+ Reply to Thread

Hey all, RAB comment section refugee here.

Thanks for having me. I'm a life-long Yankees fan. I was pretty young for the late 70's/early 80's teams, so I'm not sweating this current WS drought... much. I suffered through much of the previous one AND the strike, so I know it could be worse.

I'm fortunate enough to live in the Pacfic Northwest, but that leaves me woefully short of other Yankees fans to discuss baseball with. At one point I migrated from Pinstripe Alley (ugh,) to River Avenue Blues (yay!... then ugh,) until the comment section there became a cesspool and the owners shut it down. I'm not a Twit(terer,) I'm old-school when it comes to social media, so a message board like this is right up my alley.

I can't seem to find a way to add an avatar though... what am I missing? I adjusted everything else in my profile, so I looked where I thought it should be, lol.

Also, (I PMed this to someone before my registration was approved, but because I wasn't approved I'm not sure it made it where it was supposed to go,) the registration form's "random question" still thinks Joe Griardi is the manager.

Re: Hey all, RAB comment section refugee here.

Welcome. Not sure but you may need to post 25 times or so to be able to pick an AV. The questions should have been fixed by now....I'll look into it.
    Let the kids play.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Welcome. You will have a good time here.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Bond View Post
    Thanks for having me. I'm a life-long Yankees fan. I was pretty young for the late 70's/early 80's teams, so I'm not sweating this current WS drought... much. I suffered through much of the previous one AND the strike, so I know it could be worse.

I'm fortunate enough to live in the Pacfic Northwest, but that leaves me woefully short of other Yankees fans to discuss baseball with. At one point I migrated from Pinstripe Alley (ugh,) to River Avenue Blues (yay!... then ugh,) until the comment section there became a cesspool and the owners shut it down. I'm not a Twit(terer,) I'm old-school when it comes to social media, so a message board like this is right up my alley.

I can't seem to find a way to add an avatar though... what am I missing? I adjusted everything else in my profile, so I looked where I thought it should be, lol.

Also, (I PMed this to someone before my registration was approved, but because I wasn't approved I'm not sure it made it where it was supposed to go,) the registration form's "random question" still thinks Joe Griardi is the manager.
    Hello there..
    another refugee

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Mhor View Post
    Hello there..
    another refugee
    We're all refugees. I'm not even sure what the original site name was back in the late 90s. Yankees.com is a possibility...run by Dom Fantana. When that went kaput we found asylum at Bronx-Bombers.com until MLB took the name away and we slid into the new name we have now. For a few days a bunch of us were hanging out in space trying to find one another, and one by one we landed here, thanks to Jim F. who welcomed us into his new home, which was originally built for a smaller circle of online friends. How long this site lasts is anybody's guess, but we're in year 20 now.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Mhor View Post
    Hello there..
    another refugee

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Welcome. You will have a good time here.

Lol, I hope so... People just don't get it... in a 12 team 23 round h2h (MANY) category fantasy league I joined that heavily favors relievers and a few aces, I managed to pick up Severino IN THE 10th ROUND!!!! Can you believe that!?!

I got Nola 1st and Clevinger 2nd for SP's. Then I got Sevy w/ with the 120th pick, the last pick of the 10th round. His ADP was 69th, I think, (no joke intended.) I can, of course, drop him onto the IL as soon as he's eligible and replace him, lol... I'm gonna own that league. Can't believe a Sevy-less month would scare so many off... people just don't get it.

Insanity...

The league was mostly populated by Redditors... I mean, Reddit has its uses, but obviously baseball knowledge isn't one of them.

Anyway, glad to have found a decent landing spot. Thanks for the welcome vibes and the sense of security,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    We're all refugees. I'm not even sure what the original site name was back in the late 90s. Yankees.com is a possibility...run by Dom Fantana. When that went kaput we found asylum at Bronx-Bombers.com until MLB took the name away and we slid into the new name we have now. For a few days a bunch of us were hanging out in space trying to find one another, and one by one we landed here, thanks to Jim F. who welcomed us into his new home, which was originally built for a smaller circle of online friends. How long this site lasts is anybody's guess, but we're in year 20 now.

(__) (that's reaching for a hug!)

Thanks for helping to keep a true roots Yankee community together. I like your community guidelines generally... But curious, what is the "Sports Bar," (the "less moderated area,") now, or is that gone?

I don't intend to be an ash-hole, (sorry,) but I grew up in NY, w/vulgarity...It's part of my lexicon.

(__) (that's reaching for a hug!)

Thanks for helping to keep a true roots Yankee community together. I like your community guidelines generally... But curious, what is the "Sports Bar," (the "less moderated area,") now, or is that gone?

I don't intend to be an ash-hole, (sorry,) but I grew up in NY, w/vulgarity...It's part of my lexicon.
    The Sports Bar is one of four Community Forums. The beat patrol in there is light but it's still moderated. There has always been youngsters on this site so we don't allow the vulgarity, and there are additional rules posted for the gamethreads as well. It may all seem a little stringent but since we're just about the only forum left standing after 20 years it must be working.
    Let the kids play.

No idea why this happened...the questions are all up do date. If anyone else ran into this problem registering in the last couple of months please post here.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Bub...
    The two people you helped me with recently both had this issue.
    The Good News: The rested Yankees will be ready for the Pennant Race that resting the Yankees will create!

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Bub...
    The two people you helped me with recently both had this issue.
    Thanks. We’ll try to find out why the update isn’t working.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information