+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 49 50 51 52
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1300
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Not at all. Rubble was smart. Way smarter than his loudmouth neighbor. I just wasn't sure where he had gone to college and that seemed a likely guess.
    ..or maybe SUNY bROCKport?
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

I hope Cashman is considering getting Daniel Murphy to play first. Putting a bat like his right in the middle of our lineup would do wonders.
    Murphy, Harper, Happ and Corbin--id feel confident going to war with those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    I hope Cashman is considering getting Daniel Murphy to play first. Putting a bat like his right in the middle of our lineup would do wonders.
    Murphy, Harper, Happ and Corbin--id feel confident going to war with those guys.
    Agree, Murphy is actually the ideal bat for this lineup if he can stay healthy going forward. Crushes RHP, doesn't strike out much and is excellent with RISP.

If they could grab Donaldson too, I'd even let him play a decent amount of 2B and have a guy like Hechavarria come off the bench for defense, so start the game with Donaldson at 3B, Torres at SS, Murphy at 2B and Voit/Bird at 1B and with a lead go to Hechavarria at SS, Torres at 2B, Murphy at 1B.

No need for Harper in that scenario. Put Stanton in LF most of the time but rotate Donaldson, Andujar, Stanton at DH.

Harper @ 8/$304M
    Murphy @ 3/$45M
    Donaldson @ 3/$51M

Trade Andujar for pitching

Boom.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    ..or maybe SUNY bROCKport?
    Slippery Rock (Pa.) State also a possibility.

What do you guys think about getting Donaldson and trying Andujar at first base. Catching the ball isnt his big problem, throwing was. I know a lot of guys want to trade him for pitching, and i wouldnt mind it either if we packaged him with someone else for an ace--but i really hate trading our homegrown guys.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Maybe so. I know this much: without Benintendi, they'd be forced to use Martinez in LF. I read somewhere they were talking about putting Betts at 2B in the NL park so that Martinez can play RF?

Uh...
    That could be brilliant. Betts played 2B his whole life until Boston converted him. You keep Benintendi in the lineup this way. I had not considered this. Plus you remove Kinsler, who has been in a very bad slump. I would not be surprised to see this. Cora makes his own rules.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Agree, Murphy is actually the ideal bat for this lineup if he can stay healthy going forward. Crushes RHP, doesn't strike out much and is excellent with RISP.

If they could grab Donaldson too, I'd even let him play a decent amount of 2B and have a guy like Hechavarria come off the bench for defense, so start the game with Donaldson at 3B, Torres at SS, Murphy at 2B and Voit/Bird at 1B and with a lead go to Hechavarria at SS, Torres at 2B, Murphy at 1B.

No need for Harper in that scenario. Put Stanton in LF most of the time but rotate Donaldson, Andujar, Stanton at DH.
    In the bit above that I put in boldface: it can't be "going forward" too far. When the season opens, he'll be 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    What do you guys think about getting Donaldson and trying Andujar at first base. Catching the ball isnt his big problem, throwing was. I know a lot of guys want to trade him for pitching, and i wouldnt mind it either if we packaged him with someone else for an ace--but i really hate trading our homegrown guys.
    It's an option, but I don't think you can be dismissive of Voit. He crushed both ways, works counts and draws walks. He deserves another look and he might just turn out to be an everyday player who can hit 40 homers and drive in 100 runs. Just because past surprise monster hitters have vanished quickly doesn't mean he will.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    In the bit above that I put in boldface: it can't be "going forward" too far. When the season opens, he'll be 34.
    Murphy is a short-term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    It's an option, but I don't think you can be dismissive of Voit. He crushed both ways, works counts and draws walks. He deserves another look and he might just turn out to be an everyday player who can hit 40 homers and drive in 100 runs. Just because past surprise monster hitters have vanished quickly doesn't mean he will.
    Yeah Voight definitely could be that type of guy. Maybe Andujar at first and Voit as full time DH and have Stanton be full time left fielder.

NYYF Legend

I've been generally dismissive of both trading for and signing Machado, but him bunting for a basehit on a 3-2 count after whipping the entirety of MIL into a frothy, raging anger during his AB made me REALLY like him.

And then he stood still in the basepath with his arm pointing to the sky on Bellinger's HR. He's a great villain, and I would absolutely loathe him if he was playing against the Yankees in a meaningful situation.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Monday starts the offseason planning.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/20/yankee...opple-red-sox/

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    Monday starts the offseason planning.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/20/yankee...opple-red-sox/
    Trade for Hader. End of meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    Trade for Hader. End of meeting.
    What a multi-inning weapon he is. Milwaukee would never trade him, though.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I've been generally dismissive of both trading for and signing Machado, but him bunting for a basehit on a 3-2 count after whipping the entirety of MIL into a frothy, raging anger during his AB made me REALLY like him.

And then he stood still in the basepath with his arm pointing to the sky on Bellinger's HR. He's a great villain, and I would absolutely loathe him if he was playing against the Yankees in a meaningful situation.
    I’m a big Machado fan. The fact that he would be the “villain” makes me like him even more. I mean let’s face it — the Yankees are always going to be the bad guys. We might as well embrace it.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Between Harper and Machado, who is most likely to re-sign with their current teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    Between Harper and Machado, who is most likely to re-sign with their current teams?
    Definitely Harper.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Definitely Harper.
    Well yeah but neither one of them are going to sign with their current teams.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I’m a big Machado fan. The fact that he would be the “villain” makes me like him even more. I mean let’s face it — the Yankees are always going to be the bad guys. We might as well embrace it.
    Yea he backs it up with his play too. I’m real curious to see what he does against Boston, I think some will start to downplay some of his comments if he’s the villain to Boston especially with his play.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Harper @ 8/$304M
    Murphy @ 3/$45M
    Donaldson @ 3/$51M

Trade Andujar for pitching

Boom.
    Too many years for Murphy and Donaldson. 2 at most for both. Donaldson might take a 1yr to re-establish himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

Strongly disagree. Machado's bravado and absolute refusal to hustle when needed are qualities that will only serve to hurt the team through direct efforts or the example it sets for young and impressionable teammates.

Any Yankee fan who pushed for the Yankees to let Robinson Cano walk via free agency but now embraces any effort to sign Machado wreaks of hypocrisy.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Pass on Murphy. Get the deal done for Goldy. Premium players only.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Calls a tool a tool

reeks of hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    What a multi-inning weapon he is. Milwaukee would never trade him, though.
    Even if we could land him as soon as the hair goes he'll be like Sampson to us

Hopefully we can get Green on track next year, he can be similarly filthy.

Thread Information