+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Ticket strip refund?

I hate having to ask this, but does anyone know about when I should expect a refund for the postseason ticket strip? I remember people complaining it takes a long time?

Devoted Member

Re: Ticket strip refund?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I hate having to ask this, but does anyone know about when I should expect a refund for the postseason ticket strip? I remember people complaining it takes a long time?
    If I remember from last year if the refund is applied to next years invoice it was only a couple of weeks. If you are getting a refund to credit card it took 4-6 weeks

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    If I remember from last year if the refund is applied to next years invoice it was only a couple of weeks. If you are getting a refund to credit card it took 4-6 weeks
    That is exactly as I remember it too. The Yanks played later into the month last year, so it got credited to my 2018 invoice after the November 2017 payment was due, not in time to cover the November payment. I ended up with a net credit on my account going into 2018.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    That is exactly as I remember it too. The Yanks played later into the month last year, so it got credited to my 2018 invoice after the November 2017 payment was due, not in time to cover the November payment. I ended up with a net credit on my account going into 2018.
    I always take the 4 payment plan. That way the credit always gets applied to the current invoice.

I chose to get the money refunded to my credit card. My ticket plan was cheaper than the strips. If they donít refund my credit card in the next 10 days I plan to dispute the charges so I donít have to pay the credit card bill for the unplayed games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I chose to get the money refunded to my credit card. My ticket plan was cheaper than the strips. If they donít refund my credit card in the next 10 days I plan to dispute the charges so I donít have to pay the credit card bill for the unplayed games.
    yeh, i did that once (dispute the charge) and it created an issue with my account and I actually had to speak with an accountant with the yankees to resolve everything. i just apply the credit to my invoice which is on the 4 payment plan. not sure if it will apply to the late Oct due date or the late Nov due date

Devoted Member

To clarify what happened with me last year:
    I was on a 4-payment plan. Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec. 2017 for my 2018 tickets.
    Yanks were eliminated Oct.21
    There was enough refund credit due to my account to cover both my November and December payments if I had received the credit on time.
    However, the Yankees dragged their feet with the credit/refund so that I had to pay the November auto-payment myself.
    The refund credit came later and covered the balance of the December payment, but left me with an account credit going into 2018.

It was not a problem but it was just annoying. I would have preferred not to have to pay November or December and not to have the Yankees holding my money. In fact I did not use up that credit until I paid the invoice for my 2019 tickets, so the Yankees had my money for about 9 months.
    Last edited by JimmyA; 10-11-18 at 01:18 PM.

I've done the dispute with cc company before and it caused no issues with my account. The disputed amount lets you pay your cc company less now and eventually the Yankees issue the credit to your cc company and it matches up.

Any other company in America issues refunds in about 2 to 5 working days, the Yankees take about 4 to 6 weeks.

They have very sticky fingers with this money. You will need to call/email your rep ASAP and inform the rep you want a refund to your credit card. If you wait for them, you will have a long wait.

I got the email from the Yankees that my single game buys for the ALCS will be refunded by TM. Unfortunately, the credit card cycle already closed, and the bill has been paid... So I carry a credit on my credit card for about a month...

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    They have very sticky fingers with this money. You will need to call/email your rep ASAP and inform the rep you want a refund to your credit card. If you wait for them, you will have a long wait.
    I did email him with no response. I wonder if they had the week off? I will be calling the main number tomorrow

I did email him with no response. I wonder if they had the week off? I will be calling the main number tomorrow
    Yes, they owe the customers big $$$ in refunds so of course they would take the week off or not respond to email. Stay on it until they do the right thing.

Devoted Member

If you are waiting for a refund to your credit card, don't expect it until the November billing cycle. If you are waiting for a credit to your Yankees account, you will probably have to keep hounding your rep.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    If you are waiting for a refund to your credit card, don't expect it until the November billing cycle. If you are waiting for a credit to your Yankees account, you will probably have to keep hounding your rep.

My rep told me last week credits are applied 4-6 weeks after the World Series..He said it
    was an MLB policy...

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    My rep told me last week credits are applied 4-6 weeks after the World Series..He said it
    was an MLB policy...
    My rep told me something similar but it is not MLB policy. Each team's policies are at this link:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/postseason-refund

"a refund or credit will be issued according to the applicable refund policy of the Yankees."

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    My rep told me something similar but it is not MLB policy. Each team's policies are at this link:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/postseason-refund

"a refund or credit will be issued according to the applicable refund policy of the Yankees."
    Thanks for that info... Why he told me 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the World Series is
    ridiculous. I have no hope it will be credited to the November payment, but it certainly should go towards Dec 1 payment.

Here is the correct link, I posted the Yankees link above

https://www.mlb.com/tickets/postseason-refunds

my Tickemaster ALCS refunds have not processed yet which is strange as last years world series refunds processed in 24-48 hours. time for a call i guess

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    my Ticketmaster ALCS refunds have not processed yet which is strange as last years world series refunds processed in 24-48 hours. time for a call i guess

It's possible that the system is so stupid that refunds cannot be given until all LCS games have been played...

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    It's possible that the system is so stupid that refunds cannot be given until all LCS games have been played...
    When the Yankees lost home field advantage for the DS and CS, my Ticketmaster refunds were issued within 24 - 48 hours so the system cannot be too stupid...

my alcs hasnt been refunded yet either.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    When the Yankees lost home field advantage for the DS and CS, my Ticketmaster refunds were issued within 24 - 48 hours so the system cannot be too stupid...
    Ticketmaster refunds for the ALCS were posted to my credit card account today,

Ticketmaster refunds for the ALCS were posted to my credit card account today,

Yep. Me, too. Wasn't there this morning, but it's there now.

I hate getting these refunds, much rather be going to games and paying.

Well, the refund posted the day after the ALCS was completed. Coincidence? Or not?

Thread Information