+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees vs. Athletics Wild Card News & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Because he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Good late inning defensive replacement though.
    That's my point though. If the plan was to bring in Hech as 3B defensive replacement, he should have gotten more reps there.

He had only 10 IP there w/ the Yankees. 92 IP @ SS.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    That's my point though. If the plan was to bring in Hech as 3B defensive replacement, he should have gotten more reps there.

He had only 10 IP there w/ the Yankees. 92 IP @ SS.
    I have no idea why they acquired him in the first place but he turned out to be decent insurance for Didi's injury which is why he got the innings at SS.

As to why they used him at 3B last night I can only speculate that they figured a good SS at 3B was better than a bad 3B at 3B.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    I don't think he can bring back what we would want for him. The guy is a 1 way kid plays batting as for the field forget it.

Nobody wants a kid as there DH but we will be stuck with him for a long time.
    There's always a GM out there that is so in love with a kid's bat and "upside" at 23 that you can probably get a lot in return. While he's performed well at the plate, I much prefer a more disciplined hitter there, and certainly one that can actually play defense. Andujar's value will never be higher than it is now. I don't expect him to repeat this year's numbers. Sell high.

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    I don't think he can bring back what we would want for him. The guy is a 1 way kid plays batting as for the field forget it.

Nobody wants a kid as there DH but we will be stuck with him for a long time.
    You're talking about Sanchez?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    I thought that he went too much with breaking stuff after the first. They started recognizing the slider and laying off of it and that was when he started to labor. Lots of full counts. Kind of went into turtle mode. I would rather he had stayed more aggressive. At least mix in more fastballs to keep them honest.
    Agreed. I made a similar comment in the Severino thread. The A's were the best team in baseball at not chasing pitches out of the zone, and they had trouble catching up to Sevy's fastball. I was getting a little annoyed watching him try to nibble with changeups and sliders after that dominant first inning.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

So is everybody happy today?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    As to why they used him at 3B last night I can only speculate that they figured a good SS at 3B was better than a bad 3B at 3B.
    I agree. I'm just saying they should have given him more play at 3B if this was the plan.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

The Yankees finally give kids from their farm a chance and people want to trade them
    #HarperWatch

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    The Yankees finally give kids from their farm a chance and people want to trade them
    If it upgrades your team, sure. I donít think anyone wants to trade Andujar just to get rid of him. But itís likely he will always be a bad defender, and thereís a good chance that they head into the offseason with just 2 controlled starting pitchers. They should be looking for a match.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    If it upgrades your team, sure. I donít think anyone wants to trade Andujar just to get rid of him. But itís likely he will always be a bad defender, and thereís a good chance that they head into the offseason with just 2 controlled starting pitchers. They should be looking for a match.
    Get Corbin in FA, resign Happ and maybe Lynn, trade Gray and sign Harper. Call it an offseason
    #HarperWatch

Designated for Assignment

Get Corbin in FA, resign Happ and maybe Lynn, trade Gray and sign Harper. Call it an offseason
    Still doesnít address the need for a 1/A starter. Corbin, coming off a career season after years of mediocrity, is not that guy. And Happ will be 36 next season.

I agree with Harper, but only if they can trade Stanton to the Dodgers.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    So is everybody happy today?
    The usual suspects will always find something to b*tch about.

Was great to see this lineup finally start to hit all cyclinders. Iíve got a very good feeling about this upcoming series with Boston.

Sign me up
    Id like to re sign Britton as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    There's always a GM out there that is so in love with a kid's bat and "upside" at 23 that you can probably get a lot in return. While he's performed well at the plate, I much prefer a more disciplined hitter there, and certainly one that can actually play defense. Andujar's value will never be higher than it is now. I don't expect him to repeat this year's numbers. Sell high.
    Nah, his bat is legit and he's only 23.

It would be a HUGE mistake to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Nah, his bat is legit and he's only 23.

It would be a HUGE mistake to trade him.
    Anybody is replaceable, maybe expect for judge. You could of been saying the same thing about Sanchez last year, that it would be a huge mistake to trade him. On the flip side, I'm too scared to trade for a starting pitcher. Pitchers are just a walking injury waiting to happen. Not to mention the devaluing of the starting pitcher is only going to get worse with the "openers".

I've said it before but it bears repeating. The reason you don't trade Andujar and sign Machado is because this is 2018, not 1998. We have a salary cap and crippling luxury taxes too. When you have a blue chip talent like Andujar at a certain position, YES, with room for improvement defensively, but he's young and locked in for the cheap for a long time, you don't trade him away to sign a Machado for 100+M dollars. You stick with the young blue chipper and are free to use that 100+M to upgrade your real weaknesses, like starting pitching. Trade Andujar, sign Machado, and you can forget about acquiring an ace.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    I've said it before but it bears repeating. The reason you don't trade Andujar and sign Machado is because this is 2018, not 1998. We have a salary cap and crippling luxury taxes too. When you have a blue chip talent like Andujar at a certain position, YES, with room for improvement defensively, but he's young and locked in for the cheap for a long time, you don't trade him away to sign a Machado for 100+M dollars. You stick with the young blue chipper and are free to use that 100+M to upgrade your real weaknesses, like starting pitching. Trade Andujar, sign Machado, and you can forget about acquiring an ace.
    Eh, they could move Andu to another position and still sign Machado and someone like Corbin if they wanted.

I cant believe all the Andujar hate. The kid might win the ROY, hitting .300 with power and clutch while being dirt cheap for a long time.

Only Yankee fans...

Andujar is our 3rd baseman for a long time. Him and Torres will be the left side of the infield for a long time. They are kids and will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I cant believe all the Andujar hate. The kid might win the ROY, hitting .300 with power and clutch while being dirt cheap for a long time.

Only Yankee fans...

Andujar is our 3rd baseman for a long time. Him and Torres will be the left side of the infield for a long time. They are kids and will only get better.
    I wouldn't call it hate. It's not unreasonable to worry about his defensive deficiencies and discuss moving him from a somewhat premium defensive position and the roster challenges associated with that.

I agree. I'm just saying they should have given him more play at 3B if this was the plan.
    I don't think that was the plan until he buried those two throws last night.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post

Only Yankee fans...

Glad Iím not the only one who feels this way.
    People tend to forget how bad we had it with Headley...

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Glad Iím not the only one who feels this way.
    People tend to forget how bad we had it with Headley...
    We did, just not sure how long he can play 3rd if heís that bad. And I probably think fielding effects the game less than anybody on this forum
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF MVP

I don't get why they didn't play Hech more at 3B during the season.
    Maybe because they did not get him until Aug 31

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    We did, just not sure how long he can play 3rd if he’s that bad. And I probably think fielding effects the game less than anybody on this forum
    Sure, but he is 23. WE need to give him time to see if the defense develops. I think he is a solid fielder, its just been the throws, which is fixable, that have been the issue. His range isnt great, but its not the issue IMO. Fix the throwing motion, and he is a great player if he continues to excel at the plate. I feel like every .300 hitter the Yankees get some fans want to chase him off because of some of his negative attributes. Again, he is only 23. Things can get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Still doesnít address the need for a 1/A starter. Corbin, coming off a career season after years of mediocrity, is not that guy. And Happ will be 36 next season.

I agree with Harper, but only if they can trade Stanton to the Dodgers.
    Why would they trade Stanton? Since they won't bat Judge and Stanton back to back, Harper is the perfect bat to put between them
    #HarperWatch

Why would they trade Stanton? Since they won't bat Judge and Stanton back to back, Harper is the perfect bat to put between them
    Where are all these guys going to play? Thats 3 RFers...

Thread Information