+ Reply to Thread
Page 1126 of 1126 FirstFirst ... 126 626 1026 1076 1116 1123 1124 1125 1126
Results 28,126 to 28,140 of 28140

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I think the negativity towards Stanton is largely the result of watching him wail away at sliders low and away over and over for a good part of the season. That's what led to cries for changes in his stance by the fans and hitting experts. Hopefully a combination of his approach to hitting against righties and a year of experience in the league will eliminate a lot of this problem. If so, he's a monster we are fortunate to have on the team.
    I don't get the stanton hate, i mean where was the entire team hate when they were doing it in the 2017 playoffs vs astros?

Quote Originally Posted by moscutter View Post
    I don't get the stanton hate, i mean where was the entire team hate when they were doing it in the 2017 playoffs vs astros?
    There is a different standard players for those who are perceived to be "Our guys" and guys who come in via free agency or trades.

Stanton and Judge are two of the premiere HR Hitters in all of baseball. I thank God for both of them.

Last year Judge missed two months and Stanton was getting acclimated to a new team and league.

This year, if both stay healthy, I can definitely envision 50+ HR's for each of them.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rhod0406 View Post
    There is a different standard players for those who are perceived to be "Our guys" and guys who come in via free agency or trades.
    Anyone got those strikeout totals from 2017 playoffs vs the astros?

It was crazy like kerry wood, roger clemens, nolan ryan levels of strikeouts, it was so embarrassing, i agree.

I think Gonzales would be better than Wade but it’s a lot of cash in that situation, especially after signing Gardner and DJL.
    And wade gives them flexibility when DIDI is back

NYYF Legend

I worry about who plays 3B behind Andujar in case of injury or ineffectiveness. I'd like to have someone more experienced @ 3B than LeMahieu or Torres.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Brett gardner is the starting LF unless frazier does something astronomical this spring. Maybe against lefty's they mix someone in left field. They didn't pay gardner 8 million to be a bench player. Same with DJ he's also a starter
    Frazier needs an injury and he’ll get one eventually but he has no shot to beat out Gardner in Spring training on performance alone. Even if he significantly outperforms Gardy, the Yankees are still likely to give Gardner the first crack and give Clint more time in AAA to take it easy, get regular ABs (he missed a lot of time) and prove he is past his concussion issues. Also they may want to steal another year of control if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post

I worry about who plays 3B behind Andujar in case of injury or ineffectiveness. I'd like to have someone more experienced @ 3B than LeMahieu or Torres.
    Torres will definitely not be moved. The Yankees don't want to do anything to mess with his head. He is their prize possession of the neophytes. But I do believe DJL is our backup 3B. I don't know how he would handle it, but I'm encouraged by his Gold Glove at 2B. That tells me he has good reflexes and he's athletic. Doesn't guarantee he can play 3B if called upon, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

Yankees posted a short video of Andujar working out at 3B. He's still double clutching and throwing side arm so I'm not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Yea I’m not a huge fan of our infield depth. We’re relying way too much on everyone staying healthy. I guess with all of these minor league signings though there may be guys that come available at the end of Spring if their teams don’t need them. I don’t understand why the Yankees didn’t grab one of them though. How confident can you really be in Tulo? He was cut. Even as the extra infielder it backs you into a corner with Andujar at 3B if he gets injured which we should all expect. Still don’t think we sign Marwin though. Dietrich would’ve made a ton of sense though.

NYYF Legend

it's a 4 second video, relax people.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    it's a 4 second video, relax people.
    Im well aware of the length but I was hoping to see him throwing overhand going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    Im well aware of the length but I was hoping to see him throwing overhand going forward.
    Lots of third baseman throw side arm.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rhod0406 View Post
    Lots of third baseman throw side arm.
    Lots do it more accurately than Andujar does.

Just sayin'.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

I know we’ve heard this before but a reporter for espn deportes is saying Manny to Yankees on short term deal with multiple opt outs. He has 33k followers.
    Rich

Thread Information