+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 135 of 135
  1. #126

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Finally one team decides to treat minor leaguer better. Sadly it's not the Yankees. I could see the Jays having a big competitive advantage if other teams don't follow.
    I'm not sure the Jays are the first team to do that as I thought the Yankees have been paying their minor league players more than other teams for years. Jays might be the first team to publicize it, but I'm not sure they're the first team to do it.

  2. #127
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm not sure the Jays are the first team to do that as I thought the Yankees have been paying their minor league players more than other teams for years. Jays might be the first team to publicize it, but I'm not sure they're the first team to do it.
    You are correct. Mike Ashmore wrote a long article on his blog about 8-9 years ago, where he listed many of the issues that Minor league players faced. In that article were quotes from players that the Yankees minor league system was one of teh best in terms of pay, accommodations, gear for the players at all levels, etc.

  3. #128

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    You are correct. Mike Ashmore wrote a long article on his blog about 8-9 years ago, where he listed many of the issues that Minor league players faced. In that article were quotes from players that the Yankees minor league system was one of teh best in terms of pay, accommodations, gear for the players at all levels, etc.
    Also nutrition if I'm not mistaken. I think they added that in the last 2-3 years. They don't want their players eating the wrong things like going to MacDonalds every day.

  4. #129

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    I like these new rule changes for the AFL.

    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...nges-for-2019/

  5. #130
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes



  6. #131
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    https://www.prospectslive.com/from-t...proved-command

    With decent command, Medina could easily be the best Yankees prospect and one of the best pitching prospects in the league by the end of this season.

  7. #132

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    It appears the Yankees have done the "Dellin" change with Acevedo in converting him to a reliever going forward as the reports are he's been relieving not starting in minor league camp. If that's true then he'll start off in Trenton and perhaps move up to SWB quickly if he's making a a smooth adjustment by being very effective in that role. Thus, he becomes a bullpen option in the second half of the 2019 season.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

  8. #133
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It appears the Yankees have done the "Dellin" change with Acevedo in converting him to a reliever going forward as the reports are he's been relieving not starting in minor league camp. If that's true then he'll start off in Trenton and perhaps move up to SWB quickly if he's making a a smooth adjustment by being very effective in that role. Thus, he becomes a bullpen option in the second half of the 2019 season.
    Unless he learns to control his emotions he will have issues in relief as well. Great arm but needs to harness everything else..

  9. #134
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wesley Hills, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

  10. #135
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    Happy to his return!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts