+ Reply to Thread

2019 Oakland Raiders

Still looking for a home in 2019 but the new Vegas Stadium in 2020 should be sweet.
    'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Re: 2019 Oakland Raiders

Of course the Raiders would trade a 3rd and 5th round pick for Brown and then give him a new contract. The dumpster fire continues under Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Of course the Raiders would trade a 3rd and 5th round pick for Brown and then give him a new contract. The dumpster fire continues under Gruden.
    They traded Cooper, a third and a 5th for Brown and a 1st rounder. That is a steal for the Raiders. Brown is arguably the best receiver in football. His contact is on par with Sammy Watkins who is no Brown.

Spring ahead!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    They traded Cooper, a third and a 5th for Brown and a 1st rounder. That is a steal for the Raiders. Brown is arguably the best receiver in football. His contact is on par with Sammy Watkins who is no Brown.

Spring ahead!!
    What is Gruden doing rebuilding or just retooling. Based on those 16 games I watched last season through my Sunday Ticket, it needs to be the former which doesn't jive with this trade especially for a 31 year old receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    What is Gruden doing rebuilding or just retooling. Based on those 16 games I watched last season through my Sunday Ticket, it needs to be the former which doesn't jive with this trade especially for a 31 year old receiver.
    Brown had 15 TDs and over 1000 yards and not slowing down. Raiders needed a #1 receiver. They will rebuild with 3 #1s mostly going for defense. Brown in only on a 3 year deal with two guaranteed. The key to the deal was no number 1s or their #2 was given up. Getting Brown for a 3 and a 5 is insane. They just traded their guard to the jets and saved another 10 million of CAP space and swapped their 6th for a 5...

NYYF Legend

Brown had 15 TDs and over 1000 yards and not slowing down. Raiders needed a #1 receiver. They will rebuild with 3 #1s mostly going for defense. Brown in only on a 3 year deal with two guaranteed. The key to the deal was no number 1s or their #2 was given up. Getting Brown for a 3 and a 5 is insane. They just traded their guard to the jets and saved another 10 million of CAP space and swapped their 6th for a 5...
    There is reason why the Steelers could only get 3rd and 5th. He's very high maintenance so good luck if Carr wouldn't be able to give him the ball and the Raiders are not winning.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    There is reason why the Steelers could only get 3rd and 5th. He's very high maintenance so good luck if Carr wouldn't be able to give him the ball and the Raiders are not winning.
    he was high maintenance at the end of year 9 when Ben went on his radio show and threw him under the bus. No real issues prior to that I'm aware .

NYYF Legend

he was high maintenance at the end of year 9 when Ben went on his radio show and threw him under the bus. No real issues prior to that I'm aware .
    To echo kan_t's point, it will be interesting to see what he's like if the Raiders are 2-5 and Carr targets him 3 times in a game. He's got talent for sure and if he's motivated he should help the Raiders but I'd be worried about one of the top receivers in the league already on a very large deal forcing his way out of Pitt, but only to a team of his choosing, saying he doesn't really need football money but oh by the way he wants more than what he current deal is. Now that he has his more guaranteed money, will he show up and perform?

That said I think the Raiders gave stupid money to the tackle. Raider fans need to hope that Gruden and Co hit 3 defensive home runs in the 1st round of the draft because their defense is still horrific.

NYYF Legend

Then he totally lost him mind and threw everyone under the bus and decided to quit the team in last game of the season. Didn't pick up call from the owner and called the Steelers not a family because the owner had never visit his home and told everyone that he only play football at his own terms.

I've been a Raiders and Giants fan since I was a kid going back to before the NFL/AFL merger. Both of my teams are dumpster fires. I don't know what Gruden is doing while the Giants didn't know what they were doing last year, but apparently have now settled on a rebuild.

Thread Information