+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 505
  1. #301
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    how do we explain Stanton's injury then? Too much extreme lifting?
    Athletes get injured - that is how I explain Stanton's injury.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  2. #302

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Athletes get injured - that is how I explain Stanton's injury.
    what an optimist

  3. #303
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Sad.


  4. #304

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    I am sure Andujar's agent advised
    him to get the surgery now and be 100% healthy before Spring Training 2020. It's an unselfish decision knowing the depth of the team and how difficult it is for Boone to complete the lineup card with his team of riches.

  5. #305
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/05/c...-all-year.html

    And what the hell is keeping Stanton out of action? When they go on the IL and then add another injury, well, where's the brandy?

  6. #306

    Re: Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/05/c...-all-year.html

    And what the hell is keeping Stanton out of action? When they go on the IL and then add another injury, well, where's the brandy?
    as was quoted above when I asked:

    "Athletes get injured - that is how I explain Stanton's injury."

  7. #307
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/05/c...-all-year.html

    And what the hell is keeping Stanton out of action? When they go on the IL and then add another injury, well, where's the brandy?
    Same thing happened to Severino.

  8. #308
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    as was quoted above when I asked:

    "Athletes get injured - that is how I explain Stanton's injury."

    That's an explanation in search of an explanation.


    Of course, athletes get injured. The point at issue is whether these recent injuries are mere contingencies of a sport, or whether there may be a pattern to them BEYOND "athletes-get-injured"

  9. #309

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    I would love to get another update across the board on how close these guys are. The most pressing question is whether Paxton is coming back soon as originally hoped. After that, I'm not sure who's going to be next. It was supposed to be Stanton but I wouldn't bet against Didi at this point.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  10. #310

    Re: Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    That's an explanation in search of an explanation.


    Of course, athletes get injured. The point at issue is whether these recent injuries are mere contingencies of a sport, or whether there may be a pattern to them BEYOND "athletes-get-injured"
    Some might question the effectiveness of the Yankees' trainers, however in the case of Aaron Judge, he overswung on a pitch and did damage to his oblique.

  11. #311
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Some might question the effectiveness of the Yankees' trainers, however in the case of Aaron Judge, he overswung on a pitch and did damage to his oblique.

    Apropos proneness to injuries: some might even question the effectiveness of what sometimes appears to be, in both Judge and Sanchez, a tendency to "overswing" far too often on pitches. Thus leading to far too many Ks in the all-or-nothing-at-all fashion of so much of contemporary baseball.

  12. #312

    Re: Then there is Beltran's gloomy assessment of Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Apropos proneness to injuries: some might even question the effectiveness of what sometimes appears to be, in both Judge and Sanchez, a tendency to "overswing" far too often on pitches. Thus leading to far too many Ks in the all-or-nothing-at-all fashion of so much of contemporary baseball.
    I'm not a swing expert but I would sooner accuse Sanchez, Andujar, and Gleyber Torres of "overswinging" than Judge.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  13. #313

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Sounds like good news on Didi: He'll be playing Monday in extended Spring Training.

    https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...65795309981696
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  14. #314
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Also good news on Stanton:

  15. #315
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Stanton is on the comeback. Nice.

    Didi is too. Nice.

    Next is Judge.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  16. #316

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Stanton is on the comeback. Nice.

    Didi is too. Nice.

    Next is Judge.
    Can Cashman buy out Ellsbury's contract like the Jays did to Tulo?

  17. #317
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Can Cashman buy out Ellsbury's contract like the Jays did to Tulo?

    I am sure they are collecting insurance money and he is fine where he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

  18. #318
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Can Cashman buy out Ellsbury's contract like the Jays did to Tulo?
    There is no need to when insurance is paying part.
    But the Blue Jays payed all of the money owed to Tulo, he was released.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  19. #319

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    There is no need to when insurance is paying part.
    But the Blue Jays payed all of the money owed to Tulo, he was released.
    I wonder what percentage of his $21M annual salary the insurer is paying.

  20. #320
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Can Cashman buy out Ellsbury's contract like the Jays did to Tulo?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    I am sure they are collecting insurance money and he is fine where he is.
    The insurance is why they’ll never cut him. He’s a sunk cost as far as the tax limit is so cutting him doesn’t change that. But keeping him gets you 75% of the cash back.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  21. #321
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread


  22. #322
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Can Cashman buy out Ellsbury's contract like the Jays did to Tulo?
    Toronto didn't buy out Tulo's contract - they simply DFA'd him, knowing that they would be on the hook for his remaining salary.

    And Cashman could DFA Ellsbury any time he wants to - as was pointed out, the Yankees are collecting insurance, so why bother.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  23. #323

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Erik Boland-

    Judge in Yankees bullpen taking some dry swings. Not very aggressive but swinging nonetheless

  24. #324
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread


  25. #325
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: 2019 Health/Injury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Was surprised they were going to have him play three straight days already.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts