+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: Yankees vs Red Sox ALDS Discussion Thread: BRING IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    One thing that worries me about last night is Andujar showing he struggles throwing to 1st base, and the Red Sox laying down some 3rd base line bunts with their speedsters to set the table for JD.

Anyone else worried about that?
    Not worried about bunts per se but the fact that Boone pulled Andujar so early definitely gave me pause. We're going to be seeing a lot more of Hechevarria than I am comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Has to be Happ in game one. The whole purpose behind Severino pitching tonight was they wanted Happ lined up to pitch games 1 and 5.
    I wouldn't say the whole purpose. I think Sevy showed that he deserved to pitch that game.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I am worried about our defense in general... Even last night, it did not hurt us thank goodness, but Andujar nearly threw the grounder on the second batter of the game away. Then he did make an error later allowing a guy to reach. We also failed to turn a DP due to a Voit bad throw..

Too many outs we are giving away.. It's going to haunt eventually..
    Agreed. Boone used his defensive replacements masterfully last night though. So at least there's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    That leaves Higashioka as the odd man out.
    The fact that Boone didn't sub out Sanchez in the late innings is evidence enough that this will be the case. Also, Sanchez showed improved focus behind the plate last night which makes the decision easier. He looked terrible at the plate though. I'll take the solid defense though.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF Legend

So does Tarpley replace Lynn on the DS roster?

In a 9 inning game that would be best, but somebody needs to be able to pitch innings 10-15 if it comes down to that. They need a Lynn or Gray type on the roster, even though neither is likely to keep Boston scoreless for 6 innings.
    Let the kids play.

With Lynns success vs Boston, Id keep him on. In 6 games vs Boston, 33 IP, 1.91 ERA, 1.12 WHIP. He isnt getting left off the roster.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

And of course Angel Hernandez is on the umpire crew.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    my neighbor says and a Redsox Fan- " Yankees face weak A's swinging lineup. they will never face an offensive team like Redsox who's patient and work the count, make pitch count up and put pressure on Yankees pitching, unlike A's."

My Response- Yankees can hit too
    My response - The Aís led all of MLB in pitches per plate appearance. Not the Red Sox.

Yes. That works for me. Too bad after we sweep this that CC won't get to pitch.
    Thatís what I like to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I have the Yankees in four.

I just think it's a good matchup for them. Although they finished the season 9-10 against them, including getting swept once, Sox have not dominated the Yankees the way they have other teams.
    Yankees have a better bull-pen and overall lineup (though I hate their approach). Since the Happ acquisition, both the rotations are pretty even to me.
    I agree. In fact the Red Sox have struggled against the Astros and Indians as well. With Sale and ERod having problems in the second half, and with Boston barely playing .500 ball (20-18) for the last 6 weeks of the season, Sox fans should avoid being overconfident.

NYYF Legend

Iím concerned about corner defense with both Andujar and Voit but excited about the series overall.

My guess is wade and Higgs out, CC and Tarply in. No other changes from WC roster.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

I am worried about our defense in general... Even last night, it did not hurt us thank goodness, but Andujar nearly threw the grounder on the second batter of the game away. Then he did make an error later allowing a guy to reach. We also failed to turn a DP due to a Voit bad throw..

Letís not forget that the Red Sox have their own problems on defense at 3B. It was Rafael Devers who led the league in errors at 3B this year (24), not Andujar (15), despite playing 150 fewer innings in the field than Andujar. Early reports are that the Red Sox might go with Nunez at 3B in the postseason. Over his career, Nunez has been a UZR minus defender at 3B and has committed errors at the same rate as Andujar has. He has only played a few hundred innings at 3B this year.

There are no perfect teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    And of course Angel Hernandez is on the umpire crew.
    How is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    One thing that worries me about last night is Andujar showing he struggles throwing to 1st base, and the Red Sox laying down some 3rd base line bunts with their speedsters to set the table for JD.

Anyone else worried about that?
    ever watch HOW he throws? he pumps AND does not follow through.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    How is this possible?
    My exact thought. How on earth?
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ynkefan23 View Post
    ever watch HOW he throws? he pumps AND does not follow through.
    Just heard Mike Lowell dissect it. Says his arm slot is fine but he is opening his chest up too much, which is fixable. Andujar is only 22, lets hope he gets it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    How is this possible?
    Because only in MLB are the lousy umpires never excluded from the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    My response - The Aís led all of MLB in pitches per plate appearance. Not the Red Sox.
    Added, A's and Boston had the same wRC+ this year. That team we beat last night was for real.

Because only in MLB are the lousy umpires never excluded from the playoffs.
    The lousy refs always get the playoffs in the NHL. Of course that's because the majority are garbage
    #HarperWatch

IMO, the x-factor is Sale. If he's healthy we're going to be up against it. We couldn't touch him when we faced him back in June and we had our regular roster except for Sanchez. Granted, Sonny Gray started that game and promptly put us in a 6-0 hole after 2 innings but Sale pitched 7 innings allowing 1 hit + 1 BB while K'ing 11 on 101 pitches. Pretty dominant.

Bottom line: we're likely going to have to beat Sale at least once to win this series.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF Legend

So any thoughts on the other AL series? I am hoping Cleveland can take out the Astros.

So any thoughts on the other AL series? I am hoping Cleveland can take out the Astros.
    I want Astros. You win, you want to take out the champs. You lose, you want the champs to take out Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    I want Astros. You win, you want to take out the champs. You lose, you want the champs to take out Boston.
    Cleveland gave Boston all they could handle during the reg season though. I don't think it's a given that the Sox would beat them. And clearly it's not a given that the Sox are going to get to the ALCS.

That said, I want them all to lose. I really can't stand that Astros team. They're a bit too full of themselves for my taste. The Indians are a bit more likable. And the Red Sox...well...no effing way in hell I want them even sniffing another WS.

Go Brewers?
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Both Voit and Andujar were experiencing postseason for the first time last night in a “winner take all game”. Voit was obviously extremely nervous in the first few innings but settled down and missed a HR by just a few inches. Maybe the faux pas in the first few innings affected Andujar a bit and that’s why he was subbed out earlier.

Now that they’ve both experienced a postseason W, I reckon they’ll be hungry for more at Fenway. BRING IT ON!!!

NYYF Legend

Sale was averaging 90MPH on the fastball in his last start and topped out at 94, that has to concern Boston. I like our chances in this series, we finally have a healthy lineup, a big advantage when it comes to the bullpen, and 4 starters I feel good about. Not to mention, the Yankees aren't scared of Price.

NYYF Legend

I have no preference in the other series. Just beat Boston and take on whoever is left standing.

Houston is obviously a tougher opponent on paper but the Indians are no pushover with or without Bauer.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

I so want the Yankees to sweep the Boston series. What happens next isn't as important to me. I'd love for us to win the YS, but I want a sweep of Boston more

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information