+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: London Series

Devoted Member

Re: London Series

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I went to the West Ham United web site (because London Stadium is their home pitch). I did a search for tickets for a soccer match and I was able to access a pick-your-seat map just like Ticketmaster has for Yankees games. So then you can roll the mouse over the available seats and it shows the row & seat number just like in Yankee Stadium

P.S. I see that tickets for these games are already for sale on StubHub.
    Do you mind providing link to chart with rows and seats. i could not find. i tried calling West Ham and the rep on the phone said the seating would be different for baseball and that he could not help me

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Do you mind providing link to chart with rows and seats. i could not find. i tried calling West Ham and the rep on the phone said the seating would be different for baseball and that he could not help me
    https://www.whufc.com/tickets/match-tickets

Then pick a game from the schedule and it will lead you to the seating chart to select your seats. You might need to have a ticketmaster.uk account to access it.

Yes some of the seats will be different because they will add premium seats next to the field for baseball. But the permanent seats in the upper decks will be the same.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Devoted Member

https://www.whufc.com/tickets/match-tickets

Then pick a game from the schedule and it will lead you to the seating chart to select your seats. You might need to have a ticketmaster.uk account to access it.

Yes some of the seats will be different because they will add premium seats next to the field for baseball. But the permanent seats in the upper decks will be the same.
    Thanks. Had to create a West Ham account in order to view

Does anyone here know which side the Yankees dugout will be on? Some stadiums like Wrigley, AT&T Park, & Oakland have the visitors on the 1B side so I wasn't sure.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    Does anyone here know which side the Yankees dugout will be on? Some stadiums like Wrigley, AT&T Park, & Oakland have the visitors on the 1B side so I wasn't sure.
    Yankees will be on the third-base side.

NYYF Cy Young

I just tried to buy tickets during the presale but was unable...says no tickets available
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    I just tried to buy tickets during the presale but was unable...says no tickets available
    Yes I looked just out curiosity to see what was available and I got that same result. I thought I might have been doing something wrong, but you got it too.

They must be holding back a lot of tickets for the general public sale.

Devoted Member

Yes I looked just out curiosity to see what was available and I got that same result. I thought I might have been doing something wrong, but you got it too.

They must be holding back a lot of tickets for the general public sale.
    I just checked for fun as well and it indicates

Please Note: Pre-reg tickets for both Saturday and Sunday games have sold out. General sale will open on Thursday 6th Dec at 10am GMT. Fans will be able to purchase tickets in all price categories on a first come, first served basis at ticketmaster.co.uk

Seems like they held back tickets from the general sale. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet but I wanted to get tickets just in case. Worst case they should sell at face value. A few tips of advice for anyone that plans to try for tickets on Thursday... Make sure to create a Ticketmaster UK account before the sale. Make sure to notify your bank or credit card before the purchase so that they don't block it as fraud. When on the delivery page you need to change the country to other and then select United States of America.

It was also helpful to look at the West Ham United seating chart as some sections in the upper deck appear to start at row 30. I created an account to gain access to their select a seat option.

It's unfortunate that MLB made the tickets so expensive. For 2 upper deck seats I paid about what it cost me to sit field OF for the ALDS.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    Seems like they held back tickets from the general sale. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet but I wanted to get tickets just in case. Worst case they should sell at face value. A few tips of advice for anyone that plans to try for tickets on Thursday... Make sure to create a Ticketmaster UK account before the sale. Make sure to notify your bank or credit card before the purchase so that they don't block it as fraud. When on the delivery page you need to change the country to other and then select United States of America.

It was also helpful to look at the West Ham United seating chart as some sections in the upper deck appear to start at row 30. I created an account to gain access to their select a seat option.

It's unfortunate that MLB made the tickets so expensive. For 2 upper deck seats I paid about what it cost me to sit field OF for the ALDS.
    Those are all VERY good tips. I found all of those things to be true when I bought mine. An e-mail from my bank popped up when I was right in the middle of the process to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent purchase, so I lost only a few seconds.

NYYF Legend

Sort of an off question. Does the Stadium in London for these games have a dome?. If it does not and either game gets rained out I would assume the game would be replayed at Fenway and everyone gets a ticket refund.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Sort of an off question. Does the Stadium in London for these games have a dome?. If it does not and either game gets rained out I would assume the game would be replayed at Fenway and everyone gets a ticket refund.
    I've had a hard time getting a straight answer to this from googling, photos seem to indicate a partial roof, so yeah, the games could be subject to rainout in that case.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-olympics-2012

NYYF Legend

What time are these games being played? I don't want my life inconvenienced by having them played in the morning (eastern time) or something. It's bad enough having to endure the West Coast games.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It is the typical English soccer stadium - it has a roof that covers the seating areas but not the field. So it's not a "dome" as we think of it. Picture it like the former Dallas Cowboys stadium that had the opening in the roof.

Also on the question about the game times:
    Saturday June 29 6:10 pm London time = 1:10 pm New York time
    Sunday June 30 3:10 pm London time = 10:10 am New York time

Devoted Member

Has anybody tried the general public sale this morning?

Devoted Member

At 5:30 i was able to search but Ticketmaster could not find any seats. By 6:30 they had a message that no seats left

Im honestly still surprised they allowed Yankee STH same chance to buy as Bos STH.

Thread Information