+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 504 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 69 119 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Boone's lack of experience isn't why he's not given more leeway. If that was the case, Girardi would still be here.

Apparently Dave Dave Dombrowski isn't that heavy with the analytics. He's more old school.

Cashman wants a puppet.
    Sorry, I wasn't disputing what you said. More like adding that Boone could use someone who has been thru a season before.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

NYYF Legend

I'm just hoping George King got his information from Boone, and Boone is about to have a bomb dropped on him.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Ortiz gap when it comes to power, the average is just an added bonus.
    That "added bonus"--as also re the HR and AVE numbers of Betts--is one of the reasons Boston is going to the ALCS (and maybe the WS) and the Yankees are going . . . home.

Especially with "Tipgate" what three times this year with Sevvy, there's no way they can keep Larry. He's bumbling around and not helping any of the pitchers
    #HarperWatch

The pitching coach is a mope. It’s been apparent for a while
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Designated for Assignment

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Jon Heyman: Yankees expected to target Patrick Corbin - via @Fancred

https://fancredsports.com/articles/j...get-patrick-co

Corbin also didn’t hurt his case when he said out loud how much he and his entire family love the Yankees. He grew up in upstate, New York, in the Syracuse area, which doesn’t hurt, either.
    If true, this will very likely go down as one of Cashman's biggest mistakes.

29-year old pitcher coming off a career year after a history of mediocrity and we're going to have to fork over at least 5 years/$100. What could possibly go wrong? Sweet Jesus....

Raise the goddamn bar already.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Cy Young

Bringing back the bench coach, hitting coach and pitching coach will lead to a repeat of this year. It would also suggest that the FO was fine with this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    That's not really all that fair a margin. That's like 1 extra run every 7 games (or really, one extra blowout on a season) and the majority of that delta can be attributed to 100+ Judge at bats being swapped out for the likes of Robinson and Walker. The Yankees' ALDS problem was less about the type of hitters this team had (the only one who showed up ready to hit was their best slugger) and more about bad pitching and bad management.
    We scored four runs in two games at home. Half of those in a Kimbrel meltdown. We scored 4 runs in the first game - with 22 Left on Base. That is insane.

Averaging 2 runs a game....I don't care who we pitched. (Though I agree that it was bad, and the management of the pitching was awful)
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    Bringing back the bench coach, hitting coach and pitching coach will lead to a repeat of this year. It would also suggest that the FO was fine with this year.
    It suggests that Cashman is just being Cashman: doubling down on bad decisions because it's beneath him to admit he made a mistake in assembling this staff last winter. Improving the team takes a back seat to his ego.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    Yankees attendance was up this season. That is what the FO cares about the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    Rumor has it that the D-back might break it down--if so i would love to take Robbie Ray off their hands.
    Sign Daniel Murphy to play first, Sign Corbin and trade for Ray.
    Resign Happ and Britton and lets goooo!

All mid tier starters and this is why we lost. The Yankees need a legit #1 starter that they have not had in years.

Sale was a huge mistake in not getting one of the top starters around. Anything less then a #1 won't be any different then what they have now.

Someone in the management needs to tell ownership they need to go in all costs on a legit #1 not these dime a dozen lance Lynn types that blow up every other game we have 6 of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    It suggests that Cashman is just being Cashman: doubling down on bad decisions because it's beneath him to admit he made a mistake in assembling this staff last winter. Improving the team takes a back seat to his ego.
    Yeah, keep pushing that false narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    @GeorgeAKingIII
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Unlike last year when the Yankees didn’t bring back several coaches all of Aaron Boone’s staff is expected back for the 2019 season.
    Oh no!!!!! Maybe Aaron Boone will take a course in "How To Run A Bullpen" on his winter vacation.

Yeah, keep pushing that false narrative.

False narrative? Cashman has been running this team for 19 years. When was the last time he admitted making a mistake?

Even George, despite his blather and legendary ego, would admit to mistakes.

I just saw a ticker on the Yes Network that Boone and Cashman will have a press conference at 12 noon tomorrow at Yankee Stadium. It will be televised on the Yes Network.

False narrative? Cashman has been running this team for 19 years. When was the last time he admitted making a mistake?

Even George, despite his blather and legendary ego, would admit to mistakes.
    He has admitted mistakes, but you haven't been paying attention as you're too consumed with your hatred for the man. He admitted this summer that Sonny Gray was a mistake, but he did so without throwing him under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by PatG View Post
    I just saw a ticker on the Yes Network that Boone and Cashman will have a press conference at 12 noon tomorrow at Yankee Stadium. It will be televised on the Yes Network.
    I noticed that when I was watching the Michael Kay Show so I'll be watching tomorrow. I hope the reporters ask some tough questions.

He has admitted mistakes, but you haven't been paying attention as you're too consumed with your hatred for the man.
    Provide links, and get off your high horse.

I don't "hate" the man. I don't even know him.
    I just dislike the way he runs a baseball team.

You get off your high horse. Go do a search on his comments about Sonny Gray, when they decided to remove him from the rotation. Also, read between the lines.

Same though
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

I noticed that when I was watching the Michael Kay Show so I'll be watching tomorrow. I hope the reporters ask some tough questions.
    I hope they ask some tough questions as well.

You get off your high horse. Go do a search on his comments about Sonny Gray, when they decided to remove him from the rotation. Also, read between the lines.
    You’re funny, in the Brian Cashman thread, you’re flaming him for his decisions but when I do it, it’s because “I’m consumed by hatred”. Hypocritical much?

NYYF Legend

The tweet that the entire staff is coming back isn’t helping me move on from this loss.

I was just watching a show on ESPN about the 1988 Dodgers. In the background in the clubhouse was a chalkboard, on it were the times for BP, pitcher warmups and game time.

All I could do is laugh.

You’re funny, in the Brian Cashman thread, you’re flaming him for his decisions but when I do it, it’s because “I’m consumed by hatred”. Hypocritical much?
    If you call my fair criticism "flaming" then I don't know what to tell you about the differences in our criticism.

I think overall Cashman has done a pretty good job, and I think George hindered his ability to build a good farm system. But he hasn't developed any pitching in 20 years. The 09 title was largely due to Stick Michael (Jeter, Rivera, and Pettite) and ownership spending on the premier FAs (CC, Tex, Matsui, and AJ).

I think he's done really well overall the last 3-4 years. But the Boone hiring appears to be a mistake, and there is still no homegrown pitching.

I'm generally happy with him as a GM, but he is hardly blameless