+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 342 FirstFirst ... 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 8548

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Live look into the concourse at yankee stadium.

NSFW

adult language.
    Last edited by Bub; 04-15-19 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Community Standards

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    This is why I have little sympathy for the "injuries" excuse. Other than Betances, the bullpen is pretty much intact. The rotation is missing Severino which certainly hurts but Happ and Paxton have not been good. Even without the injuries this is a highly flawed team and I'm not sure if they have a good enough rotation to go on a run once the injured players are back.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Triple Crown

Iím guessing with the off day today tomorrow will be 42 for everyone on the Yankees but not the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Josh Donaldson HR'd for the 2nd straight game and extended his hitting streak to 7 games.

How many people wanted him? on the Cheap and they let talent pass and rely on guys who always get hurt.
    Isn't Josh Donaldson a guy who always gets hurt? Not exactly an ironman himself.

Id add Gio to the rotation, move German to the bullpen to strengthen what has all of a sudden become a weakness. If Gio falter, German moves back to rotation. otherwise we lose Gio this weekend for nothing and its only a matter of time until CC or Paxton or Tanaka gets hurt. We cant lose Gio (not that hes some ace or a savior but hes a solid starting pitcher who we need right now).

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Josh Donaldson HR'd for the 2nd straight game and extended his hitting streak to 7 games.

How many people wanted him? on the Cheap and they let talent pass and rely on guys who always get hurt.
    Its still early but not sure $23 million is on the cheap. Also the 7 game streak brings his average up to .264 with 2 hrs and 3 rbis. Similar to current Yankee problem of homer or nothing. Same $ has gotten us 2 years of DLJ with position flexibility. Much less power but on base more which is what this team desperately needs

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by shadyridr View Post
    Id add Gio to the rotation, move German to the bullpen to strengthen what has all of a sudden become a weakness. If Gio falter, German moves back to rotation. otherwise we lose Gio this weekend for nothing and its only a matter of time until CC or Paxton or Tanaka gets hurt. We cant lose Gio (not that hes some ace or a savior but hes a solid starting pitcher who we need right now).
    I think you have to make this move to avoid Gio opting out. You know the day after he opts out someone in the rotation is going to go down with an injury.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I think you have to make this move to avoid Gio opting out. You know the day after he opts out someone in the rotation is going to go down with an injury.
    Insert pithy comment here about Rothschild doing something stupid with Gioís stuff, Gio opting out in disgust and proceeding to pitch to a 3.25 ERA for the Padres, helping pave the way for a 95 win season.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Insert pithy comment here about Rothschild doing something stupid with Gioís stuff, Gio opting out in disgust and proceeding to pitch to a 3.25 ERA for the Padres, helping pave the way for a 95 win season.
    ....on their way to facing the Phillies in the NLCS.

NYYF Legend

Speaking of the Padres, I love that our fans were clowning them for signing Machado this offseason and now they are leading the NL West. I never understood that criticism. As if they are not supposed to ever want to contend.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    ....on their way to facing the Phillies in the NLCS.

And at that point, board implosion...Complete!
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Speaking of the Padres, I love that our fans were clowning them for signing Machado this offseason and now they are leading the NL West. I never understood that criticism. As if they are not supposed to ever want to contend.

Too many Yanks fans are arrogant. They think everything Cashman does is right and that we have some amazing roster thats so much better then everyone else's.

All offseason I had to hear how we dont need Machado or Harper. We're too good and they cost too much. I had to hear how expensive Corbin was and how last year was a fluke and he isnt that good. Had to hear how great of a signing Tulowitzki was because he is cheap. Had to hear how bringing back Gardner was great because he is a leader! Had to hear how Brantley made no sense because he cant play CF. Had to hear how the rotation is fine because Severino is an ace, Paxton will be an ace (Cashman is a genius for making that deal!), Happ was a great value signing. Had to hear how signing FA's sucks, and when we win (yes WHEN) it all it will be awesome because we'll be led by a homegrown core. Blah, blah, blah. Too many people drink the Kool Aid. Too many care more about the luxury tax and increasing Hal's profit margin then winning titles.

Somewhere along the line, Yanks fans went soft and many went stupid too. I dont get it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Too many Yanks fans are arrogant. They think everything Cashman does is right and that we have some amazing roster thats so much better then everyone else's.

All offseason I had to hear how we dont need Machado or Harper. We're too good and they cost too much. I had to hear how expensive Corbin was and how last year was a fluke and he isnt that good. Had to hear how great of a signing Tulowitzki was because he is cheap. Had to hear how bringing back Gardner was great because he is a leader! Had to hear how Brantley made no sense because he cant play CF. Had to hear how the rotation is fine because Severino is an ace, Paxton will be an ace (Cashman is a genius for making that deal!), Happ was a great value signing. Had to hear how signing FA's sucks, and when we win (yes WHEN) it all it will be awesome because we'll be led by a homegrown core. Blah, blah, blah. Too many people drink the Kool Aid. Too many care more about the luxury tax and increasing Hal's profit margin then winning titles.

Somewhere along the line, Yanks fans went soft and many went stupid too. I dont get it.
    No lies detected.

NYYF Legend

Same fans who don't like the Harper signing or the Cano signing. They focus on how terrible the deal would be in the player's later years. They think those terrible contract would hinder Yankees WS chance in those years.

But it seems people forget that those non-signings are hindering their WS chance now.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Same fans who doesn't like the Harper signing or the Cano signing. They focus on how terrible the deal would be in the player's later years. They think those terrible contract would hinder Yankees WS chance in those years.

But it seems people forget that those non-signings are hindering their WS chance now.
    I think those are very different propositions. The reason Machado and Harper were so intriguing was because you could sign them in their primes to long-term deals (I wanted Machado over Harper, fwiw).

I was fine with letting Cano walk - I understood not signing him to a 10 year deal when he was 31. The mistake they made, in my mind, was signing Ellsbury to "replace" him.

Addicted Member

This is why I have little sympathy for the "injuries" excuse. Other than Betances, the bullpen is pretty much intact. The rotation is missing Severino which certainly hurts but Happ and Paxton have not been good. Even without the injuries this is a highly flawed team and I'm not sure if they have a good enough rotation to go on a run once the injured players are back.

I'm coming around to the view you express in your final sentence, above. The rotation is now looking suspect. As for the bullpen, it has thus far been a real disappointment. Prior to the season, both looked to be strengths for the Yankees. It's possible all may change with the return of the wounded, but some of those wounded are very far from returning; and in some cases--I have Severino in mind--I would not be surprised if we didn't see him at all this season.
    Last edited by Bauer; 04-15-19 at 02:36 PM.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post

This off-season was so wrong in so many ways. Standing pat was not the way to go IMO. Did anyone think getting Paxton was going to take us to the promise land?

Operational Death Star? This is such a misleading comment by Cashman. Not only was this yankee machine malfunctioning now and it was never a Death Star. Tulo instead of Machado was a decision based on budget. It clearly didnít add up for me. When youíre the richest franchise in baseball, you donít bargain hunt.

I hope Iím wrong about the eventual outcome for 2019. It doesnít look promising after three weeks of frustrating baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    This off-season was so wrong in so many ways. Standing pat was not the way to go IMO. Did anyone think getting Paxton was going to take us to the promise land?

Operational Death Star? This is such a misleading comment by Cashman. Not only was this yankee machine malfunctioning now and it was never a Death Star. Tulo instead of Machado was a decision based on budget. It clearly didnít add up for me. When youíre the richest franchise in baseball, you donít bargain hunt.

I hope Iím wrong about the eventual outcome for 2019. It doesnít look promising after three weeks of frustrating baseball.
    We could add giving up on Gray after just one down season to the long list of mistakes too!

Thank God thereís only 365x10 more years of hearing about not signing Harper and Machado!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Was out of the country and watching some recaps. Ugly series, but that grand slam pitch was pretty well located. Right on the outside corner.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Triple Crown

It's Joe Harvey. Brian knows to add Gio to the active roster by April 20th (Saturday) to avoid him from opting out (Brian's plan all along to fill in for Sevy). German is too important in our pen as a multi inning pitcher. Let's just hope he pitches well until Sevy and/or Monty returns.

Tanaka
    Paxton
    Gio
    Happ
    CC

It'd definitely be a mistake to let Gio walk but I would like to see German stay in the rotation. He's been one of the few bright spots of the team so far.

I wonder if Gio would accept a bullpen spot. Even with diminished stuff last year, he was still very effective against LHH and during his first time through the batting order. Both of those bode well for a relief role. But based on his per start bonuses, I doubt he'd even consider.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Was out of the country and watching some recaps. Ugly series, but that grand slam pitch was pretty well located. Right on the outside corner.
    The walks before the grand slam were the problem

NYYF Legend

Boston managed to lose 8-1 to the Orioles today. Maybe we can beat them tomorrow

Thread Information