+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 155
  1. #126
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand
    ·
    23s
    Yo................omo Tsutsugo, the Japanese OF who will reportedly be posted by Yokohama next month, will be represented by Wasserman, per a source. A power-hitter who turns 28 in November, Tsutsugo has hit 185 HR over the past six seasons and owns a career .284/.382/.525 slash line.

  2. #127

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand
    ·
    23s
    Yo................omo Tsutsugo, the Japanese OF who will reportedly be posted by Yokohama next month, will be represented by Wasserman, per a source. A power-hitter who turns 28 in November, Tsutsugo has hit 185 HR over the past six seasons and owns a career .284/.382/.525 slash line.

    Corner OF though. Not a large need for us, especially with Frazier in the fold.

  3. #128
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand
    ·
    23s
    Yo................omo Tsutsugo, the Japanese OF who will reportedly be posted by Yokohama next month, will be represented by Wasserman, per a source. A power-hitter who turns 28 in November, Tsutsugo has hit 185 HR over the past six seasons and owns a career .284/.382/.525 slash line.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFortune3 View Post
    Corner OF though. Not a large need for us, especially with Frazier in the fold.
    Frazier’s history next year once he starts knocking the cover off the ball in Spring Training.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  4. #129

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Frazier’s history next year once he starts knocking the cover off the ball in Spring Training.

    Even if he is, you still have Hicks, Judge, Stanton all with the team long term. Then you have Tauchman, if Andujar comes back strong that potentially pushes Urshela to the OF as well.


    Amburgey is knocking on the door as well. Who knows if they plan to bring back Gardner or Maybin.

  5. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFortune3 View Post
    Even if he is, you still have Hicks, Judge, Stanton all with the team long term. Then you have Tauchman, if Andujar comes back strong that potentially pushes Urshela to the OF as well.


    Amburgey is knocking on the door as well. Who knows if they plan to bring back Gardner or Maybin.
    Andujar should not move Urshela off 3rd

  6. #131
    Member
    Silas Barnaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ventura

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Agree that this guy is likely not worth the roster gymnastics it would take to make room.

  7. #132
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    He's more like a DH in MLB.

  8. #133

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Andujar should not move Urshela off 3rd

    It depends upon how you view the 2. Is Andujar still viewed as a potential centerpiece? Do you see Urshela as having a fluke year?



    Given the Yankees history, I would guess that Andujar gets the nod at 3B, Urshela is the utility guy with a move to OF to get him so PT when they rotate the DH spot.

  9. #134

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    This might not be very popular of an idea, but does Andujar have any options left? If he does, can the Yankees use his surgery rehab and long time off games as an excuse to start him in the minors so they can see if Urshela was a fluke at the beginning of next year? If he was actually a fluke, Andujar can be recalled when his rehab is complete...if not, let Andujar practice 1B in the minors or something.

  10. #135

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    This might not be very popular of an idea, but does Andujar have any options left? If he does, can the Yankees use his surgery rehab and long time off games as an excuse to start him in the minors so they can see if Urshela was a fluke at the beginning of next year? If he was actually a fluke, Andujar can be recalled when his rehab is complete...if not, let Andujar practice 1B in the minors or something.

    He was added to the 40 man in 2016, made his ML debut in 2017 after 7 games in AAA.
    He should have 2 more options remaining.


    Doubt he's going down to the minors.

  11. #136
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Andujar should not move Urshela off 3rd
    If Andújar comes back, that should push Andújar to the outfield.

  12. #137
    Member
    Silas Barnaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ventura

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    I didn't think Andujar was going to get the Yankees comfortable with his defense at 3B before he hurt his throwing shoulder.

    I could see Andujar learning 1B and OF in spring training and then getting some time in Scranton to start the season. Maybe long enough to get that year of service time back!

  13. #138
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency


  14. #139
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    A bunch of late signings from August and September showcases.

    RHP Franklin Corniel..18 6-2 165

    RHP Sabastian Perrone...19 5-11 180

    RHP Daniel Salas...16 6-3 189

    LHP Pedro Rodreguez 17 5-11 145

    RHP Juan Espana...17 5-9 145

    RHP Rubin Castillio... 18 6-1 160

    RHP Jose Guzman...18 5-11 185

    RHP Ricardo Alfaro...18 6-5 175

    C Manuel Palencia...17 RHH 6-0 175

    C Oscar Silverio...19 LHH 5-9 170

    C Jose Heredia...19 RHH 5-9 182

    CF Ceasar Sanchez... 16 LHH 5-10 190

    SS Darwin Castillio...16 RHH 5-10 153

    2B Amauris De Los Santos...17 RHH 5-9 174

  15. #140

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand
    ·
    23s
    Yo................omo Tsutsugo, the Japanese OF who will reportedly be posted by Yokohama next month, will be represented by Wasserman, per a source. A power-hitter who turns 28 in November, Tsutsugo has hit 185 HR over the past six seasons and owns a career .284/.382/.525 slash line.
    Worth a shot since he would presumably come with minor league options and OF injuries will undoubtedly happen. Could be some good depth. If someone is going to break the bank and guarantee playing time, let them, but could be an interesting option.

  16. #141
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    A bunch of late signings from August and September showcases.

    RHP Franklin Corniel..18 6-2 165

    RHP Sabastian Perrone...19 5-11 180

    RHP Daniel Salas...16 6-3 189

    LHP Pedro Rodreguez 17 5-11 145

    RHP Juan Espana...17 5-9 145

    RHP Rubin Castillio... 18 6-1 160

    RHP Jose Guzman...18 5-11 185

    RHP Ricardo Alfaro...18 6-5 175

    C Manuel Palencia...17 RHH 6-0 175

    C Oscar Silverio...19 LHH 5-9 170

    C Jose Heredia...19 RHH 5-9 182

    CF Ceasar Sanchez... 16 LHH 5-10 190

    SS Darwin Castillio...16 RHH 5-10 153

    2B Amauris De Los Santos...17 RHH 5-9 174
    Thanks. Any scouting reports?
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  17. #142
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Thanks. Any scouting reports?
    Not yet..Stay tuned...

  18. #143
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency


    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  19. #144
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post

    Good deal. We get International Slot Money AND get to face a crappy pitcher when we play the Mariners.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

  20. #145
    Member
    Silas Barnaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ventura

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post

    Nicely done. Maybe they'll get something for Bird too.

  21. #146

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post


    The Mariners are the gift that keeps on giving.


  22. #147
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFortune3 View Post
    The Mariners are the gift that keeps on giving.

    Dipoto : Yankee AAAA players :: Tyrone Biggums : crack

  23. #148
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    I think that money has to be spent on this years crop?

  24. #149
    Member
    Silas Barnaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ventura

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I think that money has to be spent on this years crop?
    I think so. Though it seems like there are stragglers every year. Or maybe they poach someone signed under a 2020 deal.

  25. #150

    Re: 2019 International Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Dipoto : Yankee AAAA players :: Tyrone Biggums : crack

    So true.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts