+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees were 1-6 on the road last year during the playoffs

The one good thing to take out of last nights game (actually two or three), was the superb performance of our bullpen, the performance of Boston's bullpen, and signs that Judge has begun to regain his presence at bat and in the field.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

The Yankees had every chance to win that game and whatever silver lining there is about fighting back, to me is outweighed by the fact that the Yankees yet again struggled with hitting with runners on base/RISP.

NYYF Legend

This debate has raged but the question bears repeating, would the Yankees fare better with RISP if they had one or two batters in the lineup who actually hit for average. Put differently, has BA been de-emphasized too much in building a roster?
    Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps!?!?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jpao89 View Post
    This debate has raged but the question bears repeating, would the Yankees fare better with RISP if they had one or two batters in the lineup who actually hit for average. Put differently, has BA been de-emphasized too much in building a roster?

ABBSOLUTELY!!! Too many K's trying to hit the long ball.
    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    The Yankees had every chance to win that game and whatever silver lining there is about fighting back, to me is outweighed by the fact that the Yankees yet again struggled with hitting with runners on base/RISP.
    Yet again? With RISP, the Yankees scored the 5th most runs, were 5th in OPS, and were 6th in BA. Overall, they were 2nd in Runs scored by just 25 runs.

Why would you want to change that offense?

Last night they did Luther the ball in play w/RISP in the 6th and 7th and as a result did score a couple of runs with productive outs. Also in last night’s game, Sanchez and Didi twice missed extra base hits by a few feet, which would have made it a different game. A little luck played into the results as it always does. Hopefully luck is on our side tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Yet again? With RISP, the Yankees scored the 5th most runs, were 5th in OPS, and were 6th in BA. Overall, they were 2nd in Runs scored by just 25 runs.

Last night they did Luther the ball in play w/RISP in the 6th and 7th and as a result did score a couple of runs with productive outs. Also in last night’s game, Sanchez and Didi twice missed extra base hits by a few feet, which would have made it a different game. A little luck played into the results as it always does. Hopefully luck is on our side tonight.
    How is bad luck when the team goes 1-7 with RISP, 4-19 with runners on base, and your ex-MVP clean up hitter strikes out with the bases loaded and 0 outs? I think that the Yankees are too reliant on the home run and would be better served with different types of hitters in the line-up.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post

Defeating loss last night but I couldn’t get mad at our boys. They put up a fight and almost came back in Fenway.

Tanaka is a big game pitcher. I fully expect to win tonight’s game with Price pitching for Boston

I would like the team average up.

But, to me it’s also about situational approach. Shortening your swing with 2 strikes for example.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Defeating loss last night but I couldn’t get mad at our boys. They put up a fight and almost came back in Fenway.

Tanaka is a big game pitcher. I fully expect to win tonight’s game with Price pitching for Boston
    You called it!

Thread Information