+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 548 FirstFirst ... 332 382 422 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 442 482 532 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 13697
  1. #10776

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The 2019 Aaron Judge isn’t the irreplaceable bat you know him to be.
    Are you defining his season by the recent slump?

    For his first month or so back from the IL (June 21 - July 24), Judge put up these numbers:

    26 gms, 114 PA, .330 BA, .460 OBP, .571 SLG, 1.032 OPS, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 20 Runs

    I’m actually happy to see him get this slump out his system now than to hit the wall in October. I fully expect him to be back to his old self soon. Maybe last night was a sign of him turning things around.

  2. #10777
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The 2019 Aaron Judge isn’t the irreplaceable bat you know him to be.
    Normally I wouldn’t mind sitting Judge but he finally put together some nice at bats last night. I’d like to see him back out there today to see if he is turning the corner.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  3. #10778
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Judge hasn't had an off day that the Yankees played since June 24.

    The lineup is Gardner CF-LeMahieu 1B-Urshela 3B-Gregorius DH-Torres SS-Maybin RF-Tauchman LF-Romine C-Estrada 2B.

    On Thursday, Gregorius became the eleventh Yankee to hit 10 home runs. Last year, the Yankees became the first team to have 12 players hit double-digit home runs. If Encarnacion (9 for the Yankees) and Maybin (8) do it, we could be the first team to have 13 players hit double-digit home runs. Minnesota also have 11 players with double-digits, but their twelfth most is 4 and their thirteenth most is 3. Toronto also has 11 players with double-digits, and they could have 13 players do that. Billy McKinney has 9, and Bo Bichette has 4 in 18 games.

  4. #10779

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Judge hasn't had an off day that the Yankees played since June 24.

    The lineup is Gardner CF-LeMahieu 1B-Urshela 3B-Gregorius DH-Torres SS-Maybin RF-Tauchman LF-Romine C-Estrada 2B.

    On Thursday, Gregorius became the eleventh Yankee to hit 10 home runs. Last year, the Yankees became the first team to have 12 players hit double-digit home runs. If Encarnacion (9 for the Yankees) and Maybin (8) do it, we could be the first team to have 13 players hit double-digit home runs. Minnesota also have 11 players with double-digits, but their twelfth most is 4 and their thirteenth most is 3. Toronto also has 11 players with double-digits, and they could have 13 players do that. Billy McKinney has 9, and Bo Bichette has 4 in 18 games.
    Good stuff.

  5. #10780
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Good stuff.


    yes it was, wasn't it. Nice job, EvanJ.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  6. #10781
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Judge hasn't had an off day that the Yankees played since June 24.

    The lineup is Gardner CF-LeMahieu 1B-Urshela 3B-Gregorius DH-Torres SS-Maybin RF-Tauchman LF-Romine C-Estrada 2B.

    On Thursday, Gregorius became the eleventh Yankee to hit 10 home runs. Last year, the Yankees became the first team to have 12 players hit double-digit home runs. If Encarnacion (9 for the Yankees) and Maybin (8) do it, we could be the first team to have 13 players hit double-digit home runs. Minnesota also have 11 players with double-digits, but their twelfth most is 4 and their thirteenth most is 3. Toronto also has 11 players with double-digits, and they could have 13 players do that. Billy McKinney has 9, and Bo Bichette has 4 in 18 games.
    Maybe Stanton comes back and has a real hot HR streak.

  7. #10782

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Maybe Stanton comes back and has a real hot HR streak.
    Boy, that would sure complicate things.

    I get it that the Yankees will probably play Stanton in the postseason if he shows anything in September. But Gardner, Judge, Maybin, and Tauchman are the OFers who got you here along with Hicks. How do you not play those guys?

  8. #10783
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Boy, that would sure complicate things.

    I get it that the Yankees will probably play Stanton in the postseason if he shows anything in September. But Gardner, Judge, Maybin, and Tauchman are the OFers who got you here along with Hicks. How do you not play those guys?
    I would file that under “good problem to have” although highly unlikely. I think if Stanton comes back at all, he’s going to struggle until he gets his timing back. So the more likely problem for Boone/KiTH is going to be deciding whether to roll the dice and hope Stanton turns it around in the postseason, or benching him in favor of one of those other guys. That’s going to be a tough decision. However I’m still of the belief that we will not see Stanton again this season.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  9. #10784
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Our five best pitchers with ERAs under 3.00 are Ottavino, Hale, Britton, Kahnle, and Chapman, and they have a combined ERA of 2.37. Our other 19 pitchers (including Romine and Ford) have ERAs of 3.96 (by German) or higher, and they have a combined ERA of 5.04.

    Edit: The Yankees scored consecutive runs (one yesterday and one today) on singles plus fielding errors by outfielders. I don't have a way of finding out, but it must be rare to score consecutive runs that way. Cleveland had 3 errors by outfielders in 7 innings. It's possible to not have 3 errors by outfielders in 7 weeks. The Yankees have 8 errors by outfielders, and they're playing their 125th game. In the Yankees' last 46 games before today, they have 2 errors by outfielders.
    Last edited by EvanJ; 08-17-19 at 02:41 PM.

  10. #10785
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Yankees have 11 players in double digit homers. Edwin has 9, Maybin has 8. Has the team ever had 13 in double figures?
    Let the kids play.

  11. #10786
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Yankees have 11 players in double digit homers. Edwin has 9, Maybin has 8. Has the team ever had 13 in double figures?
    The record is 12 by us last year. Toronto has a bad record, but they could beat us to it. They have 11 in double figures, Billy McKinney with 9, and Bo Bichette with 4 in 18 games. Toronto, Minnesota, and us all have 11 in double figures. Minnesota doesn't have anybody not in double figures with more than 4.

    Edit: It must be unusual for a team to have four players move positions at the same time. Gardner was ejected, Ford played first and took the second spot in the lineup (and just singled), LeMahieu moved from first to second, Estrada moved from second to right, Maybin moved from right to left, and Tauchman moved from left to center.

  12. #10787
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    The record is 12 by us last year. Toronto has a bad record, but they could beat us to it. They have 11 in double figures, Billy McKinney with 9, and Bo Bichette with 4 in 18 games. Toronto, Minnesota, and us all have 11 in double figures. Minnesota doesn't have anybody not in double figures with more than 4.
    Cool! Something else to follow down the stretch.
    Let the kids play.

  13. #10788
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    I wonder if CC getting tossed from today's game affects his status tomorrow.

    e: two narratives I see developing from today's game are the HP ump with the quick hook and Gardner's bizarre behavior.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  14. #10789
    God Bless the Scooter NYYFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Chapman doe so much better with regular work.
    "Show me what you got!" Big head from "Rick and Morty"

  15. #10790
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Someone needs to tell Gardner to quit with the stupid banging of the bat on the dugout thing.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  16. #10791

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Someone needs to tell Gardner to quit with the stupid banging of the bat on the dugout thing.
    Wonder what Hal things about Gardy putting dents in his stadium.
    Supports: smart spending, roster flexibility and depth. Does not support: reckless spending and extreme prospect hugging.

  17. #10792
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    The 2002-04 Yankees accomplished the extremely rare 100 win threepeat but failed to get to the WS each time. Imagine if they’d had Jake Westbrook’s 2004 season with them instead of with the Indians. Chances are much better that they would have beaten the Red Sox and would have advanced to the WS. Same can be said of Ian Kennedy’s 2011
    Then there's a good chance they don't win the 2000 World Series to round out the dynasty, because Westbrook netted them David Justice who was the defibrillator paddles on their dying offense that year. I've always considered that one of Cashman's better moves, regardless of Westbrook's career.

    Was Kennedy's 2011 more valuable than Curtis Granderson's league-leading 136 runs, league-leading 119 RBI and 142 OPS+? Because that's what you'd have to give up. Not sure on that one.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  18. #10793

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Someone needs to tell Gardner to quit with the stupid banging of the bat on the dugout thing.
    Not hurting anyone

  19. #10794

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    If DJL was a presidential candidate for 2020, would you vote for him?

    I mean, Im sure he would always come through when we most needed him to.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  20. #10795
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apex, NC

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Not hurting anyone
    Seriously, this. He’s not hurting anyone, not crushing water coolers or breaking anything, not screaming obscenities in front of kids, and yet this is some sort of huge problem? The real issue today was the umpshow, not Gardner.

  21. #10796
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyarm07 View Post
    Seriously, this. He’s not hurting anyone, not crushing water coolers or breaking anything, not screaming obscenities in front of kids, and yet this is some sort of huge problem? The real issue today was the umpshow, not Gardner.
    He's showing up the umpires, and from here on out, every time he does it, he'll get tossed.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  22. #10797
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apex, NC

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    He's showing up the umpires, and from here on out, every time he does it, he'll get tossed.
    Which is wrong. There’s no rule against making noise in the dugout. This just shows how thin-skinned the umps are. MLB needs to focus on the problem, which isn’t Gardner, it’s the officials they’re putting on the field.

  23. #10798
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyarm07 View Post
    Which is wrong. There’s no rule against making noise in the dugout. This just shows how thin-skinned the umps are. MLB needs to focus on the problem, which isn’t Gardner, it’s the officials they’re putting on the field.
    And until MLB does that, every time Brett whacks the roof he's going to get tossed, so stop doing it.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  24. #10799
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Apex, NC

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    And until MLB does that, every time Brett whacks the roof he's going to get tossed, so stop doing it.
    Or maybe just go down the tunnel and bang the roof there. Either way it’s a BS ejection, there’s ZERO accountability for umps, and next time the whole team oughta bang on the dugout roof...let’s see what happens then, is MLB going to institute a rule against showing emotions? I thought we were letting the kids play?

  25. #10800
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyarm07 View Post
    Which is wrong. There’s no rule against making noise in the dugout. This just shows how thin-skinned the umps are. MLB needs to focus on the problem, which isn’t Gardner, it’s the officials they’re putting on the field.
    No, that's not right at all. If the umpires determine the distraction coming from the dugout is to protest a call, they have the right to restore order.

    Gardner's protest, however just, was misapplied.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts