+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1509
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Sure ..Sorry didn't realize sub. needed...

Sally top 20 prospects..

At # 12 Roansy Contreras...19 6-2 RHP Best polish of the bunch. FB 92-96 CU and avg curve. Projects for + control.

At # 13 Alex Vizcaino...22 6-2 RHP FB 94-98 CU 90-91 the acts like a SFFB ..When on described as DASTARDLY WEAPON!!

At # 14 Luis Gil...20 6-3 RHP Some say toughest to hit at this level. 70 grade FB 100 with easy delivery also features a slervy CB .

At # 15 Luis Medina...20 6-1 RHP Medina has the best stuff of the group when his control is on..Rare pitcher who can dominate with a located FB 100-101.. Also features a 12-6 curve and working slider..

At # 20 Canaan Smith...20 6-0 OF Raw power and has projected to hit for avg and high OBP. Canaan squares up a lot of balls including Top FBs . Canaan can also play some 1B but is in both spots a Fringy to Avg Defender.
    Man, they have no idea what to think of any of the arms, so they're simultaneously banking and hedging on all of them.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Yanks place 3 in NY-Penn League top 20 as per BA

At #7 Ezequiel Duran 20 5-11 RHH 2B...Duran rebounded real well this season from a down season with Pulaski..Duran is a sturdy build kid but is very athletic and can stick at 2nd and also can play SS but is better suited for 2b. Duran lead the league in HR and is top 10 in Slugging, OBP, and RBI. Duran Exit Velo was 91.9 which would be top 10 in MLB right now. Duran has plus bat speed and hit to all fields. Ezequiel runs well but can improve his approach at plate as he advances.

At #14 Oswald Peraza SS 19 6-0 RHH..Very Athletic SS with a strong arm. Should stay at SS for a long time. Bat improving.

At # 16 Josh Smith SS 22 5-10 LHH. A Stress Fracture of Vertebrae limited his season and signed late but enough to impress. Smith is a clutch hitter who grinds at bats. Has a real high Baseball IQ. Can cause damage in a line up but doesn't project for much power. Smith plays SS but projects as a 2B. With late start still was in top of teams Offensive Categories..
    Thanks again!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Man, they have no idea what to think of any of the arms, so they're simultaneously banking and hedging on all of them.
    I so agree. I also believe at least one arm should have made NY-PENN top 20.( Wilson or Munoz )

NYYF Legend

The Yankees placed 2 in Eastern League top 20

At # 5 Deivi Garcia..20 5-9 RHP.. Garcia was one of the youngest arms in the EL this season. Pitchers with 50 plus innings pitched had Deivi at the top with a 14.2 SO rate. Deivi, though young has the advanced ability to navigate a game and control his Breaking balls for strikes and locate his low to mid 90s FB. Deivi can also pitch backwards with late break on his FB and High spin rate CB.

At# 17 Albert Abreu...23 6-2 RHP. Albert was a workhorse this year making 20 starts. 96 innings the most ever in his career. Albert was real sharp at home pitching to a 2.61 era over 41.1 innings. Albert features a 4 pitch mix. A high 90s FB, Slider, CU and a Power Curve. Of the 4, the best pitch is his power curve and his slider he lowest rated. Albert can maintain his velo deep into games but if Control doesn't improve he projects as a reliever.

Maybe Abreu ends up as an opener. Glad to hear BA give him some positive recognition.

NYYF Legend

Anybody with a BA subscription?

NYYF Legend

At# 17 Albert Abreu...23 6-2 RHP. Albert was a workhorse this year making 20 starts. 96 innings the most ever in his career. Albert was real sharp at home pitching to a 2.61 era over 41.1 innings. Albert features a 4 pitch mix. A high 90s FB, Slider, CU and a Power Curve. Of the 4, the best pitch is his power curve and his slider he lowest rated. Albert can maintain his velo deep into games but if Control doesn't improve he projects as a reliever.
    Abreu threw 101.2 IP in 2016. I don't know in what world 96 innings is considered a workhorse.

They should just make him into a reliever, his career has shown a pretty clear inability to stay healthy.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Abreu threw 101.2 IP in 2016. I don't know in what world 96 innings is considered a workhorse.

They should just make him into a reliever, his career has shown a pretty clear inability to stay healthy.
    The 96 is with one affiliate.. My bad but don't see why that would matter?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Anybody with a BA subscription?

A real premium athlete with real baseball skills. Can do it all. Was clocked in a work out running a high 6.3! Has a plus plus arm and projects as a CF. Yanks worked him out at SS catcher and OF. Feel best suited for CF but could handle the other positions. Played catcher from 8-12 he said because he was shorter and chubby.
    Rowland said best tools set and performance he's come across Easy power and can spray the ball all over. SH with very strong forearms and wrists. Scouts view him as a potential fast mover like Franco, Soto, Tatis and Vlad Jr.
    Scouts and coaches rave about his work ethic..Described as a real baseball rat.Works hard with bat and glove.Top baseball IQ. Has always played above his age group and excelled. Never looked over matched. A rare mix of the best you could ask for in a baseball player all in one kid.
    Badler said he is a shorter looking Moncada...Looks like a running back...Quick burst athlete...
    Forgot this yesterday...Jasson in his first WO hit 107-108 exit velo from both sides of the plate!!
    Last edited by Yankyfan; 10-10-19 at 05:17 PM.

A real premium athlete with real baseball skills. Can do it all. Was clocked in a work out running a high 6.3! Has a plus plus arm and projects as a CF. Yanks worked him out at SS catcher and OF. Feel best suited for CF but could handle the other positions. Played catcher from 8-12 he said because he was shorter and chubby.
    Rowland said best tools set and performance he's come across Easy power and can spray the ball all over. SH with very strong forearms and wrists. Scouts view him as a potential fast mover like Franco, Soto, Tatis and Vlad Jr.
    Scouts and coaches rave about his work ethic..Described as a real baseball rat.Works hard with bat and glove.Top baseball IQ. Has always played above his age group and excelled. Never looked over matched. A rare mix of the best you could ask for in a baseball player all in one kid.
    Badler said he is a shorter looking Moncada...Looks like a running back...Quick burst athlete...
    Please. Be. Real.

NYYF Legend

Florida State league top 20 as per BA

At #12 Clarke Schmitt 23 RHP.. 6-1
    Clarkes first outing was against Casey Mize and went toe to toe. Clarke threw 5 no hit innings with 9 K's. Schmidt has improved the further he moves away from TJS. Clarke features a 92-95 FB topping out at 97. An ever improving CU that rates now at a 65 on a 20-80 scale. Scouts also say his breaking ball is almost as impressive. Clarke shows real guile on the mound mixing and matching his arm slot for more deception. Schmidt impressed at AA pitching 10.2 innings of 1 run ball while fanning 13..

I'll try to post Appy tomorrow. Looks like we place a bunch there!

Florida State league top 20 as per BA

At #12 Clarke Schmitt 23 RHP.. 6-1
    Clarkes first outing was against Casey Mize and went toe to toe. Clarke threw 5 no hit innings with 9 K's. Schmidt has improved the further he moves away from TJS. Clarke features a 92-95 FB topping out at 97. An ever improving CU that rates now at a 65 on a 20-80 scale. Scouts also say his breaking ball is almost as impressive. Clarke shows real guile on the mound mixing and matching his arm slot for more deception. Schmidt impressed at AA pitching 10.2 innings of 1 run ball while fanning 13..

I'll try to post Appy tomorrow. Looks like we place a bunch there!
    Great stuff! Very much appreciated!

NYYF Legend

The 96 is with one affiliate.. My bad but don't see why that would matter?
    I just don't think 96 innings is workhorse territory. Mike King threw 149 IP in 17' & 161 in 18'. That's a workhorse.

Abreu is constantly injured. I don't think his arm/body can handle a starter's workload, and he isn't getting any younger. Moreover, he's taking up a spot on 40 man roster, and had a 1.6 WHIP with a 4.9 BB/9 with a non-elite K rate in Trenton. What's that going to look like with the major league ball?

Just nothing really excites me about Abreu. He consistently underperforms his stuff, is injured all the time, and hasn't improved on the biggest issue when he was acquired (BB rate).
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I just don't think 96 innings is workhorse territory. Mike King threw 149 IP in 17' & 161 in 18'. That's a workhorse.

Abreu is constantly injured. I don't think his arm/body can handle a starter's workload, and he isn't getting any younger. Moreover, he's taking up a spot on 40 man roster, and had a 1.6 WHIP with a 4.9 BB/9 with a non-elite K rate in Trenton. What's that going to look like with the major league ball?

Just nothing really excites me about Abreu. He consistently underperforms his stuff, is injured all the time, and hasn't improved on the biggest issue when he was acquired (BB rate).
    I agree..96 at 23 isn't anything special..i will say though he has great stuff but has to stay on a roll. Health is the issue.

Appalachian League top 20 as per BA

#5. Antonio Cabello OF
    #7. Anthony Volpe SS
    #9. Yoendryrs Gomez RHP
    #17. Ryder Green OF

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Please. Be. Real.
    LOL, I know so much hype scares me some what, but i'm hoping as are you it comes to fruition..

NYYF Legend

Top 20 prospects in Appy league as per BA....

At# 5 Antonio Cabello..18 OF RHH 5-10
    Antonio had a down year 211/280/330 but scouts believe in this toolsy player after a good showing in the GCL. Antonio needs to adjust to off speed stuff but scouts feel he will. Antonio has a great approach to the game and believe he projects as a plus hitter. Cabello also is a plus runner with a good arm. Antonio posted some gaudy Exit velo numbers and was a favorite of other teams managers.

At# 7 Anthony Volpe...18 SS RHH 5-11
    Anthony displayed no standout tools but showed a polished all around game and advanced ability+Instincts at SS. Season cut short by Mono but showed enough to impress. Good SO/walk ratio. Power enough to keep teams honest.

At# 9 Yoendrys Gomez...19 RHP 6-3
    For a light year for pitching in the Appy this year Gomez showed to be the top pitcher. FB has improved as his frame has filled out with more projection to come. FB 97 with late life. CB needs work but could be a plus pitch. CU is solid. Yoendrys has a clean, easy, Loose delivery and is always around the zone.

At# 17 Ryder Green... 19 OF RHH 6-0
    Ryder displayed exciting power in HS and showed as one of the top combos of power and speed. Good baseball IQ . Plays to the game. Good plate discipline . Ryder played all 3 OF spots well. Ryder faded as the season progressed . A close watch needed as he goes to a full season league.

BTW NO top prospects for us in AAA

Richmond Virginians

Can you rank the Yankees prospects on the list by ceiling? I figured Alcantara has the Aaron Judge starter kit

Ben Badler: Alcantara probably has the highest pure tools/athleticism/physical ability based upside. He has Judge's height, but it's more of a Dexter Fowler type body and center field profile. There's still a lot of crudeness there, but people around the league still saw the tools that jumped out right away.

NYYF Legend

Top 20 in GCL...As per BA.

At #5 Antonio Gomez...17 C 6-2
    Antoinio Has the tools already to be an elite receiver. A 70 arm that is in the high 80 and a pop time of 1.8 make for a great combination. Add in he's an advanced blocker and receiver who already is fluent in English...Gomez has a strong frame and has solid bat to bat skills with more room for power.

At #8 Kevin Alcantara...17 OF 6-6
    Kevin struggled with Pitch recognition and body control at the plate and needs to shorten leg kick but showed enough for scouts to project him as Power/Speed combo. Kevin is Tall but glides in CF. Works hard on D and it shows. Plus defender.

At #9 Alexander Vargas...17 SS 5-11
    Covers it all at SS. Range, hands, footwork just sticks out in the field. Shows good hitting skills and is a plus runner but need to get stronger.

At #11 Raimfer Salinas...18 OF 6-0
    Raimfer is a lean athletic player who projects as a CF. +Arm and Speed..Good bat speed who makes hard contact to all fields..Needs work on pitch recognition and not extending SZ.
    Last edited by Yankyfan; 10-12-19 at 08:46 AM.

NYYF Legend

Top 20 in GCL...

At #5 Antonio Gomez...17 C 6-2
    Antoinio Has the tools already to be an elite receiver. A 70 arm that is in the high 80 and a pop time of 1.8 make for a great combination. Add in he's an advanced blocker and receiver who already is fluent in English...Gomez has a strong frame and has solid bat to bat skills with more room for power.

At #8 Kevin Alcantara...17 OF 6-6
    Kevin struggled with Pitch recognition and body control at the plate and needs to shorten leg kick but showed enough for scouts to project him as Power/Speed combo. Kevin is Tall but glides in CF. Works hard on D and it shows. Plus defender.

At #9 Alexander Vargas...17 SS 5-11
    Covers it all at SS. Range, hands, footwork just sticks out in the field. Shows good hitting skills and is a plus runner but need to get stronger.

At #11 Raimfer Salinas...18 OF 6-0
    Raimfer is a lean athletic player who projects as a CF. +Arm and Speed..Good bat speed who makes hard contact to all fields..Needs work on pitch recognition and not extending SZ.
    Awesome. Thanks for posting this.

NYYF Legend

Otto dominant again: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K

Thank you Yankyfan for those mini-lists!

I think it is interesting that of the 19 Yankee prospects that made a list only 5 of them were from the draft (2 trade, 12 international).

I like our farm system but if we could start drafting like the Dodgers or Rays we'd be so, so strong.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby View Post
    Thank you Yankyfan for those mini-lists!

I think it is interesting that of the 19 Yankee prospects that made a list only 5 of them were from the draft (2 trade, 12 international).

I like our farm system but if we could start drafting like the Dodgers or Rays we'd be so, so strong.
    NP..A few things about the lists that surprised me...

Cabello being rated that high. SSS for me but he was so off on the off speed stuff it will take time to adjust. I love that the scouts still remain high on him but i really liked Green so much more and being ranked that much lower shocked me. Just one year difference in age.

Josh Smiths review... I see a guy who plays to the game and will advance fast with real good gap power, if not more. Faster and a better defender then advertised.

Abreu being rated that low. Yes, a bit older then some but i didn't see that many with better stuff this season in AA or AAA for that matter.

Justin Wilson or Munoz not making NY Penn list? The Yanks have some nice arms coming from that league ranked or not. Starter and Reliever..
    Last edited by Yankyfan; 10-13-19 at 09:50 AM.

We released the first results of our Player of the Year polls and no surprise, Maikol Escotto won the vote for Pinstriped Prospects DSL Player of the Year:

https://www.pinstripedprospects.com/...he-year-47324/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

NYYF Legend

Thread Information