+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1460
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Damn, Deivi!

5 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 5 BB, 7 K

Slowly rounding into form, folks. Just adjusting to the ML ball and AAA competition, and we'll be good to go shortly.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Anderson Munoz could be something to deal with if he throws his curve the way he did tonite. Nice break mixed in with a high 90s FB.. Unreal the Twins just let him go..

Smith will hit for sure..He just looks like an advanced player...Works the count, nice balance, hands back then unloads.. Again he looks like he could stay at SS if needed. Nice pick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Anderson Munoz could be something to deal with if he throws his curve the way he did tonite. Nice break mixed in with a high 90s FB.. Unreal the Twins just let him go..

Smith will hit for sure..He just looks like an advanced player...Works the count, nice balance, hands back then unloads.. Again he looks like he could stay at SS if needed. Nice pick!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by geodork View Post
    Gleyber is a natural SS, so he is good to back up there. Also, Thairo and Wade are SS so they can play all of the infield positions as well. The Yankees are good at moving their infielders through all the positions, switching them up each game. Helps with redundancy in case of injuries, and with the shifts that are prevalent at all levels of the game now.

That being said, I absolutely think they should resign Didi. He is great in the field, the lefty bat is huge to break up all the righties (and he hits well), and the clubhouse presence is huge. He makes the game fun and I am always on board for whatever makes baseball more fun.
    I cant argue that point. I love me some Didi. And to be "the next SS" after Jeter and play this well is great.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Damn, Deivi!

Slowly rounding into form, folks. Just adjusting to the ML ball and AAA competition, and we'll be good to go shortly.
    Looks like control might still be an issue?

I want to thank you guys for all the great updates and analysis you guys do in this thread on our prospects. Its always nice to know what we have "behind the curtain".

That Josh Smith kid is really sounding like a future middle infielder in the bigs.

NYYF Legend

Chapparo is an interesting prospect. He has plus power for sure. Last night he hit a ball foul by a few feet well over 450. The kid is thick/solid but my question is can he stick at 3rd? I've seen him at least 10 times now and he's up and down. He has avg range but his throws are erratic at times.. If he can stick at 3rd he could be one to watch..I would love Robs take...

Richmond Virginians

NYYF Legend

Boy, Alfredo Garcia pitched a gem today. First off he has a body built to pitch. 6'-3" or 4" with thick thighs and big butt. He was 93-94 with i would say was a 4 seamer topping at 95. The pitch had some late tail and he also threw i would guess a two seamer or possibly a cutter 91-92. It broke down but at times moved into the batter. Then he was dealing a nice slow curve.. He gave up 1 hit until the 6th which is no small feat at HV because of the complete turf IF(I Hate It). He pitched out of trouble in the 6th after two singles and an interference call. Real nice job 8 SO 2 BBs and he works super quick, which i love to see.

Justin Wilson closed it after Ernst and Craft held it. Wilson was dealing 97-98..

NYYF Legend

Jhonathan Munoz: 6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K
    Green (double header): 4-8, HR, SB

Canaan: 3-5, 2 2B
    Stowers: 3-5, 2B

Florial: 2-4

Holder: 2-3, HR, SB, now hitting .280 on the season (6th in the EL), .437 SLG (11th in the EL), and a .781 OPS (good for 7th in the EL).

I can already see it in the near future...

1) Kyle Holder will continue to tear it up in Trenton (don't know why they don't just bring him up to AAA at this point) for the rest of the year
    2) He will be likely put on the 40 man to save him from Rule 5 (he is just too close to MLB and his glove is too good to keep exposed this year)
    3) He will start the season next year in AAA and have his usual ice cold slump the first half and cause the whole waste-of-roster-spot argument for 3 month
    4) He will then heat up as usual and end the season with an acceptable overall line, and perhaps get called up to MLB when roster expands and troll our minds and hopes again.
    5) He will be the Scranton shuttle backup IFer for 2021 and on, likely replacing Tyler Wade/Estrada position.

If the MLB/AAA crazy balls actually make him a merely below average middle IF bat, I'd actually appreciate him more than Wade/Estrada as he'll have more options left and has a better glove than both of them.

But seriously...please stop trolling us (me) for the love of what the heck...

NYYF Legend

Damn, Deivi!

And, he actually came out of the 'pen for this, so that's a positive sign, if he really is an option for the Yankees in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Chapparo is an interesting prospect. He has plus power for sure. Last night he hit a ball foul by a few feet well over 450. The kid is thick/solid but my question is can he stick at 3rd? I've seen him at least 10 times now and he's up and down. He has avg range but his throws are erratic at times.. If he can stick at 3rd he could be one to watch..I would love Robs take...
    If you asked me last year I would have said Chapparo is destined to move to 1B full time. This year he has a few games over there but with him slimming down and the work I have seen him put in during practice I think he could possibly stay at third. It is hit and miss at times, but that is to be expected for a kid as young as he is.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    If you asked me last year I would have said Chapparo is destined to move to 1B full time. This year he has a few games over there but with him slimming down and the work I have seen him put in during practice I think he could possibly stay at third. It is hit and miss at times, but that is to be expected for a kid as young as he is.

Hey, Rob-Sikkema and Agnos haven't pitched in a while. I'm assuming they're with SI but simply inactive due to collegiate workload and not - gulp - injured. Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    Hey, Rob-Sikkema and Agnos haven't pitched in a while. I'm assuming they're with SI but simply inactive due to collegiate workload and not - gulp - injured. Do you know?
    They are still with SI as of Friday but they are not active and have been shutdown due to workload. No injuries. They are starting to send some guys home who are not playing to clear some space (they have been doubling up lockers for the last month).
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    I can already see it in the near future...

1) Kyle Holder will continue to tear it up in Trenton (don't know why they don't just bring him up to AAA at this point) for the rest of the year
    2) He will be likely put on the 40 man to save him from Rule 5 (he is just too close to MLB and his glove is too good to keep exposed this year)
    3) He will start the season next year in AAA and have his usual ice cold slump the first half and cause the whole waste-of-roster-spot argument for 3 month
    4) He will then heat up as usual and end the season with an acceptable overall line, and perhaps get called up to MLB when roster expands and troll our minds and hopes again.
    5) He will be the Scranton shuttle backup IFer for 2021 and on, likely replacing Tyler Wade/Estrada position.

If the MLB/AAA crazy balls actually make him a merely below average middle IF bat, I'd actually appreciate him more than Wade/Estrada as he'll have more options left and has a better glove than both of them.

But seriously...please stop trolling us (me) for the love of what the heck...
    This looks pretty accurate to me Hopefully though he can stop the cratering to start the season and become a player with real value - it was actually much shorter this season.

Interestingly enough, Pat Osborne completely nailed what was going to happen with Holder this season when assessing him in early May when Kyle was at the lowest of lows:

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/05/l...lder-more.html

Kyle Holder, SS

2019 stats: .176 BA, 0 HR, 5 RBI, 17 G, 68 AB, .449 OPS
    Prospect ranking: 2015 first-round pick, $1.8-million signing bonus

What have Holderís struggles been at the plate?

Osborn: I think pitch selection. Sometimes guys get off to a rough start and they try to make up for it by swinging at everything. It really should go back the other way, become uber-selective. Heís going to hit. Heís probably close to 100 at-bats. But itís a long year and the work heís been putting in with Ty Hawkins (the Double-A hitting coach), I think heís going to see the benefits of that work here soon. Itís all about confidence, whether itís about hitting or pitching. Once he gets on that right track, itíll snowball into a good year.

How good is he defensively?

Osborn: Heís a special defensive player. You donít see infielders like Kyle. He does everything you want as a shortstop. Heís a guy thatís going to be a big-league shortstop. He makes the routine play. He can make the great play. Really, really fun to watch. Heís made a few, I would say, mental errors this year that turned into physical errors. But heís still working on some things. Heís a special player.

NYYF Legend

Maikol Escotto leads all Yankee minor leaguers with his 178 wRC+ in the DSL. He currently has exactly 200 PAs.

They are still with SI as of Friday but they are not active and have been shutdown due to workload. No injuries. They are starting to send some guys home who are not playing to clear some space (they have been doubling up lockers for the last month).

Thank you and thank you for your outstanding coverage of SI in general.

Maikol Escotto leads all Yankee minor leaguers with his 178 wRC+ in the DSL. He currently has exactly 200 PAs.

Zeke Duran Part 2. Amazing what you can find shopping in the IFA 'Bargain Bin'

Zeke Duran Part 2. Amazing what you can find shopping in the IFA 'Bargain Bin'
    Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to watch some video of Escotto from the DSL. The ball just jumps off his bad. His exit velo #s are pretty damn good too, averaging 95mph and 20% of his hits coming above that. He could very well start next year in the Appy league similar to Duran.

NYYF Legend

Thank you and thank you for your outstanding coverage of SI in general.
    Ditto!!

NYYF Legend

Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to watch some video of Escotto from the DSL. The ball just jumps off his bad. His exit velo #s are pretty damn good too, averaging 95mph and 20% of his hits coming above that. He could very well start next year in the Appy league similar to Duran.
    This is awesome info. Thanks.

Do you have any data on Ryder Green in the same vein?

NYYF Legend

Also, Torres pinch hit for Green in his 4th PA yesterday in game 2 of the DH. Green is not in the lineup tonight. Is he hurt?

NYYF Legend

Brian Keller had one of the best bounce back starts following a historically horrific start I've seen: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
    Katoh: 0-1, 4 BB

Stephan: 4 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K, exited the game with back issues.
    Holder: 1-3, BB, batted third.

Josh Smith: 2-3, 2B, 2 BB, 2 SB

NYYF Legend

Brian Keller had one of the best bounce back starts following a historically horrific start I've seen: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
    Katoh: 0-1, 4 BB

Stephan: 4 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K, exited the game with back issues.
    Holder: 1-3, BB, batted third.

Josh Smith: 2-3, 2B, 2 BB, 2 SB
    4 BBs for a hitter like Katoh is about as unpredictable as you can get. And I think he did it once before, although I don't have any info on it.

Thread Information