+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: 2019 Brain Cashman Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    JA Happ wasn't going to return to the Yankees for just one season. I think he wanted three years but Cashman stuck to his guns, but gave Happ $17M per season which is a lot of cash.
    Maybe. It would be perfect if it's 2 years. Look at the option. I think the vested option for the 3rd year is 34 starts or 165 innings. The only year he didn't do the 165 innings was when he got hurt in TOR. If he doesn't get hurt - he is coming back for 3 years. I did look at projections (it's me) and this year is less than 165 IP so you may be right (2 years). Brian didn't stick to his guns and had to compromise with the vested option because WAS signed Corbin (that screwed us to sign Happ as replacement for not getting Corbin). Some say Paxton replaced Corbin , some say risk of injury, some same it was the 6th year but I wanted both!!!! I do like Happ in the back but worry because his FB is around 91.

2021. Tanaka contract ends, Paxton is FA, and for you Happ is gone. We need Cole to replace Tanaka the following year. Next year 2020 - Cole (30M), Sevy (10M), Tanaka (one year), Paxton (one year) and maybe Happ (one year) I like this rotation and we have Cole replacing Tanaka the following year. (Corbin could replace Paxton) Corbin was my top target last year and Cole this next year. I am sure Brian and his analytics got a better plan.
    Last edited by bucky; 04-18-19 at 01:17 PM. Reason: look at steamers

Much has been said that last night's game against the Red Sox, Happ pitched good even though he left trailing 3-1 after six innings. Unless Happ shows management that he can chew up innings and pitch respectively for the next two seasons, Cashman might limit his innings next season to avoid triggering the third season option.

NYYF Triple Crown

I just saw Tanaka is to pitch tomorrow and not Gio Gonzalez. Why not Gio and give Tanaka a day rest with our schedule? Gio was to the fill in for Sevy and now it's delayed so we need Gio more than ever. It is/was a good deal. So Gio will opt out if not on roster tomorrow and Brian will be force to make a trade or spend for Keuchel. I am not smart enough for this because Brian is too smart. What I think should happen never does.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I just saw Tanaka is to pitch tomorrow and not Gio Gonzalez. Why not Gio and give Tanaka a day rest with our schedule? Gio was to the fill in for Sevy and now it's delayed so we need Gio more than ever. It is/was a good deal. So Gio will opt out if not on roster tomorrow and Brian will be force to make a trade or spend for Keuchel. I am not smart enough for this because Brian is too smart. What I think should happen never does.
    Gio costs money. Hal does not like to spend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Gio costs money. Hal does not like to spend anymore.
    Gio has until tomorrow to opt out of his Yankees contract and join the crosstown rival NY Mets and replace the ineffective Jason Vargas. Gio just left Scott Boris to sign with the agency that used to employ the current Mets GM.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Gio has until tomorrow to opt out of his Yankees contract and join the crosstown rival NY Mets and replace the ineffective Jason Vargas. Gio just left Scott Boris to sign with the agency that used to employ the current Mets GM.
    Gio was to start SWB Friday (ppd) and Mets were to have the scouts there. So SWB has a double hitter today and Gio name is not there (stranger than fiction). But I do feel it's a match for the Mets and I do like that new GM. It's just me venting how this year has gone so far.

thanks

Thread Information