+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Finally one team decides to treat minor leaguer better. Sadly it's not the Yankees. I could see the Jays having a big competitive advantage if other teams don't follow.
    I'm not sure the Jays are the first team to do that as I thought the Yankees have been paying their minor league players more than other teams for years. Jays might be the first team to publicize it, but I'm not sure they're the first team to do it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm not sure the Jays are the first team to do that as I thought the Yankees have been paying their minor league players more than other teams for years. Jays might be the first team to publicize it, but I'm not sure they're the first team to do it.
    You are correct. Mike Ashmore wrote a long article on his blog about 8-9 years ago, where he listed many of the issues that Minor league players faced. In that article were quotes from players that the Yankees minor league system was one of teh best in terms of pay, accommodations, gear for the players at all levels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    You are correct. Mike Ashmore wrote a long article on his blog about 8-9 years ago, where he listed many of the issues that Minor league players faced. In that article were quotes from players that the Yankees minor league system was one of teh best in terms of pay, accommodations, gear for the players at all levels, etc.
    Also nutrition if I'm not mistaken. I think they added that in the last 2-3 years. They don't want their players eating the wrong things like going to MacDonalds every day.

I like these new rule changes for the AFL.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...nges-for-2019/

NYYF Legend

Thread Information