+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11
Results 251 to 273 of 273
  1. #251
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    Sauer needs TJS? Thatís the story you teased? Thatís news, not a puff piece. Itís not something you tease. Itís something you break. Odd approach.
    Wow, that stinks... I was thinking something on the advancement side...

  2. #252
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Medina was much better this time around, and Semple was his usual excellent self in relief.

    Medina: 5 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K

    Semple: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K


    Dermis hit his 5th HR for Tampa - an inside the parker!
    Last edited by Snatch Catch; 04-20-19 at 10:28 PM.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  3. #253
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Gil comes in # 7 on the Hot Prospect List on BA...Dermis Garcia also comes in at 13!!

  4. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Gil comes in # 7 on the Hot Prospect List on BA...Dermis Garcia also comes in at 13!!
    And Dermis homered again. 3-5 on the night.

  5. #255
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Gil comes in # 7 on the Hot Prospect List on BA...Dermis Garcia also comes in at 13!!
    Wonder if this with Dermis is for real, or just a hot streak. It would be nice if at least 1 of those head-liner bonus babies from the 2014 July 2nd IFA turned out to be a star. He's still very young, but his power is undeniable.

  6. #256

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    It's crazy he just turned 21 in January. Feels like he's been in the system forever.

  7. #257
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    It's crazy he just turned 21 in January. Feels like he's been in the system forever.
    Just like Andujar when he's in the minor.

  8. #258

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Just like Andujar when he's in the minor.
    Yup..

  9. #259
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Wonder if this with Dermis is for real, or just a hot streak. It would be nice if at least 1 of those head-liner bonus babies from the 2014 July 2nd IFA turned out to be a star. He's still very young, but his power is undeniable.
    Yea, it would be great to see one of the big signings make it... I guess for now the pitching thing is on hold..
    BTW Nelson Gomez is even doing well ....

  10. #260
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Stephan got lit up, but Ruta went 3-7 with a BB tonight, and is currently hitting .421(!)

    Katoh hit his 5th HR of the year for SWB and currently leads the team with a 1.049 OPS.

    Josh Stowers went 1-2 to raise his AVG to .313, and swiped his 5th SB for Charleston before getting PH for. Hope he's alright...
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  11. #261
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Yea, it would be great to see one of the big signings make it... I guess for now the pitching thing is on hold..
    BTW Nelson Gomez is even doing well ....
    Regarding Nelson, I have read in a couple of spots around the web, that he may be able to stick at 3B, as his range is average, but he has soft hands and a solid arm. Hsi issue is also with the bat. Can he make enough contact to be a player, especially as he moves up the system.

  12. #262
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Stephan got lit up, but Ruta went 3-7 with a BB tonight, and is currently hitting .421(!)

    Katoh hit his 5th HR of the year for SWB and currently leads the team with a 1.049 OPS.

    Josh Stowers went 1-2 to raise his AVG to .313, and swiped his 5th SB for Charleston before getting PH for. Hope he's alright...
    Ruta is making himself into a very interesting prospect. A 30th round pick a couple of years ago, but the bat speaks for itself. Excellent speed. He has a decent eye, as further evidenced by having more walks than Ks so far this season.

    Worth following.

  13. #263
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Wonder if this with Dermis is for real, or just a hot streak. It would be nice if at least 1 of those head-liner bonus babies from the 2014 July 2nd IFA turned out to be a star. He's still very young, but his power is undeniable.
    I would not take him serious until he has improved his K rate. This season his K rate is still over 30% which is the same as last two years.

  14. #264

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I would not take him serious until he has improved his K rate. This season his K rate is still over 30% which is the same as last two years.
    Agreed. I'm enjoying the early production but this gives me pause: 25 K, 4 BB.

  15. #265
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I would not take him serious until he has improved his K rate. This season his K rate is still over 30% which is the same as last two years.
    With his kind of power, that K rate is acceptable.

    That said, it would be nice of he drew a few more BBs.

  16. #266

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I would not take him serious until he has improved his K rate. This season his K rate is still over 30% which is the same as last two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post
    Agreed. I'm enjoying the early production but this gives me pause: 25 K, 4 BB.
    That's always been the issue for Dermis.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    With his kind of power, that K rate is acceptable.
    Yea, I don't think you can say that when he is doing this in the FSL.

    Unless he changes something that k-rate could and likely would balloon to an unsustainable percentage in MLB.

    He's still young in general, yes. But 21 in Hi-A is not really young for the league.

  17. #267

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Deivi Garcia: 5.2 IP, 3 R (1ER), 5 H, BB, 10 K (season high); 93 pitches (67 strikes).

  18. #268

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post
    Deivi Garcia: 5.2 IP, 3 R (1ER), 5 H, BB, 10 K (season high); 93 pitches (67 strikes).
    Deivi is why the emoji exists.

  19. #269
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes


    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  20. #270
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

    Gosuke has filled out so much in the past few years...Maybe a possible UTL , He has played SS , 3rd ,2nd, 1st, and LF...

  21. #271
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Gilliam went 3-3 tonight to raise his average to .375.

    Ruta went 0-2 to lower his average to .407, but also had 3 BB.

    Abreu was very poor and is off to a decidedly uninspiring start to the season.

    Orozco was outstanding through 6 for Charleston, but then fell apart in the 7th without recording an out.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  22. #272

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Seems like a lot more good than bad down on the farm
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

  23. #273

    Re: Yankees 2019 Minor League News And Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Deivi is why the emoji exists.
    If you hover over that emoji, it actually says, "Bored 2" despite it being a drool emoji. But I get what you are saying. Garcia's got some nasty stuff.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 5 guests)

  1. melkycano2228

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts