+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 548 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Hicks not getting an extension until they see what they have with Florial. imo

And I think Didi age is going to work against him getting an extension.
    Hicks is a star now, Florial is still years away, and hasn't proven he can be a major league player yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Not trading Andujar at his peak value will be a colossal mistake. The kid smacks the ball, but his undisciplined approach and horrendous defense won't change. Need to get what you can for him now.

The real shame is that you can't get anything of value for Stanton.
    Andujar's bat is legit. He's not going anywhere short of a young TOR starter with ace potential. Robinson Cano didn't have the best-disciplined approach his first couple of years.

As for his defense, he can always switch positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post
    Hicks is a star now, Florial is still years away, and hasn't proven he can be a major league player yet.
    Neither Hicks nor Didi will be getting an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Hicks not getting an extension until they see what they have with Florial. imo

And I think Didi age is going to work against him getting an extension.
    Possible but bad strategy. Hicks and Didi carry the defense and all things considered are the 2nd and 3rd best player on the team.

Designated for Assignment

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Possible but bad strategy. Hicks and Didi carry the defense and all things considered are the 2nd and 3rd best player on the team.
    At the very least, they need to extend Didi. It would be foolish not to.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I would absolutely not extend Hicks. Hes a great player but hes already on the DL multiple times per season. Itll only get worse as he ages.

Neither Hicks nor Didi will be getting an extension.
    I'm not sure about Didi, but I hope so. Hicks on the other hand is as close to a lock is there is. Cashman loves Hicks and I do too. He is just starting to perform up to his talent.

Trade Andujar etc for MadBum
    Sign Corbin
    Sign Machado
    Entertain offers for Stanton, see if LAD will give them anything of note, if not hope he improves

re-sign Britton and McCutchen

let's go

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Andujar's bat is legit. He's not going anywhere short of a young TOR starter with ace potential. Robinson Cano didn't have the best-disciplined approach his first couple of years.

As for his defense, he can always switch positions.
    Yeah. Switching positions is super easy.

And no, he will never be Cano. Sorry, he can rake. But not the type of hitter we need. Work the count and wear pitchers down. How many years of baseball do you have to watch before you finally get why our supposedly unstoppable lineup is routinely stopped?

Oh and pipe dream that won't happen but fire Boone. He failed.

NYYF Legend

Boone obviously wont be fired, but the entire coaching staff needs to go, starting with Rothschild and Bard
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
    Oh and pipe dream that won't happen but fire Boone. He failed.
    It is the right move and absolutely should happen, but never will. That would require Cashman to admit he made a mistake.

Showalter is the move. The timing is perfect. He could do wonders for some of the guys on this roster. A real pitching coach too.

It is the right move and absolutely should happen, but never will. That would require Cashman to admit he made a mistake.

Showalter is the move. The timing is perfect. He could do wonders for some of the guys on this roster. A real pitching coach too.
    So what does that tell you about Brian Cashman? Can be smart, but has fatal hubris. Not a good sign.

NYYF Legend

This place is out of control right now. Goodnight all. I'd recommend getting some sleep.

Beltran for hitting coach.

So what does that tell you about Brian Cashman? Can be smart, but has fatal hubris. Not a good sign.
    I think Cashman has done an excellent job with rebuilding the farm and the analytics department. But the lack of focus on starting pitching, a balanced lineup and this managerial choice are egregious.

Great to hear the Yes staff ripping the Yankees construction.

I think Cashman has done an excellent job with rebuilding the farm and the analytics department. But the lack of focus on starting pitching, a balanced lineup and this managerial choice are egregious.
    Agree more on the SP deficit and the manager. I think this lineup can win a WS for sure. The SP and the manager are weak. Luis Severino as a #1 is not tenable for a WS caliber team...he's too inconsistent and I think his fortitude in big games is fully into question now

Paul O'Neill is pretty much echoing our comments. The lineup is too feast or famine. Lack of balance in the lineup.

Yeah. Switching positions is super easy.

And no, he will never be Cano. Sorry, he can rake. But not the type of hitter we need. Work the count and wear pitchers down. How many years of baseball do you have to watch before you finally get why our supposedly unstoppable lineup is routinely stopped?
    Blame Andujar for his defense, but offensively hes one of the few guys on the team that can really hit and not just HRs. Blaming him for our offense being stopped is absurd, he had a bad postseason but the guy was one of our best and most clutch hitters all year and hes not a Cashman prototype player so he brings a different dimension to the lineup

Cashman has built this team as a mirror image of the 2000s teams that failed.

We need a number 1. It was nice going into the wild card game knowing we had some guys that could go in that game and get the job done, but it shouldnt come to that. We need more insurance for severino. Will that guy be available though?
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    I would absolutely not extend Hicks. Hes a great player but hes already on the DL multiple times per season. Itll only get worse as he ages.
    Werd. I would definitely check the trade market. They are both underrated warriors, but I guarantee that their values are currently high.

They could bring back some impressive assets that we could use

This feast or famine approach has been obvious for the last two years. And also now for the last two years we were beaten by teams that had aggressive balanced attacks that were not dependent on the home runs.

Let's face it the Yanks could make no changes and likely bash there way into the playoffs again. But that style leads to too many run droughts in the playoffs when the homers don't come.

Agree more on the SP deficit and the manager. I think this lineup can win a WS for sure. The SP and the manager are weak. Luis Severino as a #1 is not tenable for a WS caliber team...he's too inconsistent and I think his fortitude in big games is fully into question now
    Severino is a #2 at best

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post
    I'm not sure about Didi, but I hope so. Hicks on the other hand is as close to a lock is there is. Cashman loves Hicks and I do too. He is just starting to perform up to his talent.
    Next year on this date, he'll be 30. How much more do you expect him to develop?

Add that to his brittleness and I wouldn't give him an extension at gunpoint.

Thread Information