+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1499
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Can we really call a player who got released "Ace"?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Any velocity readings for Montgomery and Betances tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by roysuniverse View Post
    Any velocity readings for Montgomery and Betances tonight?
    Dellin sat 92-93 max 95

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    Dellin sat 92-93 max 95
    Thank you!

NYYF Legend

Schmidt dealing in game 3 of the EL Championship

4.2 Innings
    82 pitches
    9 Ks
    2 hits
    2 walks
    1 ER

Edit: MILB.COM changed his stat line. I guess they missed a pitching change.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

5 Innings
    88 pitches
    10 Ks
    2 hits
    2 walks
    1 ER
    Such a shame that the season is coming to an end because he is flowing.

Is Michael King pitching in relief? Thought he was starting tomorrow?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Such a shame that the season is coming to an end because he is flowing.

Is Michael King pitching in relief? Thought he was starting tomorrow?
    Isn't it odd that he was moved down a level to help out Trenton during the playoffs?

Isn't it odd that he was moved down a level to help out Trenton during the playoffs?
    He missed so much of the season, getting him some extra innings wouldnt hurt.

4IP...3 baserunners...0 runs...5k's. Trenton are one win away!

NYYF Legend

4.2 Innings
    82 pitches
    9 Ks
    2 hits
    2 walks
    1 ER

Edit: MILB.COM changed his stat line. I guess they missed a pitching change.
    4:0 ratio.

If he's a legit #3 guy it'd be an enormous boost. I feel like he's showing that as a real possibility.

NYYF Legend

Schmidt was the guy who had TJS his senior year in college right? That was how he fell to the Yankees if I remember right. Reminds me of how they got Brackman. Hope Schmidt works out better than Brackman did. Though I still think it's a good strategy to target those kind of high end players who fall due to injury based on where the Yankees draft.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Schmidt was the guy who had TJS his senior year in college right? That was how he fell to the Yankees if I remember right. Reminds me of how they got Brackman. Hope Schmidt works out better than Brackman did. Though I still think it's a good strategy to target those kind of high end players who fall due to injury based on where the Yankees draft.
    Schmidt didn't really fall. He was taken about where he'd been expected to go if he was healthy. The Yankees just finally drafted an injured player to get the guy they wanted, which was essentially the opposite of what they'd been doing since the Brackman pick (and something that I personally was extremely frustrated with them about). They had been basically removing elite talent from their early round boards because of TJS concerns.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Not going to get excited for pitching prospects until they at least get to AAA.

Look at Deivi. These new balls are changing a lot. It used to be the jump to AA, now it's that jump to AAA that separates the men and the boys.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post

Look at Deivi. These new balls are changing a lot. It used to be the jump to AA, now it's that jump to AAA that separates the men and the boys.
    I think there are certain attributes you can look for at lower levels that can be a real positive but in General I agree with your statement. The ball difference has really played into it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Schmidt didn't really fall. He was taken about where he'd been expected to go if he was healthy. The Yankees just finally drafted an injured player to get the guy they wanted, which was essentially the opposite of what they'd been doing since the Brackman pick (and something that I personally was extremely frustrated with them about). They had been basically removing elite talent from their early round boards because of TJS concerns.
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't follow the draft that closely.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post

I am hoping this is a one-year anomaly but right now this is the correct take.

Here is our scouting report on Yankees minor league right-handed pitcher Brooks Kriske:

https://www.pinstripedprospects.com/...thunder-45961/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

NYYF Legend

Trenton Wins!! Pretty Cool...I saw Brooks a few times this season and he was throwing 96-97. He came back nicely from TJS.

NYYF Legend

Mets DFA Hanhold...Could be nice little PU for us, He has a lively arm!!

Update ..Orioles struck first!!
    Last edited by Yankyfan; 09-16-19 at 04:22 PM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Trenton Wins!! Pretty Cool...I saw Brooks a few times this season and he was throwing 96-97. He came back nicely from TJS.
    Rony Garcia threw 5 no-hit innings in the championship game: 5 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Rony Garcia threw 5 no-hit innings in the championship game: 5 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
    A lot of quality arms coming. If a few can stay healthy we could be a force to deal with for years to come.

I think you're right about the draft position, but they signed him for below slot value, which allowed them to pay above slot for their 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    I think you're right about the draft position, but they signed him for below slot value, which allowed them to pay above slot for their 2nd round pick.
    Schmidt was projected to be a top 10 pick, but fell to the Yankees at 16. Which isn't that much of a drop. The Tommy John surgery scared away a lot of teams.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

The thing that got me excited about Schmidt was his potential for four quality pitches. However it seems that hes limited that to three. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by osuwarrior00 View Post
    The thing that got me excited about Schmidt was his potential for four quality pitches. However it seems that hes limited that to three. Can anyone confirm?
    I have seen him use a 4-seam, 2-seam, slider, changeup. 2-seamer is what he has been focusing on this year and throwing a lot.

In other news: We are putting a paywall on PinstripedProspects.com. Unfortunately the ad-supported model was not working well for us. Our ad revenue did not grow enough to cover the cost of our hosting skyrocketing due to our traffic. So we are moving to a paywall for our in-depth minor league coverage. To promote it we are doing a massive launch contest, giving away 10 game worn Yankees minor league jerseys and begining in 2020 we will be doing monthly giveaways.

We are previewing the Yankees heading to Arizona to player in the AFL. Here is that feature:
    https://www.pinstripedprospects.com/...tingent-46255/

Thread Information