crushed. I don't see us getting by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bag302 View Post
    For hosting the Gala in his name

I know some people really. Number 1 if you read from people with the Yankees who will only report facts it happened at his house not at CC event. And to say thanks CC go away rather then say hey German what are you thinking about no matter where it was why raise your hand to a female just shows how some well ill stop there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    I know some people really. Number 1 if you read from people with the Yankees who will ony report facts it happened at his house not at CC event. And to say thanks CC rather then say German what are you thinking about no matter where it was shows well ill stop there.
    I'm pretty sure he was kidding. Like, he's not blaming CC for German smacking his wife. He's blaming CC for being the reason German and wife were present. It wasn't particularly funny (well, it was in a dark sense), but I get why he said it.

E: Don't get paralyzed by sanctimony. Domestic Violence is freaking horrible. We all know this (well, except a few people here tonight). Making a misdirection joke is an attempt to make light of a woah-is-us scenario.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Congrats to our Yankees. What they've done considering the injuries is absolutely amazing.

Now on to the next challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by PinStriper44 View Post

Agree with everything you said. Be shocked if the Yankees allow him to pitch even if MLB does. It's a stain no team wants to be associate with.

NYYF Legend

Twins just hit their third HR tonight.

Just what the Yankees need, some turmoil, and Senor Lucky with his 18-4, 4.03 era going down now !

But didn't Mr. 102 mph fastball Chapman have the same issues ?

It doesn't matter much, they will lose to the Astros, if they manage to beat the Twins, three ace level righties against a lineup of right-handed strikeout prone sluggers....

Just beating Minnesota ,and hopefully having a game7 in Houston, would be great

A little more pitching instead of picking up every possible right handed sluggers, and they just might have won it all !

NYYF Legend

Yankees hit 4 HRs. Twins hit 4 HRs. Don't see how Yankees will beat them out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Yankees hit 4 HRs. Twins hit 4 HRs. Don't see how Yankees will beat them out.
    They both club the ball pretty well.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Thread Information