+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 208 209 210 211
Results 5,251 to 5,257 of 5257
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

For planning purposes:

A Sonny Gray/Tyler Wade & pick one: German or Loaisiga for Scooter Gannett deal has my vote of approval.

Need two starting pitchers. IMO, an ace and a #3/#4 type. Sure would like to take some pressure/(innings) off of Severino by slotting him in as a #2. A moderate-risk, high-reward ace like Kluber isn't usually available and he may be worth giving up some real talent for. Another lefty starter would slot in nicely @ #3.

Need at least one experienced high-level reliever for the bullpen. A really good multi-inning
    workhorse would also be a welcome addition. Don't want more than a 7-man bullpen.

The plan for 2019 shouldn't include Didi. Can't be sure when or how good he'll be if he comes back.

100 starts in LF for Stanton with Gardner & Frazier (@Scranton) as 4/5 OFers??

Is Voit/Bird (@ Scranton) the way to go @ 1B?

Andujar starts @ 3rd and Sanchez is the 120-game catcher.

Versatility in the lineup (LH vs. RH bats) and in the infield is needed - Marwan Gonzalez should be #1 target. This guy already is the professional version of what they want Tyler Wade to be. If there's only 4 guys on the bench, Gardner/Gonzalez/Torreyes/Romine should be the four, IMO.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ronnie View Post
    It actually all comes down to Andujar. Will they keep him or move him for SP.
    I disagree it has much to do with Torres staying at 2nd base.

NYYF Legend

If anything, wouldn’t Kluber losing velocity but still finishing in the top-3 voting for CY this year bode well for him? It shows that he’s already adjusted to pitching with diminished stuff, and not just pitching well, but borderline dominating

Just goes to show he’s not overly reliant on his velo and is a good bet to continue performing at a high level going forward... straight out of the Halladay/ Cliff Lee book of elite pitching with excellent command and movement on pitches
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    ^^ This guy totallly gets it. I’d give up anyone in the farm system but definitely not Andujar unless you’re getting an equally cost-controlled, young TOR starter.
    If the Ray's offered us Snell it would be different. But that is not happening. Go with Corbin and Happ. If MadBum has an ace season for the Giants than sign him as a free agent after 2019.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    If anything, wouldn’t Kluber losing velocity but still finishing in the top-3 voting for CY this year bode well for him? It shows that he’s already adjusted to pitching with diminished stuff, and not just pitching well, but borderline dominating

Just goes to show he’s not overly reliant on his velo and is a good bet to continue performing at a high level going forward... straight out of the Halladay/ Cliff Lee book of elite pitching with excellent command and movement on pitches
    So you expect Kluber to be an ace when he turns 35 & 36?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    I agree with you that Trout is the best player in baseball and that an average year for him is a great year for anyone else. Right now I would put him as the 2nd best CFer is baseball history right behind Mays and just ahead of Mantle. That could change depending on how his career progresses.

What I don’t understand is your outrage at Mookie getting the MVP. He didn’t just have an above average year, he had a fantastic year. He led the league in Runs Created, which is the most comprehensive measure of offense. He won the batting title. And he did it not only for the best team in baseball but for one that had an historic season. In contrast, the Angels were still in contention for a playoff spot late in the season but they faded. Here are some of Mookie’s numbers:

1st - Runs Created (156)
    1st - Batting (.346)
    1st - wOBA (.449)
    1st - Slugging (.640)
    1st - Runs (129)
    1st - Extra Base Hits (84)
    1st - bWAR (10.9)
    1st - fWAR (10.4)
    2nd - WRC+ (185)
    2nd - OBP (.438)
    2nd - OPS (1.078)
    2nd - OPS+ (186)
    2nd - Doubles (47)

That is a dominant season. Certainly a good argument can be made for Trout, which is why he was Mookie’s chief competition. A good argument can be made for Martinez as well. If any one of the three got the award, it would hardly be a joke. Mookie would have gotten my vote if I had one.

BTW, Mookie’s performance in the playoffs is irrelevant to the MVP question. If it were, anything he did there would be more than Trout.
    I am not outraged and expected this because Mookie did have a great season. Like Pedroria I don't know how he did it. I read some strange article the BoSox tested him for a reaction time and Mookie was the highest score ever. (5th round draft pick) I even posted he was getting the MVP earlier that day when I was posting how we get SO with 2 strikes. I only just agreed with the post I replied to that Trout always has a great year (we agree there). I did look up some stats on Trout with Fangraph and the wRC+ and OBP was 1st to Betts but that's cherry picking.

I thought Betts would get it and he did. (Mantle was my idol growing up and watched him play at Yankee stadium. I would love to see Judge in CF.)

I've made a huge mistake Gob Rules's Avatar

Paxton coming home

Thread Information