+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 450 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 447 448 449 450
Results 11,226 to 11,238 of 11238
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    True but i still don't fear their offense. And now their second-best hitter Lowe out for the season.
    That will hurt them. But they still could have a shutdown rotation in a short series. We need to have a lead and get the game to our bullpen.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    True but i still don't fear their offense. And now their second-best hitter Lowe out for the season.
    The Yankees are 8 games ahead of Tampa Bay and the Yankees have a better run differential, but some statistics make Tampa Bay seem better. Our offense and their pitching are both elite. Their offense ranks 18th in OPS, which is better than our pitching rank of 19th in opponents OPS. The Yankees have an OPS differential of +.061, and Tampa Bay is +.081. The Dodgers lead at +.157, and Houston is +.146.

TLDR: We don't fear their offense, and they don't need to fear our pitching other than the top four relievers and possibly Hale, Heller, Gearrin, Severino, and Betances, of which everyone is out or rehabbing other than Gearrin.

Domingo Acevedo was removed from the 40 man roster to make room for Gearrin. Gearrin has not been put on the 25 man roster or assigned to a minor league team yet. To replace Gearrin, Seattle called up Justus Sheffield, who pitched 1 game for them on April 26. Sheffield was one of three players we traded for Paxton.

Edit: https://theathletic.com/1157262/2019...-year-edition/ which you must pay for is by Jayson Stark. He says that the Dodgers have had catcher Russell Martin pitch the ninth inning of games the Dodgers were winning twice. Stark quoted Martin as saying:

“It is crazy,” Martin said. “Normally, a position player is not pitching in games where his team is winning. But that’s one thing that’s cool about playing for the Dodgers and Dave Roberts. He’s not scared to do something that’s unconventional.”

I bring that up because Roberts' stolen base led to the unconventional coming back from down 3-0 to win a series by the 2004 Red Sox.

Edit: In Martin's first game finished the last out was also a catcher who pitched in that game, and both are former Yankees. The last out was by John Ryan Murphy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I would prefer a scenario tonight in which the Yankees emerged victorious.
    I'd love that type of scenario. I hope I can stay awake and be rewarded with a close competitive game. Please give me a nudge in the game thread tonight every inning or so.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Domingo Acevedo was removed from the 40 man roster to make room for Gearrin.
    I had high hopes of Acevedo becoming the next Betances. He's certainly had health issues and hasn't learn to command all his pitches. But I thought he could get guys out with triple-digit fastballs in the 7th inning.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Balt is just plain awful. The tigers have a better chance at beating you. This is how we got the lead up to where it is. But after tonight i am afraid it will be at the low point in awhile at 7 games. Tampa leads 7-0 they will coast to another win in that one and Ryu is more likely to beat us then Kershaw as he is just been great.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Balt is just plain awful. The tigers have a better chance at beating you. This is how we got the lead up to where it is. But after tonight i am afraid it will be at the low point in awhile at 7 games. Tampa leads 7-0 they will coast to another win in that one and Ryu is more likely to beat us then Kershaw as he is just been great.
    Sadly our huge lead could be down to 5 games by Sunday night.

Watching a pitcher duel at Citti, why cant we get pitchers like these studs?
    What is the problem?

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue2018 View Post
    Watching a pitcher duel at Citti, why cant we get pitchers like these studs?
    What is the problem?
    Please stop. Enjoy the Mets. Leave us alone. I implore you. go to a Mets board.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Cy Young

Don't feed the troll is my advice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

Actually, I was focused on the Atlanta pitcher. Degrom is a given.
    I'm really pulling for the Braves and Foltynewicz was awesome. Where did he come from?

I hate the Mets, just love their starting staff

Calls a tool a tool

What stupid uniforms. MLB offices have way too much time on their hands.

Calls a tool a tool

omg. hOW DO YOU NOT GO HOME WITH THE PITCHER UP AND 2 OUTS?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    omg. hOW DO YOU NOT GO HOME WITH THE PITCHER UP AND 2 OUTS?
    Iím still shaking my head in disbelief.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information