+ Reply to Thread
Page 1117 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 117 617 1017 1067 1107 1114 1115 1116 1117
Results 27,901 to 27,915 of 27915

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 21stAmendment View Post
    I heard Harper Phillies on Monday
    I see the Phillies have an ‘arm sleeve’ give away sometime in May. Hmm who wears one of those?
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Why does Judge's size make him a greater risk? He is not the first tall OFer in MLB.

He is only an inch taller than Stanton, Dave Winfield, Dave Kingman and Darryl Strawberry.
    Not to mention all the tall athletes who play basketball, a sport in which their bodies take a much greater pounding than in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Severino is the first extension since their last WS, except for possibly Gardner. More to come presumably. Sanchez, Judge, Torres, Machado are all possibilities.
    Besides Gardner, how many players have the Yankees had who came up within the organization and were in a position to be extended since Cano the year before the last WS? A couple of relief pitchers?

Quote Originally Posted by moscutter View Post
    I want to take my almost 3 year old to the 1st or 2nd workouts next week, was gonna pick him up a jersey online. Seems amazon is only option to get it by tuesday, if we go wednesday morning... Would i be the worst father if i bought a jersey with the name on the back for him? i feel dirty thinking about it.

But, not sure of other options. Mine doesn't have the name of course!
    I would put the kid in the jersey, but then pretend he wasnt my kid.
    Fully operational Death Star

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000 View Post
    I see the Phillies have an ‘arm sleeve’ give away sometime in May. Hmm who wears one of those?
    I thought promotional giveaways are planned months in advance of the start of the season.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Besides Gardner, how many players have the Yankees had who came up within the organization and were in a position to be extended since Cano the year before the last WS? A couple of relief pitchers?
    Betances probably but no one really. Severino is a steal unless he gets hit with the pitchers curse which is unpredictable.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Can’t complain about this deal.

It’s kinda an indictment of the current money situation of MLB, but I understand why both parties agreed to this.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Dan Fredrico

Following up on my report about Manny Machado and the Padres: I heard this morning San Diego is pushing extremely hard for a deal and they seem willing to meet Machado’s contract demand in terms of years. Growing sense is that SD is a likely destination

He isn’t verified but he had the Corbin news first and has been right on other things.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    Why the concern with his arm ?

His motion seems unforced given the velocity he produces
    Agree. Seems to me that breaking ball pitchers, especially ones who throw splitters/fork balls are at much greater risk than fast ball pitchers. I suspect that the number of pitchers adopting those kinds of pitches explains the number of TJS surgeries more than anything else.

Dan Fredrico

Following up on my report about Manny Machado and the Padres: I heard this morning San Diego is pushing extremely hard for a deal and they seem willing to meet Machado’s contract demand in terms of years. Growing sense is that SD is a likely destination

He isn’t verified but he had the Corbin news first and has been right on other things.
    IF SD spends the money to get a star or 2, in a few years they could be the top dog in the west IMO. that Farm is stacked. Im guessing Machado plays 3B and Tatis plays SS when he is called up. Urias could see 2B this season too. Then they have the C in Mejia. Plus they have 2 RHPs and 2 LHPs in the top 50 prospects! And 7 total pitchers in the top 100. Harper would also be huge for them too. Lock in both those 2 for 8 years and bring in the young guys to follow.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Agree. Seems to me that breaking ball pitchers, especially ones who throw splitters/fork balls are at much greater risk than fast ball pitchers. I suspect that the number of pitchers adopting those kinds of pitches explains the number of TJS surgeries more than anything else.
    I agree with that. The snapping of the arm on those hard breaking pitches seems to bring in more wear and tear than a fireballer with a clean motion.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    This deal puts Yanks around the number Hal suggested a week ago ($220M).
    Yes, Roster Resource has them ar $222m.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    I would put the kid in the jersey, but then pretend he wasnt my kid.
    lol. Its a kid, not even 4 years old. Options are limited at that age, so I would give a pass. But, plan for the future.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Dan Fredrico

Machado signing with the Padres would tell me everything I need to know about his desire to win vs. his greediness.

Many folks say "the player will always take the most money" and while this is probably true, I have a hard time relating. If I'm going to make enough money to take care of my family, my grandkids, and probably my great-grandkids - I'll forego the extra millions in order to play where I want to play, and have the chance to win immediately and on a regular basis going forward.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Machado signing with the Padres would tell me everything I need to know about his desire to win vs. his greediness.

Many folks say "the player will always take the most money" and while this is probably true, I have a hard time relating. If I'm going to make enough money to take care of my family, my grandkids, and probably my great-grandkids - I'll forego the extra millions in order to play where I want to play, and have the chance to win immediately and on a regular basis going forward.
    You have to understand, it's a job. It's not a game anymore.

When I worked in motorsports, I worked for a Ford based company despite being a GM guy through and through. I didn't give a crap - they had the better job (money, benefits, experience, etc). I didn't care if my car won or not when I was picking the job.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Thread Information