+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15
    Devoted Member

Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

Good looking out, Yankyfan.
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

NYYF Legend

BA's sleeper list for the "19" draft has Nelson Alvarez listed 6th. The 6-4 flamethrower with an improving slider. Swing and miss "Stuff".

NYYF Legend

Whoever we draft. Just don't allow Oppenheimer to make the decision.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

If the Yankees sign one of the Qualifying Offer free agents they would forfeit both their second- and fifth-highest selections in the 2020 draft and forfeit $1MM of international funds.

Signing a second would result in the loss of their third- and sixth-highest picks, plus another $1MM in international funds.

I would be perfectly fine with Cole or Strasburg and I think Bumgarner and Odorizzi are likely not worth that penalty plus their contracts.

What about Wheeler?

The way the Yankees draft, losing second and fifth round picks might be worse than losing their first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby View Post
    If the Yankees sign one of the Qualifying Offer free agents they would forfeit both their second- and fifth-highest selections in the 2020 draft and forfeit $1MM of international funds.

Signing a second would result in the loss of their third- and sixth-highest picks, plus another $1MM in international funds.

I would be perfectly fine with Cole or Strasburg and I think Bumgarner and Odorizzi are likely not worth that penalty plus their contracts.

What about Wheeler?

The way the Yankees draft, losing third and sixth round picks might be worse than losing their first round pick.
    Doesn't their first round pick get pushed back ten spots if they sign Cole or Strasburg and little salary relief from trading any players?
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Doesn't their first round pick get pushed back ten spots if they sign Cole or Strasburg and little salary relief from trading any players?
    Only if they go over the threshold by $40M, which they shouldn't even with Cole or Strasburg.

NYYF Legend

I Hope when this Astros thing comes to a head we get some comp pick or picks from it.

Thread Information