+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Re: 2019 NCAA Division I College Football Season Thread (FBS and FCS)

It's a tie game after the first quarter, 7-7.

Clemson drew first blood with Trevor Lawrence pounding in a one-yard touchdown run before LSU replied with Joe Burrow throwing a 52-yard bomb to Ja'Marr Chase.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Halftime in New Orleans, LA

The Louisiana State Tigers lead the Clemson Tigers 28-17.

Dabo Swinney and the #3 team in the nation went on a 10-0 run to take a 17-7 lead with 10:39 left in the second quarter.

B.T. Potter booted a 52-yard field goal and Clemson went into the bag of tricks as Tee Higgins scored on a 36-yard touchdown run on a reverse.

But Ed Orgeron's LSU Tigers scored 21 unanswered points to take a 28-17 lead at halftime thanks to Joe Burrow.

Burrow plowed his way into the end zone with a three-yard touchdown run and the LSU QB threw two touchdowns in the quarter as Ja'Marr Chase hauled in his second touchdown of the game from 14 yards out and Randy Moss is a happy man when his son Thaddeus hauled in a touchdown from six yards.

Burrow completed 16 of 28 passes for 270 yards and three touchdowns and leads LSU in rushing with 55 yards and a major.

LSU has the edge in yards 359-286 as they will get the ball to start the second half.

However, Burrow and Grant Delpit were banged up at the end of the first half.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I see the Tigers taking tonight's game.
    Good call
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

15 minutes away from LSU winning their fourth FBS National Championship as they lead Clemson, 35-25.

Travis Etienne helped Clemson draw first blood in the third quarter with a three-yard touchdown run and had the two-point conversion.

However, LSU QB Joe Burrow threw his fourth touchdown pass of the game to Thaddeus Moss to make it a 10-point lead.

Burrow's fourth touchdown pass to Moss saw the LSU QB pass Hawaii Rainbow Warriors QB Colt Brennan for the most touchdown passes in a single season with 59.

Clemson LB James Skalski was ejected for targeting.

The FBS National Championship title is heading to Baton Rouge!

Ed Orgeron and the #1 ranked Louisiana State Tigers ended Dabo Swinney and the #3 ranked Clemson Tigers' 29-game FBS winning streak with a 42-25 victory to win their first national championship title since 2007 and their fourth overall.

It is also LSU's third national championship crown clincher inside New Orleans, LA's Mercedes-Benz Louisiana Superdome.

Future #1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, LSU QB Joe Burrow ended his college career in grand style grabbing the CFP National Championship Game MVP after completing 31 of 49 passes for 463 yards and five touchdowns and added 58 yards and a score on the ground. Burrow completed his 2019 season with 60 touchdown passes, the most in a single season in FBS history.

Ja'Marr Chase did most of the damage after catching nine balls for 221 yards and two touchdowns. Thaddeus Moss, Randy Moss' son, also had two touchdown grabs.

The LSU defense frustrated Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne and the Clemson offense. Lawrence completed 18 of 37 passes for 234 yards and had a touchdown run, but was sacked twice and lost a fumble.

Etienne had 114 total scrimmage yards and a touchdown run, but the Clemson offense went 1/11 on third-down conversions.

Brent Venables' defense allowed 628 yards and four red zone touchdowns.

Burrow got the offensive MVP. LSU LB Patrick Queen took home defensive MVP.

LSU finished their season at 15-0 overall while Clemson finished their 2019 season at 14-1 overall.

NYYF Legend

I'd just like to point out that I was a perfect 1 for 1, picking college football games this season.

Kudos to the Great Predictor! (me)
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I'd just like to point out that I was a perfect 1 for 1, picking college football games this season.

Kudos to the Great Predictor! (me)
    You are now my Official fredgmuggs College Football Prognosticator. Accept no substitutes.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Clemson LB James Skalski was ejected for targeting.
    Karma.

Eff Clemson, they shouldn't even have been there. Glad the Tigers won.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

BB55's Three Studs and Three Duds - 2019-20 NCAA Football Bowl Season and Final Word

Three Studs
    1. Louisiana State Tigers head coach Ed Orgeron
    Why? Coach O really proved that he can be a head coach in FBS college football after seeing the LSU Tigers shattered offensive records led by Joe Burrow and a defense that got better in the College Football Playoff run.

Not bad for a coach who was on the hot seat when LSU lost to the Troy Trojans in 2017.

2. Southeastern Conference
    Why? The SEC completed their second National Championship and Bowl Challene Cup double in the last five years (2015-16 and 2019-20) after going 8-2 in their 10 bowl games.

3. Oregon Ducks
    Why? What a finish for Mario Cristobal and the Oregon Ducks in 2019. The Ducks went 11-2 overall including demolishing the Utah Utes in the Pacific-12 Conference Championship Game and outlasting Big Ten Conference runner-up Wisconsin Badgers in the 2020 Rose Bowl Game in the game of this year's bowl season.

The Ducks will miss Justin Herbert, but a Rose Bowl win will give Oregon some more confidence and momentum heading into the 2020 campaign.

Three Duds
    1. Big XII Conference
    Why? Only the Texas Longhorns' victory in the Valero Alamo Bowl saved the Big XII from going emptyhanded in their 2019-20 Bowl Season.
    LSU creamed the Oklahoma Sooners in one semifinal. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish neutralized the Iowa State Cyclones. The Kansas State Wildcats had the Liberty Bowl slipped through their fingers against the Navy Midshipmen. And the Baylor Bears had a double whammy when the Georgia Bulldogs beat them in the Sugar Bowl and saw their head coach Matt Rhule left for the NFL.

2. Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh
    Why? The hot seat is the sun in Ann Arbor as Jim Harbaugh and Michigan lost their last four bowl games including a second-half whimper against Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide in the Citrus Bowl.

Tack on his 0-5 record against the Ohio State Buckeyes and Harbaugh might see the pink slip soon unless something changes.

3. Officiating especially the Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Clemson Tigers in the Fiesta Bowl
    Why? There were unfortunate bad calls in this bowl season and none more heartbreaking for the Buckeyes who had a defensive touchdown wiped off the board against the Clemson Tigers and a targeting penalty.

BB55's Final Word
    The season belonged to Ed Orgeron and the LSU Tigers for a wonderful run to the national championship.

I also like to give a shout out to LSU offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger who handled his personal life magnificently where he lost his daughter-in-law Carley Ann McCord to a plane crash en route to the Peach Bowl semifinal in Atlanta.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/28/us/vi...ash/index.html

Well, I enjoyed another college football season. See you next time.

Thread Information