+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 10797
  1. #101
    Designated for Assignment
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Earth

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    CC was bad tonight, but Hernandez has always been a bad umpire.
    Regardless, it seems hypocritical of CC to vent about Hernandez when it was his pitching, and not Hernandez's strike zone, that cost the Yankees the game, series and season tonight.

    Talk about deflecting blame. Quite disappointed in CC - thought he had more class than that.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  2. #102

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    GET MADBUM!

    This dude is the best active playoff starter by far. Move Andujar plus for him if he is moved, which I suspect he will be(FA after 2019, Giants aren't going anywhere).

    MadBum
    Sevy
    Tanaka
    Morton/Keuchel/Kikuchi/FA
    Happ

    Get Machado to replace Miggy at 3B(huge defensive upgrade). Adding some balance to the line-up...Brantley is an FA for LF. Hopefully he's past his injuries. Consistent 300 hitter who doesn't strike out, and he is a lefty. Build depth in the bench so that the inevitable rest days don't sting as much. Yankees need to go on a spending spree to leave Boston in the dust.

    Oh, and, since we all know that Boone isn't going anywhere, replace Rothschild, Thames, and Bard.

  3. #103

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Regardless, it seems hypocritical of CC to vent about Hernandez when it was his pitching, and not Hernandez's strike zone, that cost the Yankees the game, series and season tonight.

    Talk about deflecting blame. Quite disappointed in CC - thought he had more class than that.
    I got no problem with any player bad mouthing Hernandez whether they played well or not. It's two separate issues as I didn't see CC saying he pitched well tonight.

  4. #104
    NYYF Legend

    DontHateOnNumber2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Regardless, it seems hypocritical of CC to vent about Hernandez when it was his pitching, and not Hernandez's strike zone, that cost the Yankees the game, series and season tonight.

    Talk about deflecting blame. Quite disappointed in CC - thought he had more class than that.
    CC has always been outspoken, I don't think that makes him devoid of class. CC was brutal tonight but it's true. For years on end we know this guy is a terrible ump. He shouldn't be out there period let alone during the most important games.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

    teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

  5. #105
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    GET MADBUM!

    This dude is the best active playoff starter by far. Move Andujar plus for him if he is moved, which I suspect he will be(FA after 2019, Giants aren't going anywhere).

    MadBum
    Sevy
    Tanaka
    Morton/Keuchel/Kikuchi/FA
    Happ

    Get Machado to replace Miggy at 3B(huge defensive upgrade). Adding some balance to the line-up...Brantley is an FA for LF. Hopefully he's past his injuries. Consistent 300 hitter who doesn't strike out, and he is a lefty. Build depth in the bench so that the inevitable rest days don't sting as much. Yankees need to go on a spending spree to leave Boston in the dust.

    Oh, and, since we all know that Boone isn't going anywhere, replace Rothschild, Thames, and Bard.
    For the same reason Ive mentioned before.......he isn't available outside of a godfather offer.

    Pass.

    Now, when the trade deadline comes next year......yes, give them a crazy offer.

  6. #106
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Regardless, it seems hypocritical of CC to vent about Hernandez when it was his pitching, and not Hernandez's strike zone, that cost the Yankees the game, series and season tonight.

    Talk about deflecting blame. Quite disappointed in CC - thought he had more class than that.
    Why? He literally pitched 2 scoreless with his KZone earlier.

    Boston adjusted and he couldn't do much because the KZone wasn't good. He should be allowed to vent.

  7. #107

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2 View Post
    CC has always been outspoken, I don't think that makes him devoid of class. CC was brutal tonight but it's true. For years on end we know this guy is a terrible ump. He shouldn't be out there period let alone during the most important games.
    This!

  8. #108
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Having a conundrum here.

    I obviously hate Boston, but I also not a fan of the burgeoning dynasty in Houston, whom eliminated us last year.

    I guess Ill stick with Boston, but its not simple to me.

  9. #109

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    For the same reason Ive mentioned before.......he isn't available outside of a godfather offer.

    Pass.

    Now, when the trade deadline comes next year......yes, give them a crazy offer.
    They may want to move him prior to the season so as to maximize their return. Moving him would also signal a beginning to their expected rebuild--if they are pseudo-contending by the deadline, it would be harder to justify moving him to their fan base. All I know is that whenever he is made available, we better not be outbid for him. Not MadBum--not with the play-off resume that he possesses.

  10. #110

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Having a conundrum here.

    I obviously hate Boston, but I also not a fan of the burgeoning dynasty in Houston, whom eliminated us last year.

    I guess Ill stick with Boston, but its not simple to me.
    How's that even a question? Go Astros, of course.

    Ideally, Milwaukee-Houston with Milwaukee winning.

  11. #111

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    There is no way in hell I'm rooting for Boston. Anybody, but them.

  12. #112
    NYYF MVP

    Norge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern Ocean County, NJ

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Dare I say...bring back Joe Girardi?

  13. #113
    NYYF Legend

    DontHateOnNumber2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Having a conundrum here.

    I obviously hate Boston, but I also not a fan of the burgeoning dynasty in Houston, whom eliminated us last year.

    I guess Ill stick with Boston, but its not simple to me.
    I don't see how any Yankees fan could possibly struggle with this. As far as I'm concerned the MLB season is over. I don't want Boston to win s__t and couldn't care less about other teams winning. Bring on the Hot Stove.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

    teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

  14. #114
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    How's that even a question? Go Astros, of course.

    Ideally, Milwaukee-Houston with Milwaukee winning.
    Get out of my head, albo4lyfe!

    I could live with a Dodger championship too although i will root for the Brew Crew. I was a virulent Dodger hater in the 1970s and 1980s but haven't hated them for about 20 years. Once camera-hog phoney baloney Lasorda left they became less obnoxious to me.

  15. #115
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Regardless, it seems hypocritical of CC to vent about Hernandez when it was his pitching, and not Hernandez's strike zone, that cost the Yankees the game, series and season tonight.

    Talk about deflecting blame. Quite disappointed in CC - thought he had more class than that.
    I'm venturing into an area I'm not qualified to diagnose ... but just want to throw it out as a possibility.

    His inappropriate tirade against Hernandez, who I actually thought was decent behind the plate tonight, seems a bit like "dry drunk" behavior. CC has a problem. God bless him, he seems to be winning against it. But I have been told the personality traits don't just leave.

    Again, I admit I don't know, I don't know the guy. But yeah that outburst is going to be media fodder and it's not going to help him.

  16. #116

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I'm venturing into an area I'm not qualified to diagnose ... but just want to throw it out as a possibility.

    His inappropriate tirade against Hernandez, who I actually thought was decent behind the plate tonight, seems a bit like "dry drunk" behavior. CC has a problem. God bless him, he seems to be winning against it. But I have been told the personality traits don't just leave.

    Again, I admit I don't know, I don't know the guy. But yeah that outburst is going to be media fodder and it's not going to help him.
    Wow! You really think his drinking problem had something to do with his Hernandez comments? I don't, I think Hernandez is so hated inside of MLB that many players can't stand the sight of him.

  17. #117
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Wow! You really think his drinking problem had something to do with his Hernandez comments? I don't, I think Hernandez is so hated inside of MLB that many players can't stand the sight of him.
    I bent over backwards to say I don't know, but carry on. It's possible and it's a really not-smart move whatever the motivation.

    Enough ballplayers to fill a phone book have been screwed by Angel Hernandez and didn't go off like this.

  18. #118

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I bent over backwards to say I don't know, but carry on. It's possible and it's a really not-smart move whatever the motivation.

    Enough ballplayers to fill a phone book have been screwed by Angel Hernandez and didn't go off like this.
    Screw Angel Hernandez! Nobody gives a rip about him.

  19. #119

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Back to the Yankees offseason plans. I don't think MadBum is going to be made available this offseason. Perhaps in July, but not in the next couple of months. The Yankees need to have at least two lefties in their rotation next season.

  20. #120

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Bring back Happ and sign Corbin.

  21. #121
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Back to the Yankees offseason plans. I don't think MadBum is going to be made available this offseason. Perhaps in July, but not in the next couple of months. The Yankees need to have at least two lefties in their rotation next season.
    I agree on the "2 lefties" theory. New YS isn't the lefty pitcher heaven that previous iterations were but it still has more land in left-left center than right-right center which is a shooting gallery.

    Corbin/MadBum/???
    Happ (pending demands)/???

    If Sheffield wins the young-pitcher scrum I'd like to see for #5, the more the merrier. Three lefties is fine

    Re: MadBum's availability, will be interesting to see what the new regime does. If they want to do full rebuild, he'll be available in offseason. If they want to take a last stab at contention, obviously he's not until they fall out of contention in summer. Given his icon status there the price will be super-steep either way, but boy would he be hard to pass up.

  22. #122
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cruzeiro-SP-BRAZIL

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    I Think we need to think great at Starting Pitcher. Sign a good free agent (Kershaw?) AND trade for the best, we have to go for a recently AL Cy Young. I'd try for Blake Snell.



    We also need new coaches. Pitching and Hitting. Focus on hitting for average.


    I'd get rid of Sanchez (he seens to be unfixed) and Bird, even if Voit is a Fluke, he'll produve more than Bird.
    Keep our prospecs near than us

    Felipe Pereira Arantes - Brazilian Yankeefan

  23. #123
    NYYF Triple Crown

    trentonthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United States

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Dig up Yankee stadium to see if there are any more big papi jerseys underneath.
    Once we get all of them out, then we'll be fine.
    [

  24. #124
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FelipePArantes View Post
    I Think we need to think great at Starting Pitcher. Sign a good free agent (Kershaw?) AND trade for the best, we have to go for a recently AL Cy Young. I'd try for Blake Snell.
    Kershaw isn't a free agent, and Tampa isn't moving Snell until he can make serious money which is not this offseason. He is the type of player Tampa clings to with a death grip.

  25. #125

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Kershaw isn't a free agent, and Tampa isn't moving Snell until he can make serious money which is not this offseason. He is the type of player Tampa clings to with a death grip.
    They just signed their manager thru 2024. They didn't do that just to rebuild.