+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Yankees vs. Athletics Wild Card News & Discussion

Let's hope Sevy's stuff is nasty tomorrow.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    I like it. Assuming we win the WC game, it sets up Happ to start the ALDS game 1 at Fenway and Sevy to start game 3 at home.
    He's on the WC roster but you'd have to assume they really don't want to use him.

I like it. Assuming we win the WC game, it sets up Happ to start the ALDS game 1 at Fenway and Sevy to start game 3 at home.
    As with almost all decisions like this, there is logic behind it that makes sense..

So is it a good move? Well indeed it is............... if it works..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Can't be worse than last year.

Little nervous but he is our "Ace". Lets do this Sevy!! Happ twice for Boston.

Do we know what OAK is doing?

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Happ is the ace, like it or not. Well, I hope starting Sevy doesn't backfire. I am worried.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    In addition to Walker, Romine, and Hechy, Gardner obviously will be on the bench. There will not be more than 12 pitchers. One of those will be Holder, based on his season, not the last outing. I think another will be Tarpley. He at least will be one of 12 on the ALDS if they win Wednesday. I think the top 12 are the four starters, the five premier relievers, Holder, Tarpley and Lynn over Gray as a long man. I think for the playoff game, they might carry Bird rather than one of the starters or, more likely, Lynn. Maybe Wade also.

I would start Sevy with a very quick hook if he is not dominating. Give him a chance, because if he is on, no one will hit him.
    You called it first.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Sevy gets the start.
    Just found out. I don't understand it but I am not surprised. I feel Happ is our better (our best?) pitcher now, Sevy is having issues with his FB, and the way Boone was talking about this game and not the BoSox - I hope this works out. For me it was a no brainer but I was wrong most of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
    Let's hope Sevy's stuff is nasty tomorrow.

But not so nasty that Gary can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    But not so nasty that Gary can't handle it.
    Yeah,

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/33263/luis-severino

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Happ is the ace, like it or not. Well, I hope starting Sevy doesn't backfire. I am worried.
    As am I. Severino working with Sanchez did not work at Oakland. But we have Happ for Boston. Too bad we are always more concerned with the game after the one we are actually playing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    Yup. Very surprised. Thought Happ was a no brainer.
    It would be to any other team.

NYYF Legend

I really hope that was not the logic behind this decision. You cannot be looking ahead to the division series. Lose tomorrow night and the season is over. I can only surmise they were thinking of bullpenning the wildcard game but figured they might as well roll the dice that they are going to get "good Severino". If he doesn't look sharp they pull him immediately and it becomes a bullpen game anyway. But Happ seemed like the obvious choice to me.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I really hope that was not the logic behind this decision. You cannot be looking ahead to the division series. Lose tomorrow night and the season is over. I can only surmise they were thinking of bullpenning the wildcard game but figured they might as well roll the dice that they are going to get "good Severino". If he doesn't look sharp they pull him immediately and it becomes a bullpen game anyway. But Happ seemed like the obvious choice to me.
    This. We are not playing the Twins this time. Severino gives up three runs in the first this time Yankees are not winning. Meanwhile Happ has clearly been our best starter since we got him and he dominated the A's at Oakland.

Sevy it is

NYYF Legend

Poor decision.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    In addition to Walker, Romine, and Hechy, Gardner obviously will be on the bench. There will not be more than 12 pitchers. One of those will be Holder, based on his season, not the last outing. I think another will be Tarpley. He at least will be one of 12 on the ALDS if they win Wednesday. I think the top 12 are the four starters, the five premier relievers, Holder, Tarpley and Lynn over Gray as a long man. I think for the playoff game, they might carry Bird rather than one of the starters or, more likely, Lynn. Maybe Wade also.

I would start Sevy with a very quick hook if he is not dominating. Give him a chance, because if he is on, no one will hit him.
    He hasn't been "on" for nearly 3 months.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Poor decision.
    Very poor decision. They only care about Friday. And the thought that Happ could pitch a game 5 that might never happen. What if Happ had won tomorrow and Yankees beat Boston in 4 games?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post

Sounds like theyre going with Liam Hendricks as an opener.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post

Bull pen game with Liam Hendrick as "opener"

I'd expect them to mix and match early with: Buchter, Petit, Kelly, Wendelken and mid/late with: Truvino, Rodney, Famila, Trienen

Would not be too surprised to see them try to get 4/5 with Truvino, 6/7 Famila, 8/9 Trienen.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

No choice but to get behind this. I'll actually be more upset if they take Holder over Tarpley.

Addicted Member

So, Sevy starts. I prefer Happ. Good thing we're not the ones who made the decision. But then again if it backfires, they still get to keep their jobs. I'm really hoping we get a good Sevy out there and our offense comes out swinging and scoring, early and plenty. Also, bullpen needs to be ready, steady, and strong.

Poor choice but what's new.

Is stanton going to be given the day off? Might need more rest for the offseason

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Very poor decision. They only care about Friday. And the thought that Happ could pitch a game 5 that might never happen. What if Happ had won tomorrow and Yankees beat Boston in 4 games?
    Khris Davis, Piscotty, and Matt Chapman. Their three best hitters, hit lefties significantly worse.

If they are planning for Boston, it would be real stupid. However, this is the mistake Boone has made all season, using low leverage guys and saving high leverage relievers for a situation that may never occur.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    This is my lineup guess:

McCutchen
    Judge
    Hicks
    Stanton
    Voit
    Didi
    Andujar
    Sanchez
    Bae

Although I wouldn't mind if they put Voit a little higher...maybe switch with Stanton.
    When did we reacquire Zach Littel?

Thread Information