+ Reply to Thread
Page 1128 of 1128 FirstFirst ... 128 628 1028 1078 1118 1125 1126 1127 1128
Results 28,176 to 28,181 of 28181

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Not to mention that Andujar hit all season while Torres' production was never the same after he came back from his injury.
    I hope the reason why Gary stunk all year was due to injury. I really do. We need him to bounce back into a .280 30 HR big producer at the dish guy to hit behind Stanton and who can use the whole field. Also need him to use his glove and body like he did in the postseason.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I hope the reason why Gary stunk all year was due to injury. I really do. We need him to bounce back into a .280 30 HR big producer at the dish guy to hit behind Stanton and who can use the whole field. Also need him to use his glove and body like he did in the postseason.
    His BABIP was ridiculously low (.197), suggesting the struggles were at least partly due to horrible luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    His BABIP was ridiculously low (.197), suggesting the struggles were at least partly due to horrible luck.
    Or horrible approach, plate discipline and ability to hit breaking stuff low/away.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Or horrible approach, plate discipline and ability to hit breaking stuff low/away.
    This. He was simply awful against sliders last year. Now maybe the injury contributed to his struggles but Im not ready to write it all off to bad luck.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Sanchez, Stanton and Judge were all suckers for the slider. I don't know what it is was but it's like they all got together and made some sort of pact to swing at every single slider.

Stanton was the worst. Take a straight fastball down the middle for a strike, swing at a slider, take two pitches for a ball and swing at another down and away slider. Every single time. I remember he swung at one that was so low and away, his swing started when it was about 1 ft off the ground.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

And stop with that crazy open stance. No chance to hit the down and away pitch

Thread Information