+ Reply to Thread
Page 1149 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 149 649 1049 1099 1139 1146 1147 1148 1149
Results 28,701 to 28,706 of 28706

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    The fact that Cashman spent a combined $21.5 million for LeMahieu and Gardner to play regularly in 2019 is inexcusable.

Can't even blame Hal - he actually opened up his wallet and allowed for a $220 million payroll.
    Cashman simply squandered the money he had at his disposal.
    Barely opening the wallet. Thats roughly the same payroll as the team had back in 2005!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    The fact that Cashman spent a combined $21.5 million for LeMahieu and Gardner to play regularly in 2019 is inexcusable.

Can't even blame Hal - he actually opened up his wallet and allowed for a $220 million payroll.
    Cashman simply squandered the money he had at his disposal.
    I blame Hal for self-imposing a salary cap when his team is making money hand over fist, but yes, I also blame Cashman for not using his budget wisely.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

God I hope this team wins the World Series.

NYYF Triple Crown

Sources told Passan that Chicago's offer to Machado could have been richer than San Diego's had the four-time All-Star reached certain incentives. The final offer from the White Sox was for eight years and $250 million, but the deal also included a pair of options that could have increased the total value to $320 million, according to Passan.
    Had Machado stayed healthy throughout the deal, the likelihood is that Chicago's offer would've been worth around $340 million, sources told Passan. Machado instead opted for the guaranteed money from San Diego.
    [

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Lee chose to re-sign with the Phillies because his son had cancer and he wanted to continue his treatment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lphia-phillies
    The Phillies stunned the baseball world when they lured Lee away from the Texas Rangers and out of the grasp of the New York Yankees with a $120 million, five-year contract. The left-hander took about $30 million less from the Phillies, spurning the bright lights of the Big Apple for the Liberty Bell and those famous cheesesteaks.
    "I like Philly cheesesteaks, but that had nothing to do with me coming back to Philadelphia," Lee said.
    Of course not. Clearly, money wasn't his top priority, either.
    Lee got a taste of the World Series with the Phillies in '09 and the Rangers last year. But he didn't win a title and he chose Philadelphia because he wants to get over that hump and celebrate a championship parade.
    "I could have gotten more money in other places. That really wasn't what it was all about for me," Lee said. "It was really three pretty good options to be honest with you. I just honestly stepped back and looked at each team and evaluated. I felt like this is the team that's going to give me the best chance to win a ring, and hopefully multiple rings. That was what the decision was based on.
    "Obviously, the fans had a lot to do with it. They sell out every game. A lot of the stadiums were packed. There was a lot of hype every game. It's a great feeling playing in that park, and I wanted to come back and do some more of it."
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanders#1 View Post
    If Im reading his thread correctly, and Id like to think I am, the Yankees are doomed because they didnt get Machado and Harper... so should the team just throw in the towel now and save everyone the hassle of playing the games this year?
    Wow. You're new here.

Just wait until you see the game thread when the Yankees are down 2-1 in the third inning of an April game. Doomed.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Thread Information