+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 56 57 58 59
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1460
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

Pipeline updated their top-100 for the end of the mL season. Yankees making it -

63: Deivi
    67: Jasson
    83: Florial
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Pipeline updated their top-100 for the end of the mL season. Yankees making it -

63: Deivi
    67: Jasson
    83: Florial
    I know the exit velocity, speed, arm, etc., but it's still crazy to me when there are only 66 prospects in all of baseball rated ahead of a 16 year old

NYYF Legend

Florial sure gets a lot of love for a player who can't get out of single A while sporting a .680 and .710 OPS in Tampa the past 2 seasons. I just don't see him making it.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Florial sure gets a lot of love for a player who can't get out of single A while sporting a .680 and .710 OPS in Tampa the past 2 seasons. I just don't see him making it.
    It just shows how much people love his tools. Too bad his only questionable tool is the one the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    It just shows how much people love his tools. Too bad his only questionable tool is the one the most important.

Florial reminds me of two other '5-tool' center field prospects that either took, or have taken, a lot of time to learn how to make consistent contact:

Maybin
    Lewis Brinson

You can throw Nick Williams in there depending on your views of his fielding ability. Point is, I'm sure Florial has the ability to hit and I think he most likely WILL hit in the major leagues; the problem is when and how long the Yankees are willing to hold on his stock. He and Andujar are in very similar predicaments this year in that underperformance and/or injuries have drastically lowered their trade value. I think the Yankees hold onto both guys through the offseason and give them both an honest chance to rebuild their value.

Injuries. His last non injury year was 2017 and he was great...people still hold out hope that he will get beyond the injuries and return to that level

Happy AFL opening day!
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

You're right that he's not likely to make it. But I'd say the ranking isn't crazy given his age (21) and insane tools. It's more a preference thing-should the 88th ranked prospect be a low risk guy that is 50/50 shot to be an every day player. Or a guy like Florial who maybe has a 10 percent chance of being a superstar.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Injuries. His last non injury year was 2017 and he was great...people still hold out hope that he will get beyond the injuries and return to that level
    It's getting tiring hearing excuse after excuse with Florial. Like he's the only player who gets injured. He's stats don't seem to improve once he is healthy and the season progress. I'm a prospect hugger but wouldn't hold back a trade of a solid starting pitcher because of him.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Florial was ripping triples and wowing Aaron Boone and other execs in Spring Training.

The wrist injury really messed up his progress but it would have to be a nice piece coming back for me to include him in a trade.

Thread Information