+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

The Yanks made two nice Milb signings this week. RHP Drew Hutchison and OF/IF Matt Lipka. I recall Lipka being noted in the SR prior to his draft as having PLUS ,PLUS speed. Nice insurance...

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Per a recent Keith Law chat:

Danny: Do you think Deivi Garcia will be a starter and if not, can he be a set up or closer type?
    Keith Law: Starter.

Wonder if weíll see him creep into top 100 lists.

BA's Updated Top 10:

1. Estevan Florial - OF
    2. Jonathan Loaisiga - RHP
    3. Everson Pereira - OF
    4. Anthony Seigler - C
    5. Michael King - RHP
    6. Deivi Garcia - RHP
    7. Roansy Contreras - RHP
    8. Antonio Cabello - OF
    9. Albert Abreu - RHP
    10. Matt Sauer - RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/team...nal/?year=2019

NYYF HOF

I'm actually really excited about our system coming into this year, its not top loaded, but it has a ton of guys who could jump into the top 100 next year. Only thing I'd like to see is some of Cashman low key trades.

Richmond Virginians

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    BA's Updated Top 10:

1. Estevan Florial - OF
    2. Jonathan Loaisiga - RHP
    3. Everson Pereira - OF
    4. Anthony Seigler - C
    5. Michael King - RHP
    6. Deivi Garcia - RHP
    7. Roansy Contreras - RHP
    8. Antonio Cabello - OF
    9. Albert Abreu - RHP
    10. Matt Sauer - RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/team...nal/?year=2019
    Love they rank Garcia, King and Contreras over Abreu.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Love they rank Garcia, King and Contreras over Abreu.
    Lots of excitement in this ranking. I'm really excited to follow some of these big time arms as they try to take the next step.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

I'm actually excited for last year's crop of highly touted SPs to see better what we actually have in these guys: Acevedo, Abreu, Freicer Perez and Medina. Those are all high-ceiling arms, even one of them blossoming could be major.

Florial being #1 tells me this system has really thinned out. Dude will never make enough contact.
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

NYYF Legend

My concern at the beginning of the season would be Antonio Cabello. Hopefully his shoulder is fully healed and wouldn't affect his hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    My concern at the beginning of the season would be Antonio Cabello. Hopefully his shoulder is fully healed and wouldn't affect his hitting.
    I believe heís been cleared for baseball activities

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    I'm actually excited for last year's crop of highly touted SPs to see better what we actually have in these guys: Acevedo, Abreu, Freicer Perez and Medina. Those are all high-ceiling arms, even one of them blossoming could be major.

No one should be sleeping on Michael King, he could be the diamond in the rough.

NYYF Legend

The Yankees somehow got a teenager 2018 J2 kid from AZ for Locastro! He's currently 17!

Mark Feinsand @Feinsand 2m2 minutes ago
    The Yankees have acquired LHP Ronald Roman and cash considerations from the D-backs for OF Tim Locastro.

When the Yankees target someone in a deal like this I'd immediately cancel the trade if I was the other team. This is exciting.

I mean, itís better than nothing, but not sure why the exclamation points. NY signed 23 guys in the international market last summer, so now itís 24. Also NY did give up Drew Finley for Locastro in the initial trade two months ago.

Haha, yes!!!

Eric Longenhagen:

ďDon't have much on Ronald Roman. Bigger-bodied 6-foot-2, velo was 83-85 for a while, ticked up as July 2 approached when lots of teams had already moved on. Have him up to 88. Will just update here if I get more.Ē

NYYF Legend

I've been very impressed when Cashman unloads ML ready talent for arms that are lottery tickets or guys who make you wonder why they wanted that guy specifically.

Cave for Gil
    Gamel for Orozco & DePaula
    Smith & Cooper for King
    Pazos for Littell
    Swanson & Green as the add-ins to the Beltran deal

I really enjoy those types of moves. Plus the fact that they traded Finley, who has been a total bust to this point, to get Locastro in the first place actually bolsters my feelings of excitement/incredulousness.

Crow,Tony,Joe D,Yogi,Riz,Judge Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I've been very impressed when Cashman unloads ML ready talent for arms that are lottery tickets or guys who make you wonder why they wanted that guy specifically.

Cave for Gil
    Smith & Cooper for King
    Pazos for Littell

I really enjoy those types of moves. Plus the fact that they traded Finley, who has been a total bust to this point, to get Locastro in the first place actually bolsters my feelings of excitement/incredulousness.

I am sensing sarcasm.
    -Lou
    27 (28 in 2019)

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

Cave for Gil
    Smith & Cooper for King
    Pazos for Littell

A hundred percent agreed on all of those, but I donít see any reason (yet?) to think he is one of those guys as NY could have just signed him themselves six months ago if they knew something.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    A hundred percent agreed on all of those, but I don’t see any reason (yet?) to think he is one of those guys as NY could have just signed him themselves six months ago if they knew something.
    I'm not saying I'm excited because I actually think he's any good, just that when the Yankees take a kid like this in a terribly ordinary/boring DFA transaction like this it's exciting to me. Again, not the kid himself because I know nothing about him, but instead the concept. They've built up a lot of trust with me in these types of moves, so it's exciting to me because Ronald Roman is another name that I'll be actively looking for when he starts pitching.

They traded Finley for a "now" piece, and then instead of going for another "now" piece (bullpen arm? Cessa replacement?) they went for the furthest thing from it. As someone who gets a lot of joy out of following the minors, that's very intriguing to me from this FO. I believe there's a fun/interesting answer to the question of "why him?" in these transactions with the Yankees.

Honestly, I totally get that and am right there with you but if this is one of those, itís arguably even more impressive than anyone on your list above, since he was a IFA so recently and has no track record yet.

But yeah, Iím still laughing that in an offseason where MIA traded Stanton to NY, NY managed to get a better prospect back from them than any they gave up (or so it seems currently anyway).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    No one should be sleeping on Michael King, he could be the diamond in the rough.
    So So true..

Thread Information