+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Just a word to the wise, we're a little leery here of people who post in colors other than black. Even if it's symbolic of their favorite team/political party/Crayola color.
    And even more if they think the Yankees centerfielder's name is a possessive.

NYYF Legend

Re: Hello my Yankee friends!

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    And even more if they think the Yankees centerfielder's name is a possessive.
    Who can forget Bubba Crosbys'
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Who can forget Bubba Crosbys'
    I always wondered what Bernie William's last name was.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Just a word to the wise, we're a little leery here of people who post in colors other than black. Even if it's symbolic of their favorite team/political party/Crayola color.
    It's becoming clear to me that this forum is not a very inclusive group but one looking for like-minded viewpoints. If I'm mistaken, I'd like a moderator to reply here or I'd prefer you PM me. Thank you, everyone.
    Ken Fougère

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I always wondered what Bernie William's last name was.
    There's always baseball reference. I think the web address is IMDb or something.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fougère View Post
    It's becoming clear to me that this forum is not a very inclusive group but one looking for like-minded viewpoints. If I'm mistaken, I'd like a moderator to reply here or I'd prefer you PM me. Thank you, everyone.
    I beg to differ. I've been here for almost 20 years and different viewpoints are welcomed, discussed, and argued about constantly. However, don't get confused - it's a forum about the Yankees, your "bitter" rivals. (Your description, not mine.)

In all fairness, you came on a bit strong in your 2nd post:

Especially when in 2004, the Red Sox made MLB playoff history as the first team ever to come back from a 0-3 games deficit to win the American League Championship Series. Oh, BTW, their opponent was the New York Yankees. That historic comeback enabled them to go on to win their first World Series in 86 years by sweeping the Cardinals. The Red Sox followed up their 2004 Championship with World Series titles in 2007, 2013 and 2018.
    When you chose to recap Red Sox history for a bunch of Yankee fans, how did you think that would be received? IMO you came off a bit antagonizing, disrespectful, & condescending. If you really want to feel "included", I'm sure you can correct this going forward.

I anticipate your "not-like-minded" response.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Use common sense. If you come to Yankee Stadium dressed in all your Red Sox garb, then cheer wildly when the Sox are winning, you're not going to be very welcome there. Same goes here. This is Yankee forum, so you're in enemy territory. Engage in civil discussion among some very knowledgeable Yankee fans, and also a few good Red Sox fans who have been here for years and you'll be well received and have a good time. Don't troll or otherwise poke at the Yankee fans.....and lose the red ink.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I beg to differ. I've been here for almost 20 years and different viewpoints are welcomed, discussed, and argued about constantly. However, don't get confused - it's a forum about the Yankees, your "bitter" rivals. (Your description, not mine.)

In all fairness, you came on a bit strong in your 2nd post:

When you chose to recap Red Sox history for a bunch of Yankee fans, how did you think that would be received? IMO you came off a bit antagonizing, disrespectful, & condescending. If you really want to feel "included", I'm sure you can correct this going forward.

I anticipate your "not-like-minded" response.
    Your point is well taken and understood.
    Again, I don't hate the Yankees at all. In fact, I respect everything about them. How could any true baseball fan not? I've experienced the heartache of the first 40 years of my life. Which, in turn, allowed me to appreciate & enjoy the complete reversal of fortune this century. Like I originally said, I celebrate this incredible, "Bitter Rivalry". Which is the best in all of sports.

BTW, am I to understand that posting in any color other than black is somehow "suspicious" and unacceptable here? If it is, why have the option available at all?
    Ken Fougère

Never could understand why a Pink Sox fan would post on a Yankee site.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

BTW, am I to understand that posting in any color other than black is somehow "suspicious" and unacceptable here? If it is, why have the option available at all?
    It's acceptable, and I wouldn't go so far as to call it suspicious, but it IS noteworthy. One notorious user, who is no longer a member of our community, used to post in an off-color. So, it's a bit of a warning flag.

Like Bub said, your input is welcome here. But it IS a forum for Yankee fans, so use a little bit of judgement as you post.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    It's acceptable, and I wouldn't go so far as to call it suspicious, but it IS noteworthy. One notorious user, who is no longer a member of our community, used to post in an off-color. So, it's a bit of a warning flag.

Like Bub said, your input is welcome here. But it IS a forum for Yankee fans, so use a little bit of judgement as you post.
    I understand.
    Ken Fougère

Thread Information