+ Reply to Thread
Page 1221 of 1221 FirstFirst ... 221 721 1121 1171 1211 1218 1219 1220 1221
Results 30,501 to 30,523 of 30523

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Keuchel is still available and has been keeping himself in shape by increasing his pitch count on his own. His ask has to be coming down. According to recent reports he’s been discussing with a few teams. If we’re not at least involved gonna be pissed. He would solidify this rotation and we’d be up there, overall as a team, with anyone else in baseball.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Keuchel is still available and has been keeping himself in shape by increasing his pitch count on his own. His ask has to be coming down. According to recent reports heís been discussing with a few teams. If weíre not at least involved gonna be pissed. He would solidify this rotation and weíd be up there, overall as a team, with anyone else in baseball.
    I don't know what his ask is, but I would think its above what Happ got. If it was around what Happ got, then I think he would have been signed by now.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

I donít think the Yankees want to give up a draft pick for Keuchel.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I donít think the Yankees want to give up a draft pick for Keuchel.
    I don't either. Keuchel is nice to have but he is no longer the TOR pitcher anymore. He could improve the team but I would rather wait until the draft pick compensation is lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    I don't know what his ask is, but I would think its above what Happ got. If it was around what Happ got, then I think he would have been signed by now.
    if it’s around or just above Happ he’s worth every penny. But he’s worth more. At worst he’s a number 3. And by June we’re going to be looking for pitching and will have to trade prospects or active players with a lot of value to land anyone. He’s sitting right there for money and a draft pick.

I don’t think the Yankees want to give up a draft pick for Keuchel.
    Keuchel is a player you surrender a draft pick for. It’s not like he’s a back end rotation guy. He could be an ace, but definitely a 2 or 3. He is what the Yankees need to sure up this team. He’s right there. We all know what the Yankees lack. It’s irritating me that he’s just sitting there.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

NYYF Legend

if itís around or just above Happ heís worth every penny. But heís worth more. At worst heís a number 3. And by June weíre going to be looking for pitching and will have to trade prospects or active players with a lot of value to land anyone. Heís sitting right there for money and a draft pick.

Keuchel is a player you surrender a draft pick for. Itís not like heís a back end rotation guy. He could be an ace, but definitely a 2 or 3. He is what the Yankees need to sure up this team. Heís right there. We all know what the Yankees lack. Itís irritating me that heís just sitting there.
    Well, my thinking is if they had any interest in Keuchel, they would have signed him instead of Gio. Iím guessing the plan is to go as far as they can with internal options (including Gio when he is ready) and then make a hard run at Bumgarner at the deadline. We shall see.

Well, my thinking is if they had any interest in Keuchel, they would have signed him instead of Gio. I’m guessing the plan is to go as far as they can with internal options (including Gio when he is ready) and then make a hard run at Bumgarner at the deadline. We shall see.
    see but we both agree they’re going to be looking for pitching. So my logic is pay for it and give up a draft pick now instead of giving up prospects and major league ready players later. Does that make sense? It seems like that would be the lesser hit to the team as far as resources go.

Why they’d have no interest is just silly to me. I can’t think of a single reason.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

NYYF Legend

If Houston is not interested in giving Keuchel a multi year contract, the Yankees shouldn't either. Houston is far better at evaluating and fixing pitchers than the Yankees.

Pass.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

There is merit in that logic. I just don’t understand what the deal is. The Yankees have the money and the tax room. I’d so much rather take care of it now with a minimal hit to our resources. I think it’s worth the gamble.

But i totally get that particular point of view.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    If Houston is not interested in giving Keuchel a multi year contract, the Yankees shouldn't either. Houston is far better at evaluating and fixing pitchers than the Yankees.

Pass.
    Thatís kind of where Iím at with Keuchel. Houston could really use another starter and they wouldnít have to give up a draft pick to sign him. The fact that theyíre not showing much interest in him strikes me as a red flag. I also assume he is asking for ace money when thatís no longer who he is.

Thatís kind of where Iím at with Keuchel. Houston could really use another starter and they wouldnít have to give up a draft pick to sign him. The fact that theyíre not showing much interest in him strikes me as a red flag. I also assume he is asking for ace money when thatís no longer who he is.
    do you think itís something other than money? He is a Boras guy.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

if it’s around or just above Happ he’s worth every penny. But he’s worth more. At worst he’s a number 3. And by June we’re going to be looking for pitching and will have to trade prospects or active players with a lot of value to land anyone. He’s sitting right there for money and a draft pick.

Keuchel is a player you surrender a draft pick for. It’s not like he’s a back end rotation guy. He could be an ace, but definitely a 2 or 3. He is what the Yankees need to sure up this team. He’s right there. We all know what the Yankees lack. It’s irritating me that he’s just sitting there.
    I'm with you on signing him, but he's 2 years out from being an ace with very concerning peripherals. He's a #3 and should be paid like one. 2-3 year deal at 17-20M/yr at most. That's not the kind of player you take a 6 year risk on unless he's super cheap ($12M/yr or something like that). Heck, he's going to miss a month or two of the regular season as it is.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Addicted Member

Yeah, I have to assume there is more going on here (like not being willing to lower his demands). Even with diminishing stuff, someone would want the guy. I wonder if Boras has convinced him to hold out and wait till June, when there will be no draft pick and he'll suddenly seem like a good deal when other pitchers will require assets in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Yeah, I have to assume there is more going on here (like not being willing to lower his demands). Even with diminishing stuff, someone would want the guy. I wonder if Boras has convinced him to hold out and wait till June, when there will be no draft pick and he'll suddenly seem like a good deal when other pitchers will require assets in a trade.
    If he waits till June, that's a lot of money. Half a season. If he gets even $20M/season, that's $10M for a draft pick. AND WOW, that's a lot of risk.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    If he waits till June, that's a lot of money. Half a season. If he gets even $20M/season, that's $10M for a draft pick. AND WOW, that's a lot of risk.
    Right, but teams are most desperate as you move toward the deadline, and he's going to be advantaged if he's "just cash" vs. giving up prospects. And there's no reason he can't get more than the $10 million.

I am not saying it's ideal, but at this point, it's more of a consideration than it was in February.

I'm with you on signing him, but he's 2 years out from being an ace with very concerning peripherals. He's a #3 and should be paid like one. 2-3 year deal at 17-20M/yr at most. That's not the kind of player you take a 6 year risk on unless he's super cheap ($12M/yr or something like that). Heck, he's going to miss a month or two of the regular season as it is.
    He's not even worth double the investment of Happ (something like 4 years $70 mil)? Every decision is a gamble. I think that would be beyond reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    He's not even worth double the investment of Happ (something like 4 years $70 mil)? Every decision is a gamble. I think that would be beyond reasonable.
    IDK, maybe.

4 years is about as far as he'll go with a relatively high AAV. He's already in decline. No one wants to pay him even $12M for age 36.

IDK, maybe.

4 years is about as far as he'll go with a relatively high AAV. He's already in decline. No one wants to pay him even $12M for age 36.
    If you want good player, you have to overpay on the backend. You donít just signed a player to a five-year deal where all five years are discounts. Or, you can just sit on the sidelines for all of free agency and make excuses all season. I think will be seeing a lot of the latter from Yankees management.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    If you want good player, you have to overpay on the backend. You donít just signed a player to a five-year deal where all five years are discounts. Or, you can just sit on the sidelines for all of free agency and make excuses all season. I think will be seeing a lot of the latter from Yankees management.
    No one is saying the first 3 years need to be a discount.

NYYF Legend

No one is saying the first 3 years need to be a discount.
    Yes, no discount. But you're not going to get the first 3 years at 'reasonable' price either. You have to overpay and then Hal would tell you thanks but no thanks because the AAV would jump up and the Yankees need to think of the luxury tax threshold. It's not 'reasonable' spending. The Yankees could win with 'reasonable' spending.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Yes, no discount. But you're not going to get the first 3 years at 'reasonable' price either. You have to overpay and then Hal would tell you thanks but no thanks because the AAV would jump up and the Yankees need to think of the luxury tax threshold. It's not 'reasonable' spending. The Yankees could win with 'reasonable' spending.
    He's not worth more than $17-20M/yr, especially 3 seasons from now. 3/60 is more than fair. Happ got 2/34 and isn't in alarming decline.

Mark Feinsand

Verified account

@Feinsand
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Source: Yankees have claimed RHP Jake Barrett off waivers from the Pirates. Since the start of February, Barrett has been with the D-Backs, Giants and Pirates. The 27-year-old has a 4.05 ERA in 103 career relief appearances with Arizona (2016-18).

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2016...e-jake-barrett

Jake Barrett, RHP, Arizona Diamondbacks
    Bats: R Throws: R HT: 6-3 WT: 230 DOB: July 22, 1991
    2013: Grade B-; 2014: Grade B-; 2015: Grade B-

Jake Barrett opened 2015 as the closer for Triple-A Reno. Although he collected 11 saves in 13 opportunities he was demoted to Double-A Mobile in late June and remained there the remainder of the year, mainly in a setup role. Barrett at his best has a 94-99 MPH fastball and a hard slider, but his stuff didnít seem as crisp last year and his command remains erratic. Iíve liked him quite a bit in the past as a relief prospect but his stock has declined with the stagnant season. Grade C+.

Thread Information