+ Reply to Thread
Page 542 of 542 FirstFirst ... 42 442 492 532 539 540 541 542
Results 13,526 to 13,539 of 13539
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Just a thought:

Could the Yankees' sudden public interest in Machado be a negotiating strategy to make Harper jealous and lower his asking price so he can play for his beloved Yankees and become the new Mickey Mantle?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Top 10 and top 20 in what?
    I think he wants to put as many of the Top 20 starting pitchers in all of MLB into the Yankee rotation as possible. The poster is obviously a fantasy league player.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Just a thought:

Could the Yankees' sudden public interest in Machado be a negotiating strategy to make Harper jealous and lower his asking price so he can play for his beloved Yankees and become the new Mickey Mantle?

I doubt it. Boras is not one to let his client take a lower offer and I doubt that Harper would either.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sfischer89 View Post
    The only issue I have with this is trading Andujar for a half season of a starting pitcher. Kluber would be one thing but I would not give up that much value for a half season.
    This is a good point. If Clint Frazier proves he's ML-ready and healthy then he could become the headliner in a 1/2yr Bumgarner deal if Miggie's too much to give up at that point. I'd hope the rebuilding Giants would still entertain an offer of Frazier and some ML-ready pitching prospects, something the Yankees are rich in (i/e Montgomery, Loaisiga, German, Adams, King).

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Just a thought:

Let's say both end up the same asking price. I know Boras' is higher but just for fun who would we want on here?

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    I dont care--righty or lefty, gimme a guy who doesnt k much. Machado and Danny Murphy please.

I would like Machado of course. But I wouldn't say no to Murphy. At least he can hit in the playoffs and doesn't come up small....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    I doubt it. Boras is not one to let his client take a lower offer and I doubt that Harper would either.
    Just not sure he's worth more than the 10yr/$300M contract waiting for him in Washington. Not sure if any team owner is sure either.

Isn't it Cashman's job to try and sign him for less than he's asking for?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Let's say both end up the same asking price. I know Boras' is higher but just for fun who would we want on here?
    Very tough call. I could make good arguments for either one, against either one, and against both of them altogether, and this team can be a WS contender regardless. Lots of good options if you have money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post

Another free agent who has privately told people he’d like to be a Yankee is Daniel Murphy, who, as a lefthanded hitter who puts the ball in play and can fill in at second or first and will come fairly cheap, as in a two-year deal, would seem a perfect fit for them, especially if they can’t get Machado for something far less than 10 years/$300M.

Madden
    If we can't get Machado, this is the best idea I've seen yet, then slide Torres back to SS.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post

Isn’t Sevvy our 2nd TOR starter?
    YES, definitely, but I still wanted two more. Paxton is one, but I'd like another one.

I want three SP's I can matchup with any of the Bosox or Astros three and beat them.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    If we can't get Machado, this is the best idea I've seen yet, then slide Torres back to SS.
    Sounds pretty bad to me actually, you'd have terrible defense at 3rd 2b and 1b with a shaky defensive shortstop, that would go down as the worst defensive infield in baseball history

Designated for Assignment

Quote Originally Posted by 1stbase View Post
    Sounds pretty bad to me actually, you'd have terrible defense at 3rd 2b and 1b with a shaky defensive shortstop, that would go down as the worst defensive infield in baseball history
    This.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    YES, definitely, but I still wanted two more. Paxton is one, but I'd like another one.

I want three SP's I can matchup with any of the Bosox or Astros three and beat them.
    I think Paxton, Severino and Tanaka can matchup and beat either Boston or the Astros. I think Happ can beat either team too.

If Cashman is really getting two more relievers as he keeps saying, we will be super deep there again and only need 5-6 innings at most in playoff games. Last year there were only 20 AL pitchers who had 150+ innings and an ERA of 3.76 or better, 5 of those 20 are next year's Yankee rotation.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/pitchi...alse/minip/140

Thread Information