+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 50 51 52 53
Results 1,301 to 1,317 of 1317
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Slippery Rock (Pa.) State also a possibility.
    We're concentrating on the east, but I wouldn't be shocked if he graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Forum Regular

I am still against trading Adujar. I know this would be one of those trades that would be regretted for years. He is a great hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioYankee View Post
    I am still against trading Adujar. I know this would be one of those trades that would be regretted for years. He is a great hitter.
    He is a good hitter. Acuna, just to keep it to rookies, is a great hitter. If Andujar nets a great pitching talent, we would be better off. If he cant field, you need to be a much better hitter than he is, to be more valuable than a great pitcher, as a DH

Manny Machado, our lovable villain,
    Great Read and article by Dylan Hernandez. Opposing fans hate him but if He on our team, we loved him because of his talent.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...020-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Manny Machado, our lovable villain,
    Great Read and article by Dylan Hernandez. Opposing fans hate him but if He on our team, we loved him because of his talent.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...020-story.html

And we'd hate him the first time he fails to run out a ground ball with a game on the line.

This team doesn't need any more drama-filled loafers - especially one who will cost $30+ million a year. Let the Phillies sign him to be a role model for their young and impressionable roster.

If the Yankees are going to spend big in free agency, Harper is a far better fit for this team: superior OBP, LH-power bat and he'll play wherever the team needs him most.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    And we'd hate him the first time he fails to out a ground ball with a game on the line.

This team doesn't need any more drama-filled loafers - especially one who will cost $30+ million a year. Let the Phillies sign him to be a role model for their young and impressionable roster.

If the Yankees are going to spend big in free agency, Harper is a far better fit for this team: superior OBP, LH-power bat and he'll play wherever the team needs him most.
    Yes. Alot of young studs in our clubhouse now. Do not need Machado to poison things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    And we'd hate him the first time he fails to run out a ground ball with a game on the line.

100% agree. I see drama and a lot of BS tabloid crap with Machado. We can win without this guy. Harper would fit a big need.
    " You can't think and hit at the same time. "
    - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

I don't want Machado, but ya'll are seriously overplaying the impact Machado could possibly have on younger guys.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by billybojangles View Post
    100% agree. I see drama and a lot of BS tabloid crap with Machado. We can win without this guy. Harper would fit a big need.
    Absolutely, and if Cashman decides he really wants to shore up defense at 3B, he can sign Donaldson to a reasonable 1-2 year deal.

Additionally, I'm not a fan of moving Torres to SS in Didi's absence - keep him at 2B full-time and let him get the reps in that he will need in order to improve as a defender at that position. The Yankees don't need an all-star solution at SS until Didi returns - just a good defender, whether that be Wade, Torreyes, Hechavarria or someone from outside the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I don't want Machado, but ya'll are seriously overplaying the impact Machado could possibly have on younger guys.
    A-Rod part II

I'm worried about the impact on how much I enjoy watching the team.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    A-Rod part II
    That’s Stanton.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'm worried about the impact on how much I enjoy watching the team.
    Definitely don't like the guy, but if they sign him, I'd hope the winning overrides the distaste.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Definitely don't like the guy, but if they sign him, I'd hope the winning overrides the distaste.
    Machado is right handed. Especially with Didi out we need left handed hitters.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    We just need good hitters. Machado hits lefties and righties pretty evenly. In addition, Machado hit righties significantly better than Didi did. He's just a much better hitter.

This whole handedness thing is out of control.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Especially in YSIII, which favors LH power.

Yankee Stadium is LITERALLY built for left handed home run hitters. With half their games played there, I'd say Harper is a much bigger get than Machado.
    #HarperWatch

Thread Information