+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45
Results 1,101 to 1,123 of 1123
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Estrada is probably the only one with any real trade value so unfortunately he'll probably be the one to go.
    Truth is, none of the 3 have any real trade value. Most likely they will be the 3rd or 4th piece in any deal. In that scenario, any of them could be traded.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Truth is, none of the 3 have any real trade value. Most likely they will be the 3rd or 4th piece in any deal. In that scenario, any of them could be traded.
    I think all three have trade value, just not for ML pieces (except as tertiary pieces, as you note).

If Jake Cave can return Luis Gil, Pazos can return Littell, Rumbelow can return Juan Then, Shreve/Gallegos can return Voit and $1M IFA money, and Shed Long can return Stowers, then I'm pretty excited about what all three of those guys could bring back - particularly Wade and Estrada. Wade now has a 103 wRC+ with his .303 BA, which is amazing considering how he Holdered the beginning of his SWB time following the demotion. Estrada currently has a 104 wRC+ in the Majors. Someone will believe in both enough to give up a piece that is pretty intriguing to us in this subforum.

I think they potentially go in November at 40 man consolidation time for those lower level guys with upside, which recycles their prospect value, and IFA money to sign the two outstanding guys (Jhon Diaz and I can't remember the other one).
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I think all three have trade value, just not for ML pieces (except as tertiary pieces, as you note).

If Jake Cave can return Luis Gil, Pazos can return Littell, Rumbelow can return Juan Then, Shreve/Gallegos can return Voit and $1M IFA money, and Shed Long can return Stowers, then I'm pretty excited about what all three of those guys could bring back - particularly Wade and Estrada. Wade now has a 103 wRC+ with his .303 BA, which is amazing considering how he Holdered the beginning of his SWB time following the demotion. Estrada currently has a 104 wRC+ in the Majors. Someone will believe in both enough to give up a piece that is pretty intriguing to us in this subforum.

I think they potentially go in November at 40 man consolidation time for those lower level guys with upside, which recycles their prospect value, and IFA money to sign the two outstanding guys (Jhon Diaz and I can't remember the other one).
    Gellegos is having a hell of a year for the red birds. 3-1, 1.96 ERA, 216 ERA+, 0.727 WHIP, 76 Ks to 11 BBs in 55+IP. Probably should have held on to that one a little longer.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Gellegos is having a hell of a year for the red birds. 3-1, 1.96 ERA, 216 ERA+, 0.727 WHIP, 76 Ks to 11 BBs in 55+IP. Probably should have held on to that one a little longer.
    I was a huge Gallegos fan, but you make that deal even today. A breakout reliever vs a breakout 1B with OBP skills and power, plus a high-end IFA arm, is a pretty easy decision still.

Not as much of a laughable blowout as it was coming into the year, but still a pretty obvious win.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I disagree with that take. I think all 3 could bring a lower prospect back and Estrada could have the most value. I was told that other scouts had interest in Estrada at the TDL. To what degree I don't know...

Nick Nelson on the hill for Scranton tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I disagree with that take. I think all 3 could bring a lower prospect back and Estrada could have the most value. I was told that other scouts had interest in Estrada at the TDL. To what degree I don't know...
    Yeah, I still view Estrada a legitimate trade piece, but that's just an opinion.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Any chance we go with a Urshela/Andujar - Torres - Wade - Voit/Andujar infield in 2020? If Wade turns a corner, that would be a solid and cheap infield.

I love Didi, but we are going to have to pay big for him next year, not that t would stop us.
    I could potentially see letting letting Didi walk but the IF would be Voit-DJL-Torres-Urshela in that case. However they seem to like the depth and may resign Didi.

Andujar and Estrada would likely be backups, Andujar might find himself at AAA to rebuild value.
    Wade and Valera would seem to have almost no trade value. Estrada likely has some trade value but not as a center piece.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I could potentially see letting letting Didi walk but the IF would be Voit-DJL-Torres-Urshela in that case. However they seem to like the depth and may resign Didi.

Andujar and Estrada would likely be backups, Andujar might find himself at AAA to rebuild value.
    Wade and Valera would seem to have almost no trade value. Estrada likely has some trade value but not as a center piece.
    People can call me crazy, but I legitimately believe that Holder is a factor in all of this if he isn't traded this offseason - more so than Wade/Estrada. God-tier defense and a bat that may have turned around in a pitchers park before even getting to the juiced balls at AAA/ML, with full control, is exactly the kind of guy that you keep to be the backup MI.

NYYF Legend

Josh Smith: 2-3, HR, BB
    Sanford: 2-4, 2B, HR
    Correa: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K - he's been dominant for SI.

NYYF Legend

People can call me crazy, but I legitimately believe that Holder is a factor in all of this if he isn't traded this offseason - more so than Wade/Estrada. God-tier defense and a bat that may have turned around in a pitchers park before even getting to the juiced balls at AAA/ML, with full control, is exactly the kind of guy that you keep to be the backup MI.
    I don't think it's crazy. His glove would bring him to the major if he has shown any sign in AAA that he could just be a bad hitters in the major. His glove is that good.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I don't think it's crazy. His glove would bring him to the major if he has shown any sign in AAA that he could just be a bad hitters in the major. His glove is that good.
    Holder: 2-5, SB

Also...

Totally down with this. Terrific infielder and he continues to show signs he'll hit. If at all possible, I'd Holder on to this dude.

How did I forget DJL had a 2 year contract... my bad. Yeah he is a lock for the 2B, 3B, 1B duties next year like this season. I guess that really only leaves us with one SS though. I dont think Wade can be a SS. Maybe Estrada? Holder if he gets called up?
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

How did I forget DJL had a 2 year contract... my bad. Yeah he is a lock for the 2B, 3B, 1B duties next year like this season. I guess that really only leaves us with one SS though. I dont think Wade can be a SS. Maybe Estrada? Holder if he gets called up?
    Gleyber is a natural SS, so he is good to back up there. Also, Thairo and Wade are SS so they can play all of the infield positions as well. The Yankees are good at moving their infielders through all the positions, switching them up each game. Helps with redundancy in case of injuries, and with the shifts that are prevalent at all levels of the game now.

That being said, I absolutely think they should resign Didi. He is great in the field, the lefty bat is huge to break up all the righties (and he hits well), and the clubhouse presence is huge. He makes the game fun and I am always on board for whatever makes baseball more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by geodork View Post
    Gleyber is a natural SS, so he is good to back up there. Also, Thairo and Wade are SS so they can play all of the infield positions as well. The Yankees are good at moving their infielders through all the positions, switching them up each game. Helps with redundancy in case of injuries, and with the shifts that are prevalent at all levels of the game now.

That being said, I absolutely think they should resign Didi. He is great in the field, the lefty bat is huge to break up all the righties (and he hits well), and the clubhouse presence is huge. He makes the game fun and I am always on board for whatever makes baseball more fun.

One thing I keep in the back of my mind is no one knows what the new CBA will look like; that's a total wildcard. If the players' union digs in-and it looks like they're at the very least feeling their oats so to speak-we could see drastic changes to things like the tax levels, free agent compensation and related draft penalties as well as trading draft picks, international draft, bonus pools etc. I understand that's peripheral to the subject but if we're projecting years into the future it's good to keep in mind that the payroll 'limit' today might not be the payroll 'limit' tomorrow and I think if the Yankees big league club had, say, another 100 million bucks to play with every season in the budget their assessment of positional succession would change dramatically.....for example, would you keep Torres at second if Lindor were playing shortstop? (the Cleveland owner has already advised the fan base to 'enjoy Frankie while you can....').

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by geodork View Post

I think the Yanks try to bring Didi back but he's also likely the best FA SS in next year's thin SS market so it's possible some other team tries to lure him away with a big money deal. Though I haven't really looked to see if a contender is a SS away from being really good.

But my comment was more what the IF would look like if Didi left and that would mean Gleyber the every day SS with one of (Wade, Estrada, Holder, or TBD) as the backup.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

I think the Yanks try to bring Didi back but he's also likely the best FA SS in next year's thin SS market so it's possible some other team tries to lure him away with a big money deal. Though I haven't really looked to see if a contender is a SS away from being really good.

But my comment was more what the IF would look like if Didi left and that would mean Gleyber the every day SS with one of (Wade, Estrada, Holder, or TBD) as the backup.
    Not to hijack this thread but they actually discussed Didi's pending free agency on MLB Radio this morning and the only team they could think of who might be in the market for a SS is the Reds. Most of the contending teams are pretty set at SS.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Anyone know what happened to Osiel today?

Addicted Member

Luis Medina has been promoted to Tampa.
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    Luis Medina has been promoted to Tampa.
    Damn, that is awesome. What a turnaround.

If Medina maintains his improved control in Tampa he is going to rocket up the prospect lists.

Thread Information