+ Reply to Thread
Page 1219 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 219 719 1119 1169 1209 1216 1217 1218 1219
Results 30,451 to 30,460 of 30460

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    And October.
    You how nice it would be to a real DH? Like David Ortiz or something? Otherwise, the "bench guy" is really just the DH. He may play the field, but whoever's spot he's taking is going to DH (or worse, won't and another bench guy is DH). Effectively, our DH is Gardner and whoever the BU infielder is.
    All I care about in the end is putting the best offense out as much as possible. I think sometimes what is simple is made to be difficult.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire
    #maga

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    All I care about in the end is putting the best offense out as much as possible. I think sometimes what is simple is made to be difficult.
    Well there the pesky part about making 8 of the hitters wear gloves.

I get what you are saying and "probably" the best configuration is Voit/Bird 1B/DH, OF Judge, Gardner, Stanton, Andujar 3B, Tulo SS/Bench, DJL 2B/bench, Torreys 2B/SS but that's probably not going to be the everyday lineup.

I think we are also only getting Bid/Voit on a limited gig until they expand to 13 man staff after G5.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I get what you are saying and "probably" the best configuration is Voit/Bird 1B/DH, OF Judge, Gardner, Stanton, Andujar 3B, Tulo SS/Bench, DJL 2B/bench, Torreys 2B/SS but that's probably not going to be the everyday lineup.

I think we are also only getting Bid/Voit on a limited gig until they expand to 13 man staff after G5.
    Maybe, a little longer than that as they can add a 13th pitcher to the roster after the that 5 game suspension is over to increase the roster from 24 to 25.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I think using the DH as a rest position should be the backup plan. If there can be an awesome hitter there every day it's fine by me. You want to run out the best offense every day as much as possible. Worrying about rest, especially in April, is secondary. IMO anyway.
    And, for that matter, if you want to rest a guy, rest him. A day off is better rest than half a day off.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Why do yankees fans think this way? While most teams get an awesome hitter to be DH, we for some reason, basically want it to be a bench player.
    Awesome hitters cost money. Plugging a bench player into that slot and using it to give starters a semi blow is right up Hal's payroll control alley.
    There is no other reasonable explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

Well all I mean is that you put your best defenders out there and put the best hitter remaining at DH. That's the great thing about the AL. You don't need to bury a glove if you have another option. I don't like the idea of using the DH primarily as a resting option if it means we're hurting the offense. Fill out the field and the best hitter remaining should be the DH.

Now of course if a player requires a day off but can still get 4 or 5 ABs in, I can see that. I just don't like it being the norm. Unless we're talking about Sanchez. He gets a pass there. If he needs a day put in Romine and have him DH. I'm cool with that. With how badly catchers get beat up. Our pitchers like sinkers and breaking stuff and they certainly get beat up.
    #maga

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    And, for that matter, if you want to rest a guy, rest him. A day off is better rest than half a day off.
    This is also true. If it's that important, absolutely.
    #maga

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Yes. I complained at the signing, and knew at those $$ he would be the starting LF'er. Many here kept saying no, great as 4th OF'er. (I agree with that sentiment) I KNEW they were not going to upgrade LF, and with the low payroll number, that is a sin.
    What do you consider low. Yankees payroll for 2019 is $220M and for luxury tax purposes is $232M

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    What do you consider low. Yankees payroll for 2019 is $220M and for luxury tax purposes is $232M
    To me, it’s not about low or high relative to som fixed number. I care about smart payrolls backed by logical investments. 2017 and 2018 payrolls were lower, but smarter IMHO, than 2109 payroll. The Yankees should have signed Machado and passed on DJL.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    It would not be the first decade without a WS game. This is just silly.
    Tyler Kepner- March 26 NY Times- “unless the Yankees reach the World Series this season, the 2010’s will be the first decade since the 1910’s without at least one AL pennant”.

He’s a little late in his observation. We discussed it months ago!

Thread Information