+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Yankees vs Red Sox ALDS Discussion Thread: BRING IT!!!!

We are healthy again, Boston.

We are whole again, Boston.

Bring it, Red Sox ... BRING IT!!!!
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Re: Yankees vs Red Sox ALDS Discussion Thread: BRING IT!!!!

For the record, Game 1 is 7:30 PM ET on Friday, October 5 @ Boston.

Obviously the Red Sox starter is Chris Sale.

Yankees starter is still TBD, clearly its Happ or Tanaka, but most likely Happ.

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Battingly; 10-04-18 at 01:04 AM.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

I'd pitch Happ in game 1 and Tanaka in game 2. Yankees need to take one of these first two game if they want a realistic shot at winning the series.

NYYF Legend

Tanaka Game 1, Happ game 2. I was very encouraged by Sanchez's work behind the plate tonight, which is important if you're going to pair him with splitter-throwing Tanaka. Tanaka has pitched OK to great in all 4 postseason starts with the Yankees. He has earned the Game 1 assignment. Happ just got here. Game 5 isn't a consideration in that respect because if Game 5 happens, it will be a Johnny Wholestaff game anyway, they both might pitch.

Get into that bullpen!!!

Not sold on it. Even Kimbrel has been hittable this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Get into that bullpen!!!

Not sold on it. Even Kimbrel has been hittable this year.
    I respect Kimbrel but you are right about the setup staff, a bunch of okey-dokies who are too much for the Royals and the Rangers and the Twins. In harsh October light I think they will melt. Remember "Plan A" was Carson Smith and Tyler Thornburg, neither was able to make it very long. Hembree, Kelly, Barnes etc., these are the "Plan B" guys. Let's see them do it in October.

NYYF Legend

I am worried about Wright out of their bullpen. He has given the Yankees fits.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Good point. He is definitely a weapon for them.

NYYF Legend

Has to be Happ in game one. The whole purpose behind Severino pitching tonight was they wanted Happ lined up to pitch games 1 and 5.

Yup. Outside of Kimbrel, he's the only reliever that scares me. Let's hope he comes in only after we have comfortable leads.

NYYF Legend

Has to be Happ in game one. The whole purpose behind Severino pitching tonight was they wanted Happ lined up to pitch games 1 and 5.
    They can easily pull Tanaka at first sign of trouble and sub in Happ, or Robertson, or Betances etc etc etc .... Game 5 is a Johnny Wholestaff game and both Tanaka and Happ will be potential factors regardless of who pitches Game 1.

I am going by the Torre "This game has a heartbeat, Brian" theory. These are not chess pieces, they are human beings. Tanaka has succeeded in the crucible of Yankee postseasons. Happ just got here. Respect.

Itís going to be Happ, Tanaka, Severino, CC for the first four in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Yep, I agree on all four in that precise order.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    I'd pitch Happ in game 1 and Tanaka in game 2. Yankees need to take one of these first two game if they want a realistic shot at winning the series.
    2017 called, they reminded you about the Cleveland series :-)

But I agree. Hell, lets take both. Im greedy!

Who just called into the FAN and told them to stop talking to Mets fans this morning and caring about what Mets fans think! lol That was great. It sucks that WFAN is a Mets/Jets station.

One thing that worries me about last night is Andujar showing he struggles throwing to 1st base, and the Red Sox laying down some 3rd base line bunts with their speedsters to set the table for JD.

Anyone else worried about that?

NYYF Legend

Agreed. Happ in game 1, Tanaka in game 2, Sevy in game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Who just called into the FAN and told them to stop talking to Mets fans this morning and caring about what Mets fans think! lol That was great. It sucks that WFAN is a Mets/Jets station.

It's actually not as much as it used to me, the Yankees actually are broadcast there now.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    One thing that worries me about last night is Andujar showing he struggles throwing to 1st base, and the Red Sox laying down some 3rd base line bunts with their speedsters to set the table for JD.

Anyone else worried about that?

I am worried about our defense in general... Even last night, it did not hurt us thank goodness, but Andujar nearly threw the grounder on the second batter of the game away. Then he did make an error later allowing a guy to reach. We also failed to turn a DP due to a Voit bad throw..

Too many outs we are giving away.. It's going to haunt eventually..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Roster adjustments will be needed. CC gets added, probably need an emergency long reliever as well so I suppose Lynn stays. Hechevarria is almost definitely going to stay, especially after that play he made last night and the fact that he came in for defense early in the game. Need Wade for PR, need Walker for 1B/PH, need Gardner too. That leaves Higashioka as the odd man out.
    Let the kids play.

wrong thread...

I have the Yankees in four.

I just think it's a good matchup for them. Although they finished the season 9-10 against them, including getting swept once, Sox have not dominated the Yankees the way they have other teams.
    Yankees have a better bull-pen and overall lineup (though I hate their approach). Since the Happ acquisition, both the rotations are pretty even to me.

NYYF Legend

Boone can deploy his ace relievers at the first signs of trouble - I love that about this upcoming series. The day off today and Sunday really help us.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Yes. That works for me. Too bad after we sweep this that CC won't get to pitch.

my neighbor says and a Redsox Fan- " Yankees face weak A's swinging lineup. they will never face an offensive team like Redsox who's patient and work the count, make pitch count up and put pressure on Yankees pitching, unlike A's."

My Response- Yankees can hit too

Thread Information