+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 1221 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 217 257 307 707 1207 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 30523

Re: Official 2018-19 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Double standard? During Machado's walk year, at a time when he should be highly motivated to play at his best so he can maximize his value in free agency, he had at least 3 incidents where he was called out for loafing.

That includes the post-season, where that lack of effort is inexcusable. Totally disrespectful to his teammates. Never mind the cheap shots and dirty style of play...

If I saw Harper display that level of laziness, I'd feel the same way about him too.
    I agree it's a concern for Machado, but you keep ignoring the posts where people comment on Harper's loafiness. He was in his walk year last year as well and got called out by his manager for not running out a ball in play.

If you're really fired up about players busting out routine grounders, it's a concern for both of them. Really the only difference is Harper wasn't dumb enough to say it out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/...317746182?s=19

The Red Sox re-sign the WS MVP at $6.25m.

The Yankees re-sign their 4th OFer at $7.5m.
    Surreal on both counts.

It's really astonishing how many players accept crappy deals in Boston. Pearce signs a one year deal before Thanksgiving, after the year he just had and the first real chance in his career to sign a lucrative multi year deal? I mean, he probably left tens of millions on the table. WTF?

Also, if Cashman wasn't in such a hurry to re-sign Gardner, if he waited and really wanted him you call him today and say "how's 1/$5MM sound?" Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Outoftowner View Post
    at which part of the game is this true? Trout likely has more power, but aside from that at what aspect of the game is Trout significantly better than Betts at (besides the fact that Betts wears a gothic 'B' and Trout doesn't)? Betts has more speed, is a significantly better defender. OBP, SLG are about equal.

And as far as Fenway being a RHH's wet dream of a ball park...knock it off. That wall is 37 feet high and takes away as many home runs as it gives. If you're going to say something like that you have to talk about how RF at the Stadium is a LHH's wet dream. Otherwise, you sound like a homer.
    You find me one RHH that doesn't want to hit in Boston and I might agree with you. That abomination of a wall turns some frozen ropes from HR to doubles, but it pays off in spades when it turns FO into 2B or even HR.

And who is saying that the short porch in YSIII isn't a LHH's wet dream?

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Welp hate to tell you...

https://amp.mlb.com/72664620-nationa...mpression=true

It's happened more than once. Even Arod called him out for it (as well as Manny)
    I'm not going to compare Machado's laziness in this year's post-season to something Harper did 4 years ago when he was 22-years old.

And it's hypocritical of A-Rod to bash Harper's efforts when he went radio silent about his homeboy Machado during the post-season.

I watched plenty of Nats games this year and in the games I saw, I never saw a lack of effort by Harper.

If more info comes out proving that Harper is just as lazy as Machado, then I won't want him either.

All things being equal, Harper still addresses more needs than Machado. His OBP and LH power bring a new dimension to this lineup that is sorely lacking.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I'm not going to compare Machado's laziness in this year's post-season to something Harper did 4 years ago when he was 22-years old.
    The first link to Harper not running out ground balls is from this season .

NYYF Triple Crown

Buck told Kay Manny was one of the best players he's ever coached and would thrive in NY..
    Doesn't mean that much to me. I like Michael Kay but I will go with the article that was posted earlier I think NY Post by Joel Sherman. Look, he is a great baseball player and Buck knows that. Buck is/was a great manager that helped Manny become who he is. My question is did the organization/fans do anything for him for his time there? Was there anything? I honestly don't know but he was their star for maybe 6 years. I think Buck took him out because the trade was done not to get hurt.

NYYF Legend

Weíve seen a lot of Machado over the last six years. I never once remember a time when he didnít hustle. The guy really had awful timing this postseason. I wonít change my opinion of him over that. Heís one of the best players in the game, hands down.

Corbin - overrated
    Kluber - old
    MadBum - decline
    Goldschmidt- walk year
    Machado - doesnt hustle
    Harper - just more strikeouts
    Paxton - injury prone
    Happ - old
    CC - not good enough
    Gardner - done
    Donaldson - injury prone
    Brantley - injury prone

So basically Degrom/Trout?

Good luck Cash.
    So you're saying they all come with some warts.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Weíve seen a lot of Machado over the last six years. I never once remember a time when he didnít hustle. The guy really had awful timing this postseason. I wonít change my opinion of him over that. Heís one of the best players in the game, hands down.

The guy came out point blank and said hustling is not his "cup of tea".

Not sure how that's a timing issue. That's who he is. He actually admitted it...

Corbin - overrated
    Kluber - old
    MadBum - decline
    Goldschmidt- walk year
    Machado - doesnt hustle
    Harper - just more strikeouts
    Paxton - injury prone
    Happ - old
    CC - not good enough
    Gardner - done
    Donaldson - injury prone
    Brantley - injury prone

So basically Degrom/Trout?

Good luck Cash.
    I totally understand your passion and applaud your desire to end the championship drought. There is more truth in your player assessment even though it was meant to be sarcasm.
    The problem with this market is the players needed to get the Yankees over the top are not on your list.
    Pitching is what they need and had they landed Cole and Ohtani rings would be on order today.

NYYF Legend

The guy came out point blank and said hustling is not his "cup of tea".

Not sure how that's a timing issue. That's who he is. He actually admitted it...
    Ok but before this postseason have you ever seen or heard of this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    I totally understand your passion and applaud your desire to end the championship drought. There is more truth in your player assessment even though it was meant to be sarcasm.
    The problem with this market is the players needed to get the Yankees over the top are not on your list.
    Pitching is what they need and had they landed Cole and Ohtani rings would be on order today.
    Ohtani isn't pitching any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Ok but before this postseason have you ever seen or heard of this issue?
    Seen, no, because I admittedly had no motivation to watch any O's games unless they were playing the Yankees, but I had heard the whispers for a while now.

A simple Google query of "Machado fails to run" will uncover at least 3 separate instances where this occurred and became a news story during the 2018 season.

And if it comes to light that Harper is cut from the same cloth, then I don't want him either.

Ohtani isn't pitching any time soon.
    Not my point.
    What I tried and obviously failed to communicate to you was what the Yankees lack isn't available now but was before last season.
    What did the mighty New York Yankees do....failed to acquire not just one of them but both.
    There was a time not that long ago that international players were drawn by Yankee lure. The organization has lost its luster and Hal imo has a lot to do with it.

Not my point.
    What I tried and obviously failed to communicate to you was what the Yankees lack isn't available now but was before last season.
    What did the mighty New York Yankees do....failed to acquire not just one of them but both.
    There was a time not that long ago that international players were drawn by Yankee lure. The organization has lost its luster and Hal imo has a lot to do with it.
    Kluber, Carrasco, and Bumgarner are better or at the very least equal (Carrasco) to Cole. the other 2 especially Kluber are clearly better, one season in Houston doesn't change that.

Not my point.
    Ummm....you do realize it was Ohtani's choice not the Yankees as to where he decided he wanted to play?

Kluber, Carrasco, and Bumgarner are better or at the very least equal (Carrasco) to Cole. the other 2 especially Kluber are clearly better, one season in Houston doesn't change that.
    Might want to check Cole's 2015 season and keep in mind the next two seasons were injury filled.What Cole accomplished in 2015 and this past season is who he is.
    Both Kluber and Carrasco are past prime.
    Bumgamer like Cole are in their prime.and last time I looked were not wearing pinstripes.
    Oh yea, the cost to acquire Bum...from SF will be sky high for the simple reason the Yankees are desperate .
    Bottom line two solid starters in their prime got away.

Might want to check Cole's 2015 season and keep in mind the next two seasons were injury filled.What Cole accomplished in 2015 and this past season is who he is.
    Both Kluber and Carrasco are past prime.
    Bumgamer like Cole are in their prime.and last time I looked were not wearing pinstripes.
    Oh yea, the cost to acquire Bum...from SF will be sky high for the simple reason the Yankees are desperate .
    Bottom line two solid starters in their prime got away.
    Cole yes, Ohtani no.

Quote Originally Posted by Outoftowner View Post
    at which part of the game is this true? Trout likely has more power, but aside from that at what aspect of the game is Trout significantly better than Betts at (besides the fact that Betts wears a gothic 'B' and Trout doesn't)? Betts has more speed, is a significantly better defender. OBP, SLG are about equal.
    OBP and SLG arenít close to being equal for their careers. So far Mookie is a one year wonder in terms of being in Troutís class, who is one of the great CFers of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    Ummm....you do realize it was Ohtani's choice not the Yankees as to where he decided he wanted to play?
    Ummmm.... That was my point exactly. Not sure why you couldn't see that.
    Once again the Yankees used to own that market. The Yankee luster/appeal isn't what it used to be.
    Hope that clears up any confusion on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    OBP and SLG arenít close to being equal for their careers. So far Mookie is a one year wonder in terms of being in Troutís class, who is one of the great CFers of all time.
    Agree Mookie hasn't accomplished what Trout has. Calling him a one year wonder is a bit harsh. Mookie barring injury should have a HOF career. Not that it matters but there isn't one player on the Yankees roster with his ability. The closes is Didi and he like Mookie have time to grow.I

Agree Mookie hasn't accomplished what Trout has. Calling him a one year wonder is a bit harsh. Mookie barring injury should have a HOF career. Not that it matters but there isn't one player on the Yankees roster with his ability. The closes is Didi and he like Mookie have time to grow.I
    I would say youíre pretty severely overrating Didiís ability and underrating a number of other yankees players here.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/...317746182?s=19

The Red Sox re-sign the WS MVP at $6.25m.

The Yankees re-sign their 4th OFer at $7.5m.
    Cashman doing Cashman things.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by sfischer89 View Post
    I would say youíre pretty severely overrating Didiís ability and underrating a number of other yankees players here.
    Ok. Since you mentioned a number of players more valuable than Didi on the team why don't you share that list and reasons why. This should be good.

Ummmm.... That was my point exactly. Not sure why you couldn't see that.
    Once again the Yankees used to own that market. The Yankee luster/appeal isn't what it used to be.
    Hope that clears up any confusion on your part.
    That doesn't make any sense, it had nothing to do with money or the Yankee luster/appeal. Ohtani simply wanted to play on the West Coast.

Thread Information