+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 572 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 14288
  1. #76

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Gardner - Out
    C.C. - Out
    Voit - Out, not a long term solution
    Bird - I like his swing, but most likely out. But who else is out there?
    Didi - In
    Hicks - In
    Stanton - out, if you can find a taker, especially if you sign Harper.
    Machado - Couple of possibilities there. If Didi is out Machado to SS or Andujar out Machado at 3B
    Harper - In, but have to get rid of Stanton.
    Bullpen - keep it.
    SP - need another 1/2 pitcher. Andujar is good trade bait.
    Boone - Smack him upside the head.

    Need less power and more strategic hitters. I've watched too many post-seasons ruined by the lack of pure hitters.

  2. #77
    Designated for Assignment
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Earth

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JBursch23 View Post
    I think a lot of people are really underestimating Andujars potential as a middle of the order bat.

    He looks like a .300 hitter with pop, and a keen ability to drive in runs. Hes also a baby.
    Completely agree. The best is yet to come and trading him now would be a horrible move.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I'm pretty sure the whole team has been traded or dfa and the entire coaching staff, gm fired and ownership forced to sell if you combine a few posts tonight.
    In fairness I haven't seen a "trade Judge" post yet but then again I haven't hit every thread.

  4. #79

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JBursch23 View Post
    I mean last year the Yankees put up fantastic nights against Corey Kluber, Trevor Bauer, Dallas Keuchel, etc in the postseason. They also had tremendous success against David Price this year.

    The Yankees struggle against strike throwers. Guys that pound the zone give us issues. And thats because the Yankees struggle to string hits together. All season long they struggled to get a hit in big situations, that wasnt a Torres or Stanton HR. Need to find a way to get that in the middle of the order...a true run producer that can get bat on ball.

    We may have that already in Andujar, honestly.
    They struggle with off speed pitchers. This has been happening for at least the last 10 years. They sit on fastballs and swing wildly at off speed crap.

  5. #80
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Object View Post
    They struggle with off speed pitchers. This has been happening for at least the last 10 years. They sit on fastballs and swing wildly at off speed crap.
    As a former player, I can tell you that is often the approach.

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    In fairness I haven't seen a "trade Judge" post yet but then again I haven't hit every thread.
    We should trade judge!

  7. #82

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    They have to improve the starting pitching, find a better lead-off hitter and improve the infield defense.

  8. #83
    NYYF Legend

    jpao89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    May as well start this one now:

    Improve overall team OBP (Harper?)
    Rebuild starting rotation (trade for Bumgarner, think big)
    Shore up defense (trade Sanchez. Move Andujar to DH full-time, sign either Donaldson or Machado to play 3B)
    Let Gardner and CC walk. Investigate Stanton trade to Dodgers.
    Revamp coaching staff (would like to replace Boone too, but Cashman will never do it).
    In order for this offseason to be meaningful, Cashman firar has to admit that the team as constitutes is flawed. Can he do that? I am doubtful.

    Having said that I agree with you. I would:

    -Shore up the defense

    -Regain some left handed hitting balance

    -Regain balance period. Whoever you keepmiemaign should be a hitter first, homerun hitter second. I remember during the great run of the nineties Torre used to tell his players concentrate on hitting first and homeruns would follow.
    Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps!?!?

  9. #84
    Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    2112 The Temples Of Syrinx....

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    For starters. Fire Boone & Rothschild. Sign Machado he plays 3rd. Andujar goes to DH. Gardner and CC aren't brought back. As mad as I am with Stanton he plays LF. Gardner was a failure his hole career in the playoffs...

    Cashman needs to own his mistake of hiring Boone....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

  10. #85
    Designated for Assignment
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Earth

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    They have to improve the starting pitching, find a better lead-off hitter and improve the infield defense.
    This, and a renewed emphasis on OBP. This is why I've advocated going all in on Harper.

    If there was a lesson learned from the dynasty teams of the late 90's, it's that you don't need a lineup filled with 30 HR hitters to consistently generate runs - just patient at-bats that will wear down pitchers and force them to make mistakes.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  11. #86

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    For starters. Fire Boone & Rothschild. Sign Machado he plays 3rd. Andujar goes to DH. Gardner and CC aren't brought back. As mad as I am with Stanton he plays LF. Gardner was a failure his hole career in the playoffs...

    Cashman needs to own his mistake of hiring Boone....
    He's not going to throw Boone under the bus. Not yet.

  12. #87

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Andujar is too young to be a DH.

  13. #88

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    This, and a renewed emphasis on OBP. This is why I've advocated going all in on Harper.

    If there was a lesson learned from the dynasty teams of the late 90's, it's that you don't need a lineup filled with 30 HR hitters to consistently generate runs - just patient at-bats that will wear down pitchers and force them to make mistakes.
    The Yankees desperately need a lead off guy that can generate .400 OBP. They need other hitters in the lineup to improve that skill set too. Need to place more pressure on opposing pitching staffs beyond hitting home runs.

  14. #89
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    They have to improve the starting pitching, find a better lead-off hitter and improve the infield defense.
    That's fair. RE: defense, I'm happy with Didi at SS and I guess we have to take it on faith that Gleyber will grow defensively at 2B. Then you have to decide whether to stick to it and try to coach up Andujar at 3B ... but any progress will be incremental because that's how players develop, so if you want great 3B defense by 2019 you'd need to find him a new position.

    The real conundrum is 1B where Voit and Bird might both might as well carry a frying pan as much as a glove. Not sure what to do there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    This, and a renewed emphasis on OBP. This is why I've advocated going all in on Harper.

    If there was a lesson learned from the dynasty teams of the late 90's, it's that you don't need a lineup filled with 30 HR hitters to consistently generate runs - just patient at-bats that will wear down pitchers and force them to make mistakes.
    Yes, remember the old expression they used to use for those lineups? "Pass the baton." That 9th inning rally tonight almost felt like a daily occurrence in the 1990s. Not so much now. Too many "heroes" in the 2018 lineup.

  15. #90

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    That's fair. RE: defense, I'm happy with Didi at SS and I guess we have to take it on faith that Gleyber will grow defensively at 2B. Then you have to decide whether to stick to it and try to coach up Andujar at 3B ... but any progress will be incremental because that's how players develop, so if you want great 3B defense by 2019 you'd need to find him a new position.

    The real conundrum is 1B where Voit and Bird might both might as well carry a frying pan as much as a glove. Not sure what to do there.

    Yes, remember the old expression they used to use for those lineups? "Pass the baton." That 9th inning rally tonight almost felt like a daily occurrence in the 1990s. Not so much now. Too many "heroes" in the 2018 lineup.
    The corner infield defense needs to improve as I expect Torres to be much better next season at 2nd. I have no issues with Didi at SS.

  16. #91
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Yankees desperately need a lead off guy that can generate .400 OBP. They need other hitters in the lineup to improve that skill set too. Need to place more pressure on opposing pitching staffs beyond hitting home runs.
    And I will get in trouble with the analytics (formerly branded as "sabermetrics") crowd for this, but I could live with moving Judge down to 3rd and going with a traditional 1-2 tablesetter alignment, provided the #2 has a decent OBP as well and isn't one of those 1970s-style "bat control" guys with low OBP. The first inning is a thing, too. In fact it can be a big thing. I'd like Judge up 25-30 times a year with 2 on 0 out in the 1st.

  17. #92

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    You know, for a team that won 100 games and lost to a team that won 108 games, there sure is a lot to complain about. And honestly a lot of it is valid.

    In my opinion, the biggest need is an Ace, and I think Cashman knows it, but I also dont think theres been one available since Chris Sale got traded to the Red Sox. The lineup could also use another lefty in the lineup.

    Im also going to hope that Boone takes a major jump as a coach in Year Two instead of having a Sophomore Slump. There were certainly times this year where I thought Girardi would have competed with the Red Sox in the 108-110 win category. I think more than anything theres an element of toughness that wasnt there that is key to the Playoffs. We had it all year last year, this year not so much.

  18. #93
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by osuwarrior00 View Post
    You know, for a team that won 100 games and lost to a team that won 108 games, there sure is a lot to complain about. And honestly a lot of it is valid.

    In my opinion, the biggest need is an Ace, and I think Cashman knows it, but I also dont think theres been one available since Chris Sale got traded to the Red Sox. The lineup could also use another lefty in the lineup.

    Im also going to hope that Boone takes a major jump as a coach in Year Two instead of having a Sophomore Slump. There were certainly times this year where I thought Girardi would have competed with the Red Sox in the 108-110 win category. I think more than anything theres an element of toughness that wasnt there that is key to the Playoffs. We had it all year last year, this year not so much.
    I think they shocked us all last year and we didn't have high expectations.

    This year it felt like business as usual where the expectations were super high again.

  19. #94
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lake Hiawatha, NJ

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El Duque View Post
    Maybe I drank too much, but did you see on the post-game how CC blasted Angel Hernandez? I thought it was awesome!
    bump in case anyone missed it

  20. #95
    Designated for Assignment
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Earth

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El Duque View Post
    bump in case anyone missed it
    CC should have blasted himself too because his pitching was just as bad as Hernandez's umpiring....
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  21. #96
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lake Hiawatha, NJ

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    CC should have blasted himself too because his pitching was just as bad as Hernandez's umpiring....
    I agree, I just thought it was insane to blast an umpire if he wants to pitch next year. Talk about a bullseye on your back

  22. #97

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El Duque View Post
    bump in case anyone missed it
    CC Sabathia on Angel Hernandez: Hes absolutely terrible. He was terrible behind the plate today. He was terrible at first base. Its amazing how hes getting jobs umpiring in these playoff games.

    He shouldnt be anywhere near these playoff games.

    Hes bad. I dont understand why hes doing these games.

    Its sad that hes doing these games. Its crazy.

    Hes always bad. Hes a bad umpire.

  23. #98

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    CC should have blasted himself too because his pitching was just as bad as Hernandez's umpiring....
    CC was bad tonight, but Hernandez has always been a bad umpire.

  24. #99

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    I actually dont think Angel was too bad behind the plate tonight.

  25. #100

    Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

    On second thought, I hope they add a locker room (Todd Frazier/Nick swisher) type this offseason. I dont watch enough non-Yankee baseball to know who that is, but that is an addition Id like to see.

    Also, Im just putting this on the record...I think Harper could be had for 8-years, $250m. Im not saying whether he should be picked up by the Yankees, but Im putting that down in writing now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 31 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 27 guests)

  1. jbo
  2. LIYanks
  3. just-blaze
  4. poneil2321

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts