+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 58 59 60 61
Results 1,501 to 1,509 of 1509

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

This upcoming restructuring of the minor leagues makes me a little nervous, as i like how things are set up now.

It would be great if they could improve facilities and upgrade the compensation system and travel/accommodations. I could also support streamlining the logistics between a major league team and its affiliates.

I just worry that the willingness of the Yankees to invest in two GCL teams and their recent acquisition of Pulaski will be negated by these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby View Post
    This upcoming restructuring of the minor leagues makes me a little nervous, as i like how things are set up now.

It would be great if they could improve facilities and upgrade the compensation system and travel/accommodations. I could also support streamlining the logistics between a major league team and its affiliates.

I just worry that the willingness of the Yankees to invest in two GCL teams and their recent acquisition of Pulaski will be negated by these changes.

I don't like the potential of eliminating 1/3 of the affiliates but I do hope they improve the minor leaugers working conditions.

Richmond Virginians

Draft changes also being considered.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...lege-baseball/

NYYF Legend

Wow. I guess NCAA would benefit from more kids going the college route. Independent leagues would have to expand. But what worries me is one less level of advancement would hurt the development of some players. I assume every franchise would have to give up an A level team somewhere. Dominicans may have to stay an extra year in their homeland.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

The Yankees would need to cut more than 100 minor leaguers if the new proposal is adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby View Post

This is a worst case scenario proposal but it is a clear attack on how teams like the Yankees have operated in the minors the last few years. At one point the Yankees had 10 MiLB affiliates, currently they have 9 with 350 total non-40 man players under contract. This allows them to develop more players and find more diamonds in the rough. That advantage would be negated and every team would be on equal footing.

Facility-wise the Yankees are lucky as none of their MiLB teams play in below standard facilities. The worst affiiate stadium is in SI and that is just above the current facility standards for a Single-A team. This is more about the teams like Batavia who don't have facilities up to MiLB standards. I would be happy to see them eliminate long road trips and have all the teams closer to the MLB teams but not sure if that is realistic.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    This is a worst case scenario proposal but it is a clear attack on how teams like the Yankees have operated in the minors the last few years. At one point the Yankees had 10 MiLB affiliates, currently they have 9 with 350 total non-40 man players under contract. This allows them to develop more players and find more diamonds in the rough. That advantage would be negated and every team would be on equal footing.

Facility-wise the Yankees are lucky as none of their MiLB teams play in below standard facilities. The worst affiiate stadium is in SI and that is just above the current facility standards for a Single-A team. This is more about the teams like Batavia who don't have facilities up to MiLB standards. I would be happy to see them eliminate long road trips and have all the teams closer to the MLB teams but not sure if that is realistic.
    Thanks for your response - I feel like you guys must have an actual sense of minor league conditions.

With the strict draft pool and international pool and luxury tax thresholds its a little sad that owners are trying to tighten belts even further given how much money the league is making and how successful many minor league teams seem to be (and how important to local communities).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post

I wonder how MLB would compensate the Yankees who have invested a lot in the minor and are forced to give up those invested facilities.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I wonder how MLB would compensate the Yankees who have invested a lot in the minor and are forced to give up those invested facilities.
    I agree..The Yanks just threw a ton of money into Pulaski and still are doing more current improvements..Also sad if they had to leave after building a loyal fan base in such a short time. I don't see how this improves the growth of the game.

Thread Information