+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 357
  1. #51
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Another 3B (or 1B in the future).

  2. #52
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Who are you hoping they draft BB?
    I'd love it if they had a covert agreement with Leiter but not sure that is all too likely.

    They seem to be connected to mostly hitters, so if that is the route they want to go either Callihan or Toglia. Misner scares me, college guy who has a very spotty track record.

    Some of the other intriguing guys that had been linked in the past seem to be rising. Lot of buzz that Baty could go early as an underslot guy. Cavaco has been surging a lot lately.

    Possible to maybe get both Callihan and Toglia with Toglia probably available at 38.

  3. #53
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    30. Yankees – Anthony Volpe, SS, Delbarton HS (NJ)
    The Yankees have also been tied to Lugo, Misner, and Drey Jameson at their next pick, and Rece Hinds at the pick after that. New Jersey prep RHP Jack Leiter (Volpe’s teammate) could also fit here among very few other spots, though he’s the most likely top talent to go to college based on his $4 million-plus asking price.

    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/mock-dra...he-morning-of/

  4. #54
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    30. New York Yankees: Ryan Jensen, RHP Fresno State---New Name

    Keith Law's 2019 MLB Mock Draft 3.1

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/26881772

  5. #55
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    by Mike Axisa
    @mikeaxisa

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...s-a-few-spots/

    30

    Pick: 3B Tyler Callihan, Providence HS (Florida)

    It will almost certainly be a bat for the Yankees with this pick. If not Callihan, an older high schooler with Yankee Stadium friendly left-handed power, then it could be Missouri's Kameron Misner or Florida high schooler Rece Hinds. Gunnar Henderson, Kody Hoese, and Corbin Carroll would all be of interest here should they make it this far. Given the board and given the buzz, a bat looks likely here ...

    ... unless the Yankees take a shot at New Jersey high schooler Jack Leiter. The Yankees acquired the Reds' competitive-balance pick (No. 38) in the Sonny Gray trade and have a larger than expected $7.5 million bonus pool. Leiter is the son of longtime big leaguer Al Leiter, and also one of the best high school pitchers in the country. He is strongly committed to Vanderbilt, however, and unconfirmed rumors says he is only willing to sign with New York. If the Yankees do take Leiter, you can be sure they'll have a firm grasp on his signability or even have a (technically illegal) pre-draft agreement in place. They're not going to wing it with roughly $2.4 million in slot money on the line.

    First mock draft pick: 3B Kody Hoese, Tulane
    Second mock draft pick: Callihan

  6. #56
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    by Mike Axisa
    @mikeaxisa

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...s-a-few-spots/

    30

    Pick: 3B Tyler Callihan, Providence HS (Florida)

    It will almost certainly be a bat for the Yankees with this pick. If not Callihan, an older high schooler with Yankee Stadium friendly left-handed power, then it could be Missouri's Kameron Misner or Florida high schooler Rece Hinds. Gunnar Henderson, Kody Hoese, and Corbin Carroll would all be of interest here should they make it this far. Given the board and given the buzz, a bat looks likely here ...

    ... unless the Yankees take a shot at New Jersey high schooler Jack Leiter. The Yankees acquired the Reds' competitive-balance pick (No. 38) in the Sonny Gray trade and have a larger than expected $7.5 million bonus pool. Leiter is the son of longtime big leaguer Al Leiter, and also one of the best high school pitchers in the country. He is strongly committed to Vanderbilt, however, and unconfirmed rumors says he is only willing to sign with New York. If the Yankees do take Leiter, you can be sure they'll have a firm grasp on his signability or even have a (technically illegal) pre-draft agreement in place. They're not going to wing it with roughly $2.4 million in slot money on the line.

    First mock draft pick: 3B Kody Hoese, Tulane
    Second mock draft pick: Callihan
    I would be very upset if Corbin Carroll falls that far but just before the Yankees pick.

  7. #57
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    It's really an absolute joke that teams can't trade up or down in the draft.

  8. #58
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    It's really an absolute joke that teams can't trade up or down in the draft.
    I don't understand the logic. Sure, you want the bad teams to have access to the best player, but those assets could be used on more advanced prospects or a player to put a team over the top. I am sure the Rays would exploit it if they could.

  9. #59
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    I love that the value squeezed out of the Sonny Gray trade might allow the Yankees to take a kid like Leiter.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  10. #60

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    It's really an absolute joke that there is a draft.
    One day...one day

  11. #61
    I'm Running For President! NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I love that the value squeezed out of the Sonny Gray trade might allow the Yankees to take a kid like Leiter.
    Yep, it was a really sharp move by Cashman.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  12. #62
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I love that the value squeezed out of the Sonny Gray trade might allow the Yankees to take a kid like Leiter.
    Not to mention Stowers is actually having a decent season.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  13. #63
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    BA and Kiley both have Volpe at 30

  14. #64
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    BA and Kiley both have Volpe at 30
    another Kyle Holder. ?

  15. #65
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    And away we go.....

  16. #66
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Clid

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Dream case, for me anyway lol

    1st pick Baty
    1Sup Lieter

  17. #67
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Nothing strange through 7.

    This is where the draft can’t start to go in different directions.

  18. #68
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    30. New York Yankees: Ryan Jensen, RHP Fresno State---New Name

    Keith Law's 2019 MLB Mock Draft 3.1

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/26881772
    We have had good luck with FS

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Mets take Brett Baty.

  20. #70
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    Dream case, for me anyway lol

    1st pick Baty
    1Sup Lieter
    Dream draft for me would be Rutledge and Leiter..

  21. #71
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    Mets take Brett Baty.
    Glad he's off the board..

  22. #72

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    I'm sure this is lazy on my part, but is competitive balance also tonight?

  23. #73

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    Mets take Brett Baty.
    Mets did really well here; Baty can really hit!

  24. #74
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I'm sure this is lazy on my part, but is competitive balance also tonight?
    Going through Compensation Round tonight.

    Total of 78 picks.

    Yankees at 30, 38, and 67.

  25. #75

    Re: 2019 MLB Draft..

    Who do we want at 30 and 38?

    I know Leiter is supposedly someone we have sights on and good chance we get him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts