+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 206
  1. #26

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    All the mentions of the crypt has me thinking some stuff will go down there. I would absolutely love it if the NK resurrected some dead Starks.

  2. #27
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppingtags View Post
    All the mentions of the crypt has me thinking some stuff will go down there. I would absolutely love it if the NK resurrected some dead Starks.
    I am certain that some point of fighting next week will take part in the crypts.

    Not sure if the dead will be resurrected however.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  3. #28
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Appreciated the war room scene. Often these can be long, and tidious. This nailed the clear aspects of the battle to come.

    Bran’s explanation of the NK’s aim was the first time we’ve had his goal outlined with any clarity.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  4. #29

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    I can't watch Maisie Williams (Arya) without seeing Al Leiter's face.

  5. #30
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Appreciated the war room scene. Often these can be long, and tidious. This nailed the clear aspects of the battle to come.

    Bran’s explanation of the NK’s aim was the first time we’ve had his goal outlined with any clarity.
    Best episode since Hardhome IMO.

    Bran's 2 minute explanation for his being there was more concise and clear than 600 pages of his chapters over 5 books.

  6. #31
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    That was such an amazing episode. Brienne becoming a Knight was awesome. The war room scene was definitely cool, but my favorite was when all the characters (not named Jon or Dany) were sitting around a fire. This is the last time we will see all those amazing characters together, and most of them even alive. It was poetic in a way.

    And now we know what the NK wants. There is a clear goal now for him and it's Bran. Only problem is I don't think he's at Winterfell.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  7. #32
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    This is hilarious.

    https://imgur.com/a/Qhq2Cu6

  8. #33
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    That was such an amazing episode. Brienne becoming a Knight was awesome. The war room scene was definitely cool, but my favorite was when all the characters (not named Jon or Dany) were sitting around a fire. This is the last time we will see all those amazing characters together, and most of them even alive. It was poetic in a way.

    And now we know what the NK wants. There is a clear goal now for him and it's Bran. Only problem is I don't think he's at Winterfell.
    That was a great scene, especially when Brianne was knighted. I bet the entire scene was bittersweet for all involved as it will be the last time most of them will be together.

    Regarding the bolded, I'm torn on that. On one hand, it makes perfect sense for him to not be there considering pretty much every major battle so far has included some sort of deception. But I also think he pretty much has to be there, if not to raise the dead in the crypts then to protect his army. Nothing will stop Jon and Dany from just riding the dragons and wiping out the entire army including white walkers if he's not there to defend them.

  9. #34
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    That was a great scene, especially when Brianne was knighted. I bet the entire scene was bittersweet for all involved as it will be the last time most of them will be together.

    Regarding the bolded, I'm torn on that. On one hand, it makes perfect sense for him to not be there considering pretty much every major battle so far has included some sort of deception. But I also think he pretty much has to be there, if not to raise the dead in the crypts then to protect his army. Nothing will stop Jon and Dany from just riding the dragons and wiping out the entire army including white walkers if he's not there to defend them.
    There's a case to be made for that. However, while his army is occupying the only people in Westeros who care about fighting for the living, why not head up to Kings Landing and burn it to the ground? Take care of the army waiting up there only to add to his? Also, he'd be up against 2 dragons in Winterfell that are currently waiting for him, putting himself at risk.

    This is just a dumb theory of mine, and I've seen versions of it mentioned, but it makes strategic sense to me. Keep everyone busy while he goes to destroy those who are sitting back. No one in Kings Landing will be prepared for it, or be able to defend themselves. And he'd just keep adding numbers.

    You're probably right though. The crypts are going to be at play here. So I'm probably off.

    Oh, btw... Ghost had about 2 minutes of screen time last night. They are really dropping the ball on this. Ghost should be with Jon a lot more than he has been. It's like he's nothing but an afterthought. No one even mentions him. Sad.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Disclaimer: I totally stole this from another site.

    Alive or Dead when the final credits roll:

    Jon Snow:
    Sansa Stark :
    Ayra Stark:
    Tyrion:
    Denarys:
    Sam:
    Cersei:
    Jaime Lanister:
    Davos:
    Theon Grayjoy:
    Varys:
    Gendry:
    Bronn:
    Jorah Mormont:
    Euron Greyjoy:
    Yara Greyjoy:
    Podrick:
    Ser Brienne of Tarth:
    Night King:
    Melisandre:
    The Hound:
    Bran Stark:
    Missandei:

    Who get the Throne:
    In "Kids in the Hall" I trust

  11. #36

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    I’ll have to look at it in more detail later but the sooner the Greyjoys die, the better.

  12. #37
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    *sigh* hard one to predict but I’ll take a crack at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Disclaimer: I totally stole this from another site.

    Alive or Dead when the final credits roll:

    Jon Snow: Dead
    Sansa Stark : could go either way: 50/50, okay, Dead
    Ayra Stark: Alive
    Tyrion: Alive
    Denarys: Dead
    Sam: Alive
    Cersei: Very Dead
    Jaime Lannister: Dead, saving someone’s life
    Davos: Alive
    Theon Greyjoy: Screw this traitor, Dead
    Varys: Alive
    Gendry: Alive
    Bronn: Hmm...Dead, but he’s clever and could pull a last minute warning to Tyrion and come out alive, but also loves gold and riches more since he’s a mercenary. Okay, Dead.
    Jorah Mormont: Dead, sacrificing for Khaleesi until his last breath
    Euron Greyjoy: Dead
    Yara Greyjoy: Alive
    Podrick: Alive
    Sir Brienne of Tarth: it hurts to say...Dead
    Night King: Dead
    Melisandre: Alive
    The Hound: Alive
    Bran Stark: Dead
    Missandei: Alive

    Who get the Throne: Tyrion

  13. #38

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Based on nothing, I feel like we will be rewarded for the journey, despite the previous propensity to kill anyone. So, no Cersei or Night King on the throne. I’ll say Tyrion or Arya.

    A lot of those names are dying next week, however. Longest battle scene ever, including movies? I’ll bet on quantity over quality. Brienne, Pod, Tormund, Greyworm, Jorah, Davos all dead. If Bronn dies, it had better be in some “Hell yeah” fashion.

    Red Witch is still out there? Hmmm. And is Stannis “dead” dead or presumed dead based on his last appearance?

  14. #39
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Since the very beginning of the show Tyrion has always been my bet for the Iron Throne.

    Smart, clever, intelligent and cunning.

    EDIT: Father of the century, Stannis could be a wild card. We’ve never seen him anywhere, not even on premieres lol

  15. #40

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Of course, Twitter is always gold during and after GoT. One of my favorites was (more chuckle than die laughing):

    Gendry: Soooo.......can I call you some time?

    Arya: A girl has no number.

  16. #41
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Of course, Twitter is always gold during and after GoT. One of my favorites was (more chuckle than die laughing):

    Gendry: Soooo.......can I call you some time?

    Arya: A girl has no number.
    that’s awesome
    One of the funniest ones I saw was

    Jamie: "sup Bran, you need a push?"
    Bran: "I could use a hand"
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    There's a case to be made for that. However, while his army is occupying the only people in Westeros who care about fighting for the living, why not head up to Kings Landing and burn it to the ground? Take care of the army waiting up there only to add to his? Also, he'd be up against 2 dragons in Winterfell that are currently waiting for him, putting himself at risk.

    This is just a dumb theory of mine, and I've seen versions of it mentioned, but it makes strategic sense to me. Keep everyone busy while he goes to destroy those who are sitting back. No one in Kings Landing will be prepared for it, or be able to defend themselves. And he'd just keep adding numbers.

    You're probably right though. The crypts are going to be at play here. So I'm probably off.

    Oh, btw... Ghost had about 2 minutes of screen time last night. They are really dropping the ball on this. Ghost should be with Jon a lot more than he has been. It's like he's nothing but an afterthought. No one even mentions him. Sad.
    The only reason why I think the NK will show up is because I think the danger in the crypts will be the reanimated corpses. If that danger turns up being the NK's army sneaking in through the crypts I would definitely expect the NK to stay away and go attack King's Landing. Like you said Cersei is waiting for the war in the North to play out and isn't expecting anything right now. I could see the NK taking out Qyburn's weapons first and then just annihilating everything else. We have seen several prophecies of King's Landings in ruins and covered in ash or snow.

    I'm hoping we see a lot more of Ghost in the battle and I would like to see Nymeria at some point too.

  18. #43
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    that’s awesome
    One of the funniest ones I saw was

    Jamie: "sup Bran, you need a push?"
    Bran: "I could use a hand"
    Favorite one I saw:

    "What do dragons eat?"
    "Ghost's budget."

  19. #44
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  20. #45
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Maisie Williams age was a trending google search Sunday night.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...sie%20Williams

  21. #46
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Maisie Williams age was a trending google search Sunday night.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...sie%20Williams
    probably a bunch of dudes wondering if they were actually her boobs.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Maisie Williams age was a trending google search Sunday night.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...sie%20Williams
    With an assist from Sophie Turner’s Instagram

  23. #48
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    From reddit....


  24. #49
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    From reddit....
    Doesn't seem to include any dragons.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  25. #50
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: Game of Thrones: Final Season

    What the heck did I just watched!? WOW...it felt like it’s never gonna end...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts