+ Reply to Thread
    Devoted Member

Stubhub Fees Going but ....

Got this email from Yankees & Stubhub today

Spring Training is in full swing and Opening Day is just around the corner! Make sure your unused tickets are listed for sale at StubHub, the Official Partner of your New York Yankees. It's safe, convenient, and you can list your tickets in just a few taps.

On April 1, 2019, StubHub is introducing variable sell fees, in which you may see your fees increase by up to 5%. As a Yankees Season Ticket Licensee, StubHub would like to offer you a guaranteed 10% sell fee for Instant Download/Transfer tickets listed directly through your My Yankees Account. To lock in the 10% sell fee for the 2019 MLB season, all you need to do is click on the below link and complete a short survey, providing the email address linked to your StubHub account. This offer will expire on Thursday, March 21. If you accept this offer by completing the survey, your guaranteed 10% sell fee will be effective Thursday, March 28. Please note this guaranteed sell fee won’t be applied retrospectively to any past sales.

Here is a link to fill out survey to retain 10% for this season - https://stubhub.jebbit.com/5ami4om6?...d+Web&JC=Share

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Stubhub Fees Going but ....

I got as well and filled out survey. Assume no matter how the survey is answered the 10% applies.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post

Spring Training is in full swing and Opening Day is just around the corner! Make sure your unused tickets are listed for sale at StubHub, the Official Partner of your New York Yankees. It's safe, convenient, and you can list your tickets in just a few taps.

On April 1, 2019, StubHub is introducing variable sell fees, in which you may see your fees increase by up to 5%. As a Yankees Season Ticket Licensee, StubHub would like to offer you a guaranteed 10% sell fee for Instant Download/Transfer tickets listed directly through your My Yankees Account. To lock in the 10% sell fee for the 2019 MLB season, all you need to do is click on the below link and complete a short survey, providing the email address linked to your StubHub account. This offer will expire on Thursday, March 21. If you accept this offer by completing the survey, your guaranteed 10% sell fee will be effective Thursday, March 28. Please note this guaranteed sell fee won’t be applied retrospectively to any past sales.

Here is a link to fill out survey to retain 10% for this season - https://stubhub.jebbit.com/5ami4om6?...d+Web&JC=Share

Looks like they are taking a 13% Vig this year off your asking price BUT also adding on 30% for the buyer. That keeps the price of the ticket higher so the buyer might buy directly from the team. Was it that high last year??

Devoted Member

Of course this happens after I already sold three games and they took out 15%.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Why would you pay a higher rate, 15%, if they say in the email this goes into effect April 1?

Forum Regular

Ditto. Argh!

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Why would you pay a higher rate, 15%, if they say in the email this goes into effect April 1?
    Because the three games sold last week. It is not April 1 yet.

The e-mail also says it is not retroactive.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Devoted Member

Because the three games sold last week. It is not April 1 yet.

The e-mail also says it is not retroactive.
    Apparently the increase to 15% started as far back as November. Found this discussion on stubhub

https://stubhub.community/t5/Suggest...-10/td-p/65681

Apparently the increase to 15% started as far back as November. Found this discussion on stubhub

https://stubhub.community/t5/Suggest...-10/td-p/65681

Filled out the survey 4 days ago....had a sale today...got hit with 15%.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    Did you list directly from your Yankee account or did you list directly on Stubhub. The 10% only applies to tickets listed directly from your Yankee account. I also believe that it goes into effect on April 1st.

Did you list directly from your Yankee account or did you list directly on Stubhub. The 10% only applies to tickets listed directly from your Yankee account. I also believe that it goes into effect on April 1st.

I originally listed on SH direct when I had the schedule....added bar codes w/o going to my Yankee account....when I go to my Yankee account it shows tickets for sale on SH so they obviously picked up the bar code entry.....seems kind of bogus to charge higher rate when their system has verified the tix are listed on SH.

NYYF Triple Crown

I originally listed on SH direct when I had the schedule....added bar codes w/o going to my Yankee account....when I go to my Yankee account it shows tickets for sale on SH so they obviously picked up the bar code entry.....seems kind of bogus to charge higher rate when their system has verified the tix are listed on SH.
    still, the 10% sell fee is effective March 28th so if you can wait til then for your next listings thru your Yankees acct that will work.

Devoted Member

It will be a pain in the neck but I believe they will still charge you 15% if you listed directly on SH. If you delete listings and then relist from your Yankee account you should only pay 10% for this year.

I filled out the survey a few days ago ... had a sale today on SH with a 10% commission. My tickets were not listed through My Yankees account. I did have bar codes entered prior to the sale.

The tickets do not need to be listed directly through team but do need to have barcodes predownlowded. I had a conversation with StubHub about this last week regarding my Phillies seasons. They are doing the same thing with every major league team. Also FYI the survey is indentical for both teams.

NYYF Legend

Not March 28th yet.

I filled out the survey a few days ago ... had a sale today on SH with a 10% commission. My tickets were not listed through My Yankees account. I did have bar codes entered prior to the sale.

Not sure how you got 10%

Devoted Member

Not sure how you got 10%
    I also only paid 10%. There are a number of factors that determine the fee you pay but the most significant has to do with the volume of tickets that you sell on Stubhub.

posted a new listing and noticed Stub Hub commission is 5% today so I reposted all my Yankees ticket listings and they all changed from 10% to 5%.

posted a new listing and noticed Stub Hub commission is 5% today so I reposted all my Yankees ticket listings and they all changed from 10% to 5%.

You mean you deleted and re-posted via Yankees Ticket Manager?

Devoted Member

I have had 2 sales in the past two days both at 5%. I did not delete or relist. But I did enter the bar codes manually.

You mean you deleted and re-posted via Yankees Ticket Manager?
    No, not posted via Yankees ticket manager, using Skybox software from Vivid Seats.

Devoted Member

I have had 2 sales in the past two days both at 5%. I did not delete or relist. But I did enter the bar codes manually.
    sale in April. Still at 5%!

Devoted Member

Looks like the offer was extended to April 11

Here is the link for survey - https://stubhub.jebbit.com/5ami4om6?...805-1135782573

Thread Information