+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Yeah, even if it were presented that way, it's an absurd reversal at the end of an epic series.
    I didn't see it as a reversal. The Tarlys, Meereen, the Lannisters...she's been at the precipice of insanity for a while now, and has shown a penchant to burn up those who disagree with her, or stand in her way.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    It would have been twenty 45-55 min episodes or what we got in the last 6 episodes which were all around 80+ minutes. Would have been the same, and I enjoyed having almost 1.5 hours.
    You can't tell me these last two seasons, and especially S8 didn't feel rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I didn't see it as a reversal. The Tarlys, Meereen, the Lannisters...she's been at the precipice of insanity for a while now, and has shown a penchant to burn up those who disagree with her, or stand in her way.
    Exactly. They probably assumed fans remembered everything she's been through giving her a reason why. I suppose that didn't go well. It's the "why" people are after.

#letitbefear

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    You can't tell me these last two seasons, and especially S8 didn't feel rushed.
    I think a lot of details that we were used to got taken out. Things happened with little context. In the past decisions were made and actions were taken and even if you didn't agree, you knew why the character made the choice. There was a bunch of plot armor for many characters as well. My biggest criticism is that if you need that much plot armor find another way, quit putting them in positions where you need it.

I enjoyed it overall. I don't think it was as bad as most people feel it was. I did not sign that petition, even though it ain't doing anything.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    D&D choosing to do 13 final episodes instead of 20 will go down as one of the worst choices in television.
    It would have been twenty 45-55 min episodes or what we got in the last 6 episodes which were all around 80+ minutes. Would have been the same, and I enjoyed having almost 1.5 hours.
    The pacing was wrong. More, shorter, episodes could have helped with this.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Yeah, I totally disagree with that. Up until that comically bad scene, Dany was ALWAYS incredibly self-analytical and self-aware of her actions. She never exhibited madness or any tinge of instability, much less that she would turn everything she stood for on its head at the pinnacle of her achievements. There was no successive buildup that would make her actions plausible. Being harsh against her betrayers or enemies is a long leap to being unhinged and suddenly a genocidal maniac feasting on the blood of innocent women and children.

I challnege anyone to reconcile that. And that's not even bringing into the conversation the Dany of the source material. Epic fail by the D&D showrunners.

Exactly. They probably assumed fans remembered everything she's been through giving her a reason why. I suppose that didn't go well. It's the "why" people are after.
    Huh? I remember everything. That's why it was such a farce.

You’re not taking into account what she’s lost on top of the punishments she has handed out. She lost Drogo and her baby. She lost Jorah. Messandei got executed in front of her. Jon betrayed her trust. Because of Tyrion she lost a good portion of the Dothraki and Unsullied. She lost a dragon saving Jon and the Suicide Squad. She lost another dragon on her way to Dragonstone before the battle.

She started with the best of intentions and used her power and following and dragons to advance her cause in a way that we accepted, and deserving punishments when necessary. But it started with The Tarlys. No need for that. Put them in a cell as Tyrion said. Her descent into darkness was a story being told trough loss and betrayal. And when she realized that even if she won the battle, Jon was the one people loved. Even though she came to the north for the Great War and lost so much because of it. That’s why she said “let it be fear”. She was trying to tell everyone to not eff with her.

Do I agree with her actions? No. But I do understand the why. And that was really my point. You sound like you need a “why”.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Thread Information