+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 944
  1. #1

    Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    May as well start this one now:

    • Improve overall team OBP (Harper?)
    • Rebuild starting rotation (trade for Bumgarner, think big)
    • Shore up defense (trade Sanchez. Move Andujar to DH full-time, sign either Donaldson or Machado to play 3B)
    • Let Gardner and CC walk. Investigate Stanton trade to Dodgers.
    • Revamp coaching staff (would like to replace Boone too, but Cashman will never do it).
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  2. #2

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Give me Harper or give me death!
    #HarperWatch

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    May as well start this one now:

    • Improve overall team OBP (Harper?)
    • Rebuild starting rotation (trade for Bumgarner, think big)
    • Shore up defense (trade Sanchez. Move Andujar to DH full-time, sign either Donaldson or Machado to play 3B)
    • Let Gardner and CC walk. Investigate Stanton trade to Dodgers.
    • Revamp coaching staff (would like to replace Boone too, but Cashman will never do it).
    Trade Sanchez? Who's your catcher. Come on. That's ridiculous

  4. #4
    The Best Ever ! jnewmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Stax 1966

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Figure out what the #$%^ is going on with Sevy. Is he really tipping pitches ? Find some batting coach who excels in teaching how to hit with RISP.
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

  5. #5

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Getting some guys that can hit for average should be a big priority. OBP is definitely more important, but a bunch of high K, low average hitters doesn’t work.

  6. #6
    NYYF Triple Crown

    CyYoung4Vazquez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    UES

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Having reset the tax they can’t beat that drum anymore. Get Corbin and Machado.


  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post
    Having reset the tax they can’t beat that drum anymore. Get Corbin and Machado.
    That's sorta where my head is at. But what do you do with andujar?

  8. #8

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    Trade Sanchez? Who's your catcher. Come on. That's ridiculous
    Yeah, what was I thinking. How can this team possibly survive without a .180 hitter who couldn't block a beachball in the dirt...
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  9. #9
    The King dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Dont hold your breath on Hal spending big. I am not convinced. All we hear him say is he doesnt believe a team needs a $200M payroll to win a title. That should tell you where his mindset is. I can see him wanting to stay under the tax threshold.

  10. #10

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Getting some guys that can hit for average should be a big priority. OBP is definitely more important, but a bunch of high K, low average hitters doesn’t work.
    I agree, team needs more average guys, and as a result OBP will be better
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Yeah, what was I thinking. How can this team possibly survive without a .180 hitter who couldn't block a beachball in the dirt...
    I don't think he's a .180 hitter and I think with work he can improve defensively. I'm not trading him especially now when his value is at his lowest. I just don't see it.

  12. #12
    Booney SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    -Get a new hitting and pitching coach

    -Find a team Stanton would agree to be traded to. Likely Dodgers

    -Do not re-sign CC, Gardner and McCutchen

    -I'm still holding on to Bird. Voit could be just a fluke

    -Sign a starter, trade for a starter, let Sheffield or whatever other kid compete for the 5th starter spot

    -I would like a hitter or two that hits for average but the GM doesn't care about such things.

    -Not sure what to do with Andujar. He could get a TOR pitcher but who?

  13. #13
    Bring on October!! nyyfanatic85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Where Word Travels Faster Than Light

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    A dominant, big-game pitcher MUST be at the top of the list. I want them to go hard after Bumgarner or Corbin. Everyone loves to trumpet the bullpen being the most important, but I firmly believe that a #1 starting pitcher will set the tone for the entire rotation and pitching staff. Even more, they will win you games when it counts!
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Getting some guys that can hit for average should be a big priority. OBP is definitely more important, but a bunch of high K, low average hitters doesn’t work.
    This, but don't count on "3-outcome" Cashman having an epiphany any time soon.

  15. #15

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    The team needs to focus, on a whole, on hitting line drives and in general putting the ball in play. Consistent traffic is better than the solo shot, and sets up the big Inning
    #HarperWatch

  16. #16

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Starting pitching please. Kershaw if possible, but at least Corbin

    Extensions for Hicks and Didi

    Get some offensive depth for the rest days and injuries.

    I still can’t decide if Machado is the right move, really on the fence there but leaning towards going pitching heavy instead and hoping the offensive talent we have comes through when it matters and complementing that with good role players and midseason acquisitions

  17. #17

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    I posted this in Baseball News thread-

    If the Yankees don't rally tonight they will have only one more year, 2019, to make a WS appearance in each decade since the 1910's. 100 years worth of at least once a decade of WS appearances since the 1910's. Will they do it next year in the last year of the 2010's?

  18. #18

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    1) Ditch the "chicks dig the long ball approach"
    2) Have all our hitters outside Judge/Stanton strike out less than 100 times
    3) Have Judge and Stanton strike out less than 125 times

  19. #19
    Booney SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Starting pitching please. Kershaw if possible, but at least Corbin

    Extensions for Hicks and Didi

    Get some offensive depth for the rest days and injuries.

    I still can’t decide if Machado is the right move, really on the fence there but leaning towards going pitching heavy instead and hoping the offensive talent we have comes through when it matters and complementing that with good role players and midseason acquisitions
    Hicks not getting an extension until they see what they have with Florial. imo

    And I think Didi age is going to work against him getting an extension.

  20. #20
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Start a kickstarter for Stanton’s head psychologist/peak performance coach, or have the Yankees hire Tony Robbins and make that for the entire offense. It really is all in the head.

  21. #21

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Not trading Andujar at his peak value will be a colossal mistake. The kid smacks the ball, but his undisciplined approach and horrendous defense won't change. Need to get what you can for him now.

    The real shame is that you can't get anything of value for Stanton.

  22. #22

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I don't think he's a .180 hitter and I think with work he can improve defensively. I'm not trading him especially now when his value is at his lowest. I just don't see it.
    I can guarantee you that our organization doesn't see it either. Gary will get at least until the break next year to show that this year was the exception not the rule. He swung the bat much better in the post-season, that give me hope.

  23. #23

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Start a kickstarter for Stanton’s head psychologist/peak performance coach, or have the Yankees hire Tony Robbins and make that for the entire offense. It really is all in the head.
    or Howard Spira him out of NY

  24. #24

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Not trading Andujar at his peak value will be a colossal mistake. The kid smacks the ball, but his undisciplined approach and horrendous defense won't change. Need to get what you can for him now.

    The real shame is that you can't get anything of value for Stanton.
    How has his value diminished at all? He had an unbelievable end to the regular season. If anything, his value is higher now than it was at the trade deadline.

  25. #25

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    or Howard Spira him out of NY
    Amazing that a guy who is so big consistently comes up so small

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 17 guests)

  1. matt2351
  2. yank4life2005
  3. Jburke
  4. JSG
  5. Ken711
  6. FelipePArantes
  7. apalradio
  8. X marked
  9. osuwarrior00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts