+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 MLB Postseason Games Thread

How is Elvis Pressly? Any good?

NYYF Legend

The play Bregman made right there reminded me of Graig Nettles.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Joe West always finds a way to unnecessarily insert himself into the game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Joe West always finds a way to unnecessarily insert himself into the game.
    And there was no error on the play.

Huh?!

NYYF Legend

Didnít West see that .... oh wait.

NYYF Legend

Fans boo'd West too.

Um...You do understand he likely saved you a base, right?

NYYF Legend

The Astros actually deserve to lose this game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    How is Elvis Pressly? Any good?
    Ainít nothin but a hound dog

NYYF Legend

Straight up Andujar for Bregman.

NYYF Legend

Martinez has a brain freeze and argues a called strike when he needed to be running to first base.

Oof.

Yeah, but it's a one run game, so it's unlikely if he somehow scored the run would've mattered.

NYYF Legend

I'm liking the score now. Tack on, tack on!

NYYF Legend

Yeah so maybe that run didn't mean so much after all.

Why the hell is McHugh warming up? Stop being stupid, Hinch. The ninth should be Rondon's inning. McHugh is probably your second best reliever--why the hell are you wasting him in a game you're up 5?? Save him for multiple innings tomorrow if needed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Why the hell is McHugh warming up? Stop being stupid, Hinch. The ninth should be Rondon's inning. McHugh is probably your second best reliever--why the hell are you wasting him in a game you're up 5?? Save him for multiple innings tomorrow if needed.
    It's Fenway Park, where good hitters turn into video game hitters, and below average hitters win batting titles.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Meanwhile, the NLCS is tied at 1-1 after the Los Angeles Dodgers take Game 2 over the Milwaukee Brewers, 4-3.

Orlando Arcia broke a scoreless four innings with his solo shot in the fifth inning and Ryan Braun followed it up with a RBI groundout as Milwaukee led 2-0 after five.

Travis Shaw made it 3-0 after six with his solo blast.

But the Dodgers rallied for four runs, two each in the seventh and eighth, to grab the victory.

Cody Bellinger dented home plate with a RBI single and Jeremy Jeffress allowed a run with a bases loaded walk in the seventh.

Justin Turner took Jeffress deep with a two-run bomb in the eighth to give the Dodgers a 4-3 lead.

Kenley Jansen got the save as the series shifts to Dodger Stadium tied at 1-1 and the Brewers lost their first game since September 22.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

#1 BronxBomber Enthusiast JeanC's Avatar
    Country living at ITS BEST! Indiana of Course!

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I'm liking the score now. Tack on, tack on!
    me too!!
    Yankees Are Still the Best in the MLB! Better than ALL the Rest!!!!!

McHugh was their second best reliever during the regular season.... then they added Pressly and threw McCullers in the pen behind Osuna. McHugh is number 4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    It's Fenway Park, where good hitters turn into video game hitters, and below average hitters win batting titles.
    Five run lead with the 4-6 hitters due up for Boston. If you're not going to use a guy like Rondon in such a situation, then when?

Quote Originally Posted by JLJ81 View Post
    McHugh was their second best reliever during the regular season.... then they added Pressly and threw McCullers in the pen behind Osuna. McHugh is number 4 now.
    I'm not buying that. McHugh has been shutdown throughout the year. Pressly has been ridiculous since he got there, but I definitely trust McHugh more than either. At any rate, McHugh isn't a guy you go to get the last three outs up five.

I'm not buying that. McHugh has been shutdown throughout the year. Pressly has been ridiculous since he got there, but I definitely trust McHugh more than either. At any rate, McHugh isn't a guy you go to get the last three outs up five.
    Pressly is their number 1 setup guy and the guy they had up when Verlander was getting into trouble.

Pressly during the regular season as an Astros...

26 games
    .77 ERA
    .60 WHIP
    12.3 k/9

Rondon in September
    10 Games
    9.72 ERA
    2.52 WHIP

Rondon has been awful, and wasn't even on the ALDS roster.

My guess is Hinch was more interested in saving Osuna than burning McHugh for 1 inning. He figured McHugh was more likely to shut them down, and Rondon could get into trouble which would cause Hinch to have to bring in Osuna.

Now he can still use Pressly, McHugh, and McCullers for an inning a piece tomorrow and have Osuna go 2 if necessary.

Pressly is their number 1 setup guy and the guy they had up when Verlander was getting into trouble.

Pressly during the regular season as an Astros...

26 games
    .77 ERA
    .60 WHIP
    12.3 k/9

Rondon in September
    10 Games
    9.72 ERA
    2.52 WHIP

Rondon has been awful, and wasn't even on the ALDS roster.

My guess is Hinch was more interested in saving Osuna than burning McHugh for 1 inning. He figured McHugh was more likely to shut them down, and Rondon could get into trouble which would cause Hinch to have to bring in Osuna.

Now he can still use Pressly, McHugh, and McCullers for an inning a piece tomorrow and have Osuna go 2 if necessary.
    Like I said, Pressly has been ridiculous for the Astros, but I still trust McHugh more than him.

If Rondon is not going to be used up five, then when is he going to be used, up 1 a la AJ Cole? That's an inning for Rondon/Smith, no need to burn McHugh senselessly.

Is Peacock hurt? If not, why is he not on the roster?

Calls a tool a tool

Like I said, Pressly has been ridiculous for the Astros, but I still trust McHugh more than him.

If Rondon is not going to be used up five, then when is he going to be used, up 1 a la AJ Cole? That's an inning for Rondon/Smith, no need to burn McHugh senselessly.

The airline didnt allow Hinch to bring his emotional support peacock on the flight.

Pressly has more electric stuff than McHugh. Both have been very good for the Astros but they seem to trust Pressly more.

No idea if Rondon will be used at all. I think they trust everyone else in the pen before him. Plus, he threw a mini tantrum when he was left off the ALDS roster and didn't come out with team during introductions.

Peacock wasn't good the last month of the season like Rondon. His era in September was 6.14 with a 1.479 whip.

I think the Astros went with Josh James over Peacock because he has electric stuff and he can be a long man and give the Astros 3 or 4 innings if necessary. It's crazy the guys they have that didn't make the ALDS or ALCS roster. Peacock, Devinski, Will Harris... 2 former All-Stars and a guy in Peacock that was huge in their championship run last year.

I think it is a combination of analytics and riding the hot hands from the end of the regular season.

Pressly has more electric stuff than McHugh. Both have been very good for the Astros but they seem to trust Pressly more.

No idea if Rondon will be used at all. I think they trust everyone else in the pen before him. Plus, he threw a mini tantrum when he was left off the ALDS roster and didn't come out with team during introductions.

Peacock wasn't good the last month of the season like Rondon. His era in September was 6.14 with a 1.479 whip.

I think the Astros went with Josh James over Peacock because he has electric stuff and he can be a long man and give the Astros 3 or 4 innings if necessary. It's crazy the guys they have that didn't make the ALDS or ALCS roster. Peacock, Devinski, Will Harris... 2 former All-Stars and a guy in Peacock that was huge in their championship run last year.

I think it is a combination of analytics and riding the hot hands from the end of the regular season.
    Pressly's stuff is rather pedestrian. Holder-esque with a better breaking ball.

If Rondon won't be used at all, then why is he wasting a valuable roster spot? Didn't know about the tantrum--more reason to have gone with Peacock instead of Rondon. Never been a fan of Will Harris. I can see why they took James, though--he's got a big arm.

George Springer = postseason God.

David Price craps in his pants in the postseason. They're letting him off the hook, though.

Thread Information